Lean/Muscular Guys: Dressing dooshy vs Classy at the Bar/Club

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys that have a very athletic build... What are the differences in your results when you wear, say, a tight short sleeve v-neck VS. a classier (yet fitted) button down type shirt and dark jeans?

Now obviously one is going to show off your physique much better. While a long sleeve shirt can fit your body nicely, there's no way it shows off veiny, muscular arms the same way as a tight short sleeve shirt.

HOWEVER..maybe it's just subconscious, but it seems like when i wear very tight shirts that show off muscles...i get a lot more b!tchiness and sh*t tests because they automatically label you a doosh. Keep in mind this is a college type of bar...most people aged 21-25. I almost felt like I had much better success with the button ups because i came off less arrogant

I couldnt find very good pictures...but this first one is similar to the first type of shirt, and the guy in the pic has a similar body to mine, very veiny, defined arms.
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/pict/111007832237_2.jpg

as opposed to a casual button up more like: http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/BonTon/530303?$ibm_large$

or

http://imagecdn-1.findnsave.com/114/5610289-420

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good question. I have a similar body to those pics. I usually wear a tight v-neck or crew neck t. I don't own too many button down shirts that I really like. I have not tried the henley, but might get one to see how I like it. Not sure it really fits my style though.
I'm so green at the bar scene that I really can't tell what effect my method of dress has.

narcissist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wear whatever the fvck pleases YOU.

If a girl isn't in to you because your wearing a different style of fabric then shes retarded

leoman1975

Reaction score
This is SO TRUE!! lol I wear tight v necks all the time and girls think of you as typical jersey shore ******* guy but when I wear button downs short sleeve they don't!! They will talk to you otherwise I get labeled as a guido/*******.. I agree 100% on this lol good topic! I found it works better if your gaming women that are 28-35 Milfs or divorced to wear the tight t shirts but college women the button down works better we just look ****y etc they say sucks!!

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is when i wear a tight shirt, i tend to feel super confident, so i get this douchy swag when i walk around the bar, which girls probably read as "he's an *******". Maybe if i wore the tight shirt and toned down my game a bit, being less aggressive and player-ish. Being just social and friendly but still escalating confidently and sexually.

I do like the henley idea too

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a broad back, big upper body, whatever, dress shirts can show off your physique nicely. Have a classy long sleeved shirt, roll up the sleeves, open another button at the top. If you do have short sleeves, make sure they are not too short. Personally I feel that this is too tight&short around the shoulders&arms.

If you want you can even put it inside your pants, which will emphasize your body A LOT, but have a stylish shirt, like black with stripes or so, so you don't look like an office worker.

wishyo

Don Juan
Reaction score
call me whatever you want, i almost always go for white collared shirts and jeans or just full suit (i pretty much always take the blazer off so girls can check out/assume what type of body I have). Especially with tight slim fit shirts, its pretty easy to show your body off:) Girls can see your back and your ripped chest thru shirt. Same goes for biceps, forearms are even easier as you can pull the sleeves out.
Just shared my preference, I just dont like those tacky outfits..

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea for some reason i underestimate the fact that girls will see your muscular build through the shirt, even if it isn't completely tight fitting. But, similar to a girl in a sexy, sexy tight dress....i feel that nothing shows off your figure as well as something that reveals a lot of skin and fits very tight. But, the downside of that is you come off as a douche (or in the case of the girls, a s!ut)

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gravityeyelids said:
, the downside of that is you come off as a douche (or in the case of the girls, a s!ut)
is this really a downside? girls in clubs like to fvck douches and guys in clubs like to fvck sluts... Not sure I see the prob.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i hit the bars/lounges, I wear Calvin Klein Micro Modal shirts like this one http://i.imgur.com/HAIapdy.jpg in a large. I have both in crew neck and v neck. lets just say it doesnt matter what type of girl it is or where i am, Young college Women, Business type women, Older Milfs etc... They ALL love it and i can usually get a ONS if i try. Fitted shirts are the best if you have the body for it.

BTW, they have in long sleeve as well like this http://i.imgur.com/ZVom1ml.jpg Can look really good with some nice jeans also.

Peterpack

Don Juan
Reaction score
It does depend on the bar or club you are going to. If it's a classy place, you want a nice tight fitting designer dress shirt. If it's a casual bar with young girls, a t shirt is fine

spiegel549

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
gravityeyelids said:
The thing is when i wear a tight shirt, i tend to feel super confident, so i get this douchy swag when i walk around the bar, which girls probably read as "he's an *******". Maybe if i wore the tight shirt and toned down my game a bit, being less aggressive and player-ish. Being just social and friendly but still escalating confidently and sexually.

