Learned something from a 90 year old guy

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
He told me a story about how he got a small part in a Broadway play. 3,000 actors tried out for the part. He had no experience or credentials, but he got the part anyway. Out of curiosity, he asked the producer, "With all of these great actors, why the hell did you choose me?"

The producer's reply was simple: "You walked in here like you owned the place."

Women will respond to you in the exact same way. You do not walk into a social setting and wonder if you will get lucky, if you have a chance, if you will go home with the girl. You walk in knowing that the girl is already yours.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Theory compounded with consistency will lead to confidence which will give you courage, 100% of the time.

I think Brother DongFu has given us a wonderful analogy for being certain of yourself TO yourself. Placating to other people's attention will inevitable draw thier intrigue away from you.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dongfu said:
He told me a story about how he got a small part in a Broadway play. 3,000 actors tried out for the part. He had no experience or credentials, but he got the part anyway. Out of curiosity, he asked the producer, "With all of these great actors, why the hell did you choose me?"

The producer's reply was simple: "You walked in here like you owned the place."

Women will respond to you in the exact same way. You do not walk into a social setting and wonder if you will get lucky, if you have a chance, if you will go home with the girl. You walk in knowing that the girl is already yours.

Good Post

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Law 34: Be Royal in Your Own Fashion: Act Like a King to Be Treated Like One
The way you carry yourself will often determine how you are treated: In the long run, appearing vulgar or common will make people disrespect you. For a king respects himself and inspires the same sentiment in others. By acting regally and confident of your powers, you make yourself seem destined to wear a crown.

Reborn

Don Juan
Reaction score
People might wanna remember to read law 46 before they try to implement law 34.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People might wanna remember to read law 46 before they try to implement law 34.
Also . . . fvcking rule #1, hehe. Be careful.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its true in real life!!

ChrizZ said:
That sounds great in theory.
It works

Back when I first started going out (2006)
I would walk in a club, and just know I woud pull a number, and usually 90% I did.

One my 23rd birthday I told myself and my best friend (now room mate) I'm ****ing something tonight

My state was so ridiclous I literally "lorded" (as the rsd crew would say) the club and had a chick come home bringing me a bottle of wine etc etc

This is when I realized that frame/state are very critical in terms of gaming, it's been a huge part of my success

Peace

Last edited:

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is good advice that I've seen in my life. The last chick I met at a bar said I walked in like I owned the place and my friend who tried to game her walked in like he was afraid someone was going to jump him. It's that calm confidence that wins the day. You don't have to be over the top, just comfortable in your own skin.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with this completely %100. It's just a matter of confidence. If you walk in like you own the place you seem authoritative, you know what you're doing, you're confident and approachable. I think this is why I've gotten so many job promotions lately because I go and take charge, I grab whatever I'm doing by the horns and just go for it fearlessly and my bosses recognized that. No doubt I didn't know everything at first obviously, but I worked my ass off and stayed confident in my work. I think this is a good principle example of your theory. :)

mothballs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It really isn't theory at all, it works. It's quite paradoxical, but the only way to become confident is to be confident. All you have to do is start acting confident and eventually you will just be confident naturally.