L.A. club, what did I do wrong???

ca1976

Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to a club last Friday night. This Korean chic was giving me the eye, so I went and danced with her. She was telling me how cute I was how she loved my smile and all. So we danced for probably the next hour, real bump and grind type of stuff, she was loving it. The only reason we stopped is because the club was about to close. So we then started making out for a couple minutes. She said I have to go, I took out my phone, and let her punch her number in. And that was that.

So the next night evening, I call her, she doesn't pick up, I leave a message saying "Hi, this is Chris, we met last night at the club, I'm calling to say hi and see what you're doing, here's my number, gimme a call". Done. She doesn't call back. So I think maybe she's just shy about calling back, I know it can be a nervous experience talking to someone on phone the first time. So the next day, I send her a text message saying hi and asking if she got my message. I get nothing back. That was Sunday. So I decide I'll give it a couple days, if I hear nothing back, I'll try one more time. I called her number, and left a message on her voice mail, just quick and polite, "Hi this is Chris, I tried getting in touch with you over the weekend but couldn't reach you, I was calling to say hi and see how you're doing, gimme a call back." It's been a few hours and haven't heard back. So that's the 3rd strike for me.

So I'm asking all you DJs and aspiring DJs do you have frequent experiences like this? I mean this girl had the f**king hots for me at this club, we made out, I never said any stupid to her. And she just doesn't call me back. Ridiculous! I don't know what else I could've done different, maybe I just got an extremely flakey woman here. How often do y'all experience this?

griffon65

Don Juan
Reaction score
She seems like a girl who was jsut out for fun nothing more. She didnt want to talk to you after that night, simple as that. It doesnt mean she didnt think you were attractive, it just means shes not looking for anything. Dont worry about it, happens to all of us. The only mistake you made was contacting her three times. That was pretty AFC. Next time jsut call once leave a message and forget about it.

BxPrince24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you called her too soon. I think you shoulda waited about 3 days or so before calling her. And you called/texted her too much. If you left a message once and she didn't call you back then forget it. It made you look needy. Remember that a DJ doens't sit around worrying about girls they're usually too busy or out doing fun things. So go out, have a blast and forget about her, you might have blown it but hell who cares and she might call back. don't worry about it.

Alphathree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"So the next day, I send her a text message saying hi and asking if she got my message."

Game over, sorry. Move on.

ca1976

Don Juan
Reaction score
So you guys have a 1 message rule? I always thought 2 messages would be the max because to be honest god knows how many times people tell me they left me a message and yet there's nothing on my answering machine.

Btw, I didn't wany any serious pursuit of this girl, I just thought she'd be an easy **** if I could get her out on a date. But figured I'd better call before she forgets who I was. Seems like if she wanted nothing more she'd have just punched in a fake number.

I'm not bummed out or anything, just trying to minimize any future mistakes so I can get more girls in the sack. :)

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Suggestion..

I get flaked alot too on the number game, so maybe I am not the best person for advice. I'd try this next time:

1. Call Private. Do NOT follow up with a call from your real number or she'll know it's you. Not the next night either, that's too obvious unless there is some reason to believe she has *extreme* interest level.

2. Call Private at a different time.

3. Call regular, again, not on the same day as either Private call.

4. Finally, just leave a message as she obviously isn't interested or available. Make sure you leave yer # in case her cell was off. I like the whole "I was talking to so-so and he/she said you..."click as though the voice mail cut you off. It hasn't really worked very well for me, but it's cooler than sounding desperate :)

Alphathree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ca1976
So you guys have a 1 message rule? I always thought 2 messages would be the max because to be honest god knows how many times people tell me they left me a message and yet there's nothing on my answering machine.

Btw, I didn't wany any serious pursuit of this girl, I just thought she'd be an easy **** if I could get her out on a date. But figured I'd better call before she forgets who I was. Seems like if she wanted nothing more she'd have just punched in a fake number.

I'm not bummed out or anything, just trying to minimize any future mistakes so I can get more girls in the sack. :)
Dude, stop with the logical rationalizing bullsh~t.

You called her way too many times. There's no rule. The rule is don't be a dumbarse.

I can leave two messages because I know how. If you think you can leave like five AFC messages, I'm not going to trust you to know how to leave two messages correctly, or even one. So for you, a one message rule.

You are communicating low status by calling too often!

I think I'm just going to write a general response to half the threads here and copy and paste it:

"By <giving/calling/trying> too <much/often/hard> you are communicating LOW STATUS."

ca1976

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: My Suggestion..

4. Finally, just leave a message as she obviously isn't interested or available. Make sure you leave yer # in case her cell was off. I like the whole "I was talking to so-so and he/she said you..."click as though the voice mail cut you off. It hasn't really worked very well for me, but it's cooler than sounding desperate :) [/B]
Doesn't that come from David DeAngelo? Probably not a technique I'd use myself but if anyone has used it and had it work, I'd love to hear to story.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure...

I'm not sure where I heard that anymore. I stole it from someone :) It has actually not worked very well for me at all. I still think it's better than a general msg, though.

AsianPlayboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounded like you had absolutely NO comfort, trust and rapport. It was based purely on physical attraction. Nothing wrong with that, but you should have closed the deal right then and there.

Otherwise, you needed to log in some rapport time.

Chicks have cognitive dissonance when they think of what they did last night. Sure they had a great time, sure they made out with a cute guy, but then they start emotionally distancing themselves from the event, coming up excuses in order not to seem like a slut. Standard ASD.

Either **** her that night if you're not going to book some comfort time, or else play some solid, long term game and get her to trust you and talk with you.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by AsianPlayboy
It sounded like you had absolutely NO comfort, trust and rapport. It was based purely on physical attraction. Nothing wrong with that, but you should have closed the deal right then and there.

Otherwise, you needed to log in some rapport time.

Chicks have cognitive dissonance when they think of what they did last night. Sure they had a great time, sure they made out with a cute guy, but then they start emotionally distancing themselves from the event, coming up excuses in order not to seem like a slut. Standard ASD.

Either **** her that night if you're not going to book some comfort time, or else play some solid, long term game and get her to trust you and talk with you.
This guy nailed it.

And for future reference dont be calling the next day, dont be leaving messages on answering machines and dont be sending texts , all balls are in her court otherwise.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . )
And for future reference dont be calling the next day, dont be leaving messages on answering machines and dont be sending texts , all balls are in her court otherwise.

i agree 100%

text message = evil

answering machine = evil

calling her