I do like the henley idea too
I have that slimmer really athletic body like the picture.

I literally only wear V-necks, with dark fitted jeans, and nice boots. I have a full sleeve of tats on my left arm and its ALWAYS a conversation starter and eye catcher.

I don't think the V-Neck is douchie at all. Its about your attitude while wearing whatever it is you wear.

I personally HATE button up shirts. Just not my look.

I am pretty metro so I wear the fitted v-neck, fitted jeans, nice boots, eye brows done, clean shaven/maybe some light scruff, and I have a lot of hair so its styled really nice and long on top with a clean fade on the sides. It looks sharp.

I wear that combo everywhere I go. Bars, clubs, etc. Personally speaking you see so many guys wearing the button up shirts like women give a sh!t about a nice shirt. One of my boys who is really tall and good looking literally wore out a shirt with a picture of his cat on the front and it was an awesome convo starter. He even left with some really hot broad because the woman started a convo with him about who's cat was on his shirt haha.

I say rock the v-neck, and just be smooth, charming, and confident. I like to stand out and be different then the rest, and not blend in.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just go for a well-fitted, good fabric T, you can't go wrong (as long as you have the physique to pull it off). Girls like that shıt, don't think otherwise...they will check you out. I like being comfortable and wear whatever makes me feel like myself. Wear what you think matches your character and whoever doesn't like it can suck a fat one.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spiegel549 said:
I have that slimmer really athletic body like the picture.

I literally only wear V-necks, with dark fitted jeans, and nice boots. I have a full sleeve of tats on my left arm and its ALWAYS a conversation starter and eye catcher.

I don't think the V-Neck is douchie at all. Its about your attitude while wearing whatever it is you wear.

I personally HATE button up shirts. Just not my look.

I am pretty metro so I wear the fitted v-neck, fitted jeans, nice boots, eye brows done, clean shaven/maybe some light scruff, and I have a lot of hair so its styled really nice and long on top with a clean fade on the sides. It looks sharp.

I wear that combo everywhere I go. Bars, clubs, etc. Personally speaking you see so many guys wearing the button up shirts like women give a sh!t about a nice shirt. One of my boys who is really tall and good looking literally wore out a shirt with a picture of his cat on the front and it was an awesome convo starter. He even left with some really hot broad because the woman started a convo with him about who's cat was on his shirt haha.

I say rock the v-neck, and just be smooth, charming, and confident. I like to stand out and be different then the rest, and not blend in.
Yeah I don't think it really matters what you wear but how you act and carry yourself in it. But you know, we care and still want to look good! :whistle:

Were on the same clothing page. V-necks and dark, maybe light depending on the color of the v-neck, colored jeans. The only thing I'm sort of concerned with is my shoes choice. I typically wear Vans and not really sure where to go from there. Any recommendations on what types of shoes? I'm sort of getting tired of Vans.

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frayzer said:
Yeah I don't think it really matters what you wear but how you act and carry yourself in it. But you know, we care and still want to look good! :whistle:

Were on the same clothing page. V-necks and dark, maybe light depending on the color of the v-neck, colored jeans. The only thing I'm sort of concerned with is my shoes choice. I typically wear Vans and not really sure where to go from there. Any recommendations on what types of shoes? I'm sort of getting tired of Vans.

Boots: Viberg or Alden (if you have money). Lower end boots, wolverine, Allen Edmonds, or Iron Ranger

Sneakers: MMM GATS, Common Projects, or SLP

Really, it's not worth buying the mid tier stuff IMO. Vans is fine if you don't want to drop a lot of cash.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On topic,

It really doesn't matter. I've pulled in suits, I've pulled in scruffy jeans and t-shirt. In fact I have more success in jeans and a t-shirt, because that's what I almost always wear. Women in general don't give a flying f*ck what you're wearing, all they want is to be entertained. Sure, some high and mighty birds will judge you instantly if you're not wearing the right label or whatever, but I find they are the most difficult to talk to anyway because of their vacuous superficial outlook. They have nothing of any particular substance to say.

Fashion is for women, leave it to them. They are not typically visual creatures; they will remember more of what you said than what you were wearing. Wear something that you are comfortable in; the comfort and ease that you portray are far more important than some superficial label.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
applegoo said:
Boots: Viberg or Alden (if you have money). Lower end boots, wolverine, Allen Edmonds, or Iron Ranger

Sneakers: MMM GATS, Common Projects, or SLP

Really, it's not worth buying the mid tier stuff IMO. Vans is fine if you don't want to drop a lot of cash.

Holy shıtballs those fückers are expensive! Damn, yo!

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Just go naked. B*tches love that sh*t.