Language barrier situations?

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What are good methods for picking up in situations where there is a language barrier? I'm mainly interested in situations outside nightlife environments.

HarlequinMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Christ man thats hard....do you have some kind of fetish? or just like a challenge?

Personally, girls who barely speak english are really easy to talk to (imo usually more submissive) however, showing them your intention would probably require more kino escalation than normal

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HarlequinMan said:
Christ man thats hard....do you have some kind of fetish? or just like a challenge?
Neither/nor, really. I may be doing some traveling in the near future, though, and I was hoping that someone around here would know about these sorts of things.
(I did once find myself in that sort of situation before too, and I was pretty powerless to do anything.)

HarlequinMan said:
Personally, girls who barely speak english are really easy to talk to (imo usually more submissive) however, showing them your intention would probably require more kino escalation than normal
Well, that's what I'm wondering; how are they easy to talk to? Or is it the case that talking isn't the way here given the language situation? Or...?

Sir Shinra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's some things that have helped me:

1) Carry a dictionary of your target language. You might think the girl will get impatient as you stand there flipping through pages (or pressing buttons if its an electronic dictionary), but she will wait for you if she's interested.

2) Even better... carry a begginer's level textbook of the target language. It will really spark her interest that you are trying to learn her language... she may even respect you for it. Even if you never study at all, how's she gonna know?

3) Become fluent in body language, which you should be doing anyway. Make sure to use hand motions, kino(maybe... I get mixed results with this if I can't get her laughing first) and lots of...

4)EYE CONTACT! I have approached girls who have almost no English ability at all, but closed easily because the eye contact was so intense, the interest was obvious to both parties. Just be sure to call and set the date soon, because these type of women tend to flake if you don't capitalize while the interest level is high.

5)When it comes time to number close, just say nonchalantly, "put your number in here," and flip/slide open your phone and hand it to them. They'll know what to do. If they giggle and prance around in surprise/disbelief, don't let up. Just look at them, smile, and hold your ground.

I'm still learning this stuff as you are (see my location). If you're thinking of heading to Asia, we have much to discuss.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn sign language fast. It is universal.

pete101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i had this problem today, i had to cancel cos im ill but cos we cannot communicate i did not understand her text back to me which actually was 'i cannot come'

so im the 1 who originally cancelled but she did not understand and i had to go via her friend to translate on the phone, i DLV'd myself by calling my date after she sent that text but i did not know at the time that it meant she couldn't make it and im starting the cycle of looking like a pest.

im a bit annoyed cos it's like i've lost power struggle cos i was the actual 1 who cancelled 1st not her, yet next time i see her she'll think i;m being a pest, i guess in my situation i should say hi but ignore her?

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sir Shinra said:
Here's some things that have helped me:

1) Carry a dictionary of your target language. You might think the girl will get impatient as you stand there flipping through pages (or pressing buttons if its an electronic dictionary), but she will wait for you if she's interested.

2) Even better... carry a begginer's level textbook of the target language. It will really spark her interest that you are trying to learn her language... she may even respect you for it. Even if you never study at all, how's she gonna know?

3) Become fluent in body language, which you should be doing anyway. Make sure to use hand motions, kino(maybe... I get mixed results with this if I can't get her laughing first) and lots of...

4)EYE CONTACT! I have approached girls who have almost no English ability at all, but closed easily because the eye contact was so intense, the interest was obvious to both parties. Just be sure to call and set the date soon, because these type of women tend to flake if you don't capitalize while the interest level is high.

5)When it comes time to number close, just say nonchalantly, "put your number in here," and flip/slide open your phone and hand it to them. They'll know what to do. If they giggle and prance around in surprise/disbelief, don't let up. Just look at them, smile, and hold your ground.

I'm still learning this stuff as you are (see my location). If you're thinking of heading to Asia, we have much to discuss.
Thanks! The other situation where I was left powerless was when I was in Asia at the time, though in the future it's not really certain just where I'll end up (it probably won't be in Asia this time around).

You mentioned body language being ineffective if she wasn't laughing; how would one get her laughing in that sort of situation? (I know, if this was any other sort of situation the answer would be stupidly obvious ["Humor. Make a joke about something. Duh."].)

Best of luck out in Korea.

Amoka said:
Learn sign language fast. It is universal.
Do the research. It isn't.

thatsexytaiwanguy

Reaction score
lol funny post cause i cant communicute with other fobs because they speak chinese so much better

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thatsexytaiwanguy said:
lol funny post cause i cant communicute with other fobs because they speak chinese so much better
What did you do in your case then? (I probably won't be in China or in Asia in general myself, but I'd be curious how you worked things out.)