Learn from Seinfeld

Android

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was watching Seinfeld with a completely different perspective last night. For the first time, I saw Jerry as a DJ and George as an AFC. They played the roles perfectly.

Jerry was going out with a girl who liked a tv commercial he thought was stupid. He didn't just shrug it off; he told her straight up it was dumb. He doesn't supplicate. Jerry knows there are more girls out there, better girls too. He strives for sex on his way to meeting the right woman. Jerry is the guy to learn from.

George, on the other hand, is just a disaster. He panics and makes himself look stupid. He tries to hide who he is - but he has to because he's a weirdo. George wonders when he should call. He has to get into an entirely different mindstate to ask a woman out. AFC.

Then there's Newman, who gets no action at all for obvious reasons.

Is Kramer a DJ? He could be. He could be the MDJ.

Anyone else see all this going on in the show?

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's pretty funny that jerry always had nice pieces of ass, he's no model. Must be the attitude.

RoeCyris

Don Juan
Reaction score
gotta be the cash & 'tude, u see that car he got for dad? haha. i think ur right though, alot could be learned from Jerry in the relm of dating.

but i dont really think george is an AFC, he has SOMETHING lined up most every show and he tries new things from time to time which i think just makes him an AC, no F.

and yes Kramer is an MDJ fosho, he does not care at all about what people think of him and he just does what he does. Thats why everyone loves kramer.

Sloopy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. Ugly girls don't get to be on TV.

Except for comic relief

~Sloopy

coldcoal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure it's just tv, but I think Jerry's characture shows quite a bit of the personality. There's the one where Jerry invents "a move" in bed, the one where he's dating the goody-goody chick and finds a closet full of spounges in mid-break up and changes his mind.
The one where he's trying to score with the gymnist and discusses with George all of the possible sexual positions. The one where he convinces Ellane to be his fvck buddy. Always talks about the rules of dating and just picks up the phone to call a woman anytime he wants. Will dump a woman without hesitation....

It's definately a DJ show, and a lot of women watch it.

jefe96

Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though it is just a tv show there are a few good DJ vs. AFC observations that are made. Jerry mentions to George about putting chicks on a pedestal in one episode and also I think there's something mentioned by Elaine about some guy she digs who is so mysterious and how it drives her nuts. Jerry got his fair share of chicks in real life (money or fame aside) until he finally settled down and stole some girl who was engaged to someone else. Since he wrote, or co-wrote, most of the episodes he must have some DJ in his blood.

Sloopy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by coldcoal
Sure it's just tv, but I think Jerry's characture shows quite a bit of the personality. There's the one where Jerry invents "a move" in bed, the one where he's dating the goody-goody chick and finds a closet full of spounges in mid-break up and changes his mind.
The one where he's trying to score with the gymnist and discusses with George all of the possible sexual positions. The one where he convinces Ellane to be his fvck buddy. Always talks about the rules of dating and just picks up the phone to call a woman anytime he wants. Will dump a woman without hesitation....

It's definately a DJ show, and a lot of women watch it.
Even though it is just a tv show there are a few good DJ vs. AFC observations that are made. Jerry mentions to George about putting chicks on a pedestal in one episode and also I think there's something mentioned by Elaine about some guy she digs who is so mysterious and how it drives her nuts. Jerry got his fair share of chicks in real life (money or fame aside) until he finally settled down and stole some girl who was engaged to someone else. Since he wrote, or co-wrote, most of the episodes he must have some DJ in his blood.

Touche...

~Sloopy

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
any fans of curb your enthusiasm??

Im such a larry david fan.

Reaction score
Originally posted by ikkenai
I think it's pretty funny that jerry always had nice pieces of ass, he's no model. Must be the attitude.
HAHA. Its because he is the executive producer. Have you ever seen the woman Elaine was actually based on? She was maybe a 5 or 6, while Julia Louis Dreyfuss was about an 8.5. Its all fantasy.

Curb your enthusiasm is pretty good.

I steal forks from restaurants

King of You

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think its been mentioned on this site before. But theres an episode where george just "lets go" and the first thing he says to this one HB is "im unemployed and i live with my parents". and he just does things with the utmost confidence and he scores with the HB.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by King of You
I think its been mentioned on this site before. But theres an episode where george just "lets go" and the first thing he says to this one HB is "im unemployed and i live with my parents". and he just does things with the utmost confidence and he scores with the HB.
I think that's the "do the opposite" episode. That was a good one. I think that's when he got his job with the Yankees too by telling off George Steinbrenner hahaha

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by italostud
I think that's the "do the opposite" episode. That was a good one. I think that's when he got his job with the Yankees too by telling off George Steinbrenner hahaha
Yeah that episode was funny as hell. I liked how he got hired to the yankees when he cussed out the owner. "Davis...hire this MAN!" But I agree you can learn a thing or two about DJ'ing from Jerry and Kramer.

sam21

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, that "do the opossite" episode is soo damn funny

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
George might be AFC, Larry David has said that George was based on himself. David has also said that his comedy comes from not being good with women, david is the self proclaimed master of supplication, but I don't see that in his shows...

Freeman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ikkenai

Seinfield is a pimp!

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Apart from being a TV show I don't see many DJ qualities in jerry. Sure he gets some women but look at his other traits. He show no respect for other people, break up with women for no reason (no that's not being DJ), has no aim in his life. I just don't see him as a DJ, he has alot of issues he really need to take care off he would be like this IRL.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jerry Seinfeld is obviously a former dork who became a DJ as he became more sure of himself through time. I think a lot of us are making a similar transformation.

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sloopy
Yeah. Ugly girls don't get to be on TV.

Except for comic relief

~Sloopy
True, most of the women on Seinfeld are fairly good looking. However, the people (guys and girls) are in general much plainer looking than the people on most TV shows. While few of them are bad looking, the people on Seinfeld aren't quite on the caliber of those on most TV shows. I think that in terms of how people look, Seinfeld is one of the more realistic shows out there.

Look at Friends. Have you ever seen an average looking girl on Friends? I haven't, they're all very hot. But I've seen plenty on Seinfeld.