Learning how to cook...

Do you think that a GUY should know how to cook?

• YES

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think that it is a "PLUS" for a man to know how to make a nice meal for those times when your lady cant or is not in the mood etc? Or for those times where you want to suprise your girl with a romantic / erotic dinner?

My own opinion is that being able to cook is a BIG plus for a guy, and from what i have gathered, its also a turn on for a woman.

I went to my mother and i asked her to teach me how to cook... so she took out this traumatisingly HUGE cook book and told me to choose the things that i wanted to learn... I started this last year December and i am STILL learning... and let me say, that i suprise myself with the things that i can make/create, in a good way ofcoarse;)

So what do you guys think?

Comments please;) Thanx.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cooking is a serious plus in a DJs arsenal. Also, asking a woman over to help you cook dinner is a major date idea. Tons of kino can take place plus a movie and dessert afterward. ;)

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deffintly good...honey what did you burn for dinner.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ima shelcha zona!

Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
deffintly good...honey what did you burn for dinner.
hahaha:p ya`ben zona!

Thats why u P R A C T I C E ! !;)

smooth666

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cooking is great. Esp. if you are good at some nice mexican or indian dishes + some ****tails ahead.:D
EVERYBODY can cook, just get some good recipes (tons online) and try them once or twice before you invite her/cook with her.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course a guy should know how to cook. Unless you plan on getting married immediately after you finish high school, odds are good that you'll be living either by yourself or with a roommate for a good number of years while you finish college and also while you're working at whatever job you get once you've earned your degree. Eating out every night will get expensive, and just knowing how to make PB&J and Ramen Noodles will get to be very, very tedious after about... a week. Knowing how to cook well doesn't take away from being "manly"... in fact, it adds to it.

Case in point, I've learned how to choose, prepare, and cook the perfect steak from my dad, who learned the technique from his dad when he was a kid. Plus, I also lived for a year in an outdoor boot camp where we were forced to find wood, start a fire, and cook our meals every day, 3 times a day - in snow, rain, wind, you name it. It's definitely helped; now I consider myself to be a rather good if not exceptional chef... and I wouldn't trade that ability away for anything.

Oh, and I'm not going to ask why check_mate called a guy 'honey'... but I have my ideas. :rolleyes:

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah diablos right, you obviously HAVE to learn to cook, my flatmates sure as hell arent gonna supply me with food.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diablo said:

Oh, and I'm not going to ask why check_mate called a guy 'honey'... but I have my ideas.
lol:p ... He was predicting what the WOMAN would say to YOU (the MAN);)

I actually enjoy cooking, the thing that i hate about it is having to clean up afterwards:mad: But i like what Francisco d'Anconia said :

Cooking is a serious plus in a DJs arsenal. Also, asking a woman over to help you cook dinner is a major date idea. Tons of kino can take place
Hêll... I'm deffinatelly gonna do that... i mean... what could be more fun than learning how to cook TOGEATHER :rolleyes: I just hope that we dont distract eachother TOO MUCH and end up getting treated for 1st degree burns:eek:

Laterz...

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every guy should know how to cook, I do it all the time. Not just for the ladies, but me too.

My favorite is to get up and fix breakfast after a fun filled night with a lady.

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I started cooking, but only bodybuilder food:D

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, cooking rules. I learned to cook back in my big "weed fiend" days when I basically needed to learn how to make stuff beyond the traditional munchies for my own sanity/survival. The best part was the anticipation while I was making it, like "Oh my god, this is going to rock my face off."

Also, I think there naturally comes a point for most guys to learn to cook sometime in college when you get a house or apartment. I think eventually a person needs to ween themselves off Ramen noodles and TV dinners and really make something decent.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mechanics don't use cheap tools, and neither do chefs.

Buy stainless steel pots and pans. They last forever, look cool, cook the food more evenly, and are practically indestructible.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GirlCrazy
Mechanics don't use cheap tools, and neither do chefs.

Buy stainless steel pots and pans. They last forever, look cool, cook the food more evenly, and are practically indestructible.
I didn't know what I was missing until I got a set areal good set of knives. I already had a set of pots and pans I got for $320 but it wasn't until I bought a set of $200 Chicago Cutlery that I realized how hard I was working with a cheap set of knives.

Guys, you don't have to spend that much but stay away from the cheapo $20 sets that you find in discount stores. Women notice when you use good cooking utensils.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have All-Clad pots and pans and Chicago Cutlery knives.

I figure for what I spent on weed, CD's and fast food in my younger years, I could of owned those brands, eaten better and been laid more!

Women notice when you use good cooking utensils.
They also notice your kitchen as a whole. When I bought my first house, the kitchen was an after-thought, and I regretted every minute of cooking in it. You can always toss your crappy cookware, but a kitchen is something you're stuck with.

Mark's New Kitchen

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...They also notice your kitchen as a whole. When I bought my first house, the kitchen was an after-thought, and I regretted every minute of cooking in it. You can always toss your crappy cookware, but a kitchen is something you're stuck with.

Mark's New Kitchen
This is true. I just broke ground on my new place and a huge part of my builder selection was their kitchen styles. Nowadays the kitchen makes as much of a statement (if not more) than your living area.

Your kitchen isn't really bad at all. It's good that you have canned lighting. You do have them on a dimmer, don't you? Having a honey over helping you prepare dinner in mood lighting is indescribable. The only thing I'd suggest is to add some color, nothing much just a couple of interesting pieces on your counter.

Oh yeah, here's a tip. Women love places that smell nice. I picked up a simmer pot and have it tucked in corner on the counter of my kitchen. Before a honey comes over I have either some vanilla, gardenia or rain forest liquid potpourri simmering.

I'm telling you guys, stimulate as many of her senses when she's over. Good food, a clean and crisp smelling house, mood music, and her rubbing your chest enjoying the feeling your new silk or microsuade shirt... She can't help but be impressed... ;)

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your kitchen isn't really bad at all. It's good that you have canned lighting. You do have them on a dimmer, don't you? Having a honey over helping you prepare dinner in mood lighting is indescribable. The only thing I'd suggest is to add some color, nothing much just a couple of interesting pieces on your counter.
Yeah it's kind of plain, but for living here only a few weeks, all the essentials are there. Well with 20 ish peeps coming for dinner Saturday, I should get some good feedback (not criticism, feedback, haha) on the decor. Not sure I trust my "straight man" decorating instincts. Either way the food will be good :)

The recessed lighting isn't on a dimmer, but everything else is. I'm just now figuring out what all the light switches do. For mood lighting I can just use the breakfast nook and family room lighting, which dims and has the same effect.

I'm telling you guys, stimulate as many of her senses when she's over. Good food, a clean and crisp smelling house, mood music, and her rubbing your chest enjoying the feeling your new silk or microsuade shirt... She can't help but be impressed...
That's why I fall into the "DJism as general self-improvement" camp. I wish some of these young bucks saw that. Getting women is automatic once you have your sh1t together.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That's why I fall into the "DJism as general self-improvement" camp. I wish some of these young bucks saw that. Getting women is automatic once you have your sh1t together.
This too is true. It takes experience and means to recognize, understand and implement it. Just being "God's Gift" will only get you so far...

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's about substance. It's the thing that stays boredom and the mundane. What good is a hot sports car without an engine, transmission, electrical and fuel systems? It's just a shell. Yeah it may look great but it won't be able to take you anywhere. How long would you be able to look at it without becoming bored?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed!

Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
It's about substance. It's the thing that stays boredom and the mundane. What good is a hot sports car without an engine, transmission, electrical and fuel systems? It's just a shell. Yeah it may look great but it won't be able to take you anywhere. How long would you be able to look at it without becoming bored?
Thats ONE way of looking at it:p But ya... thats very true...;)

Laterz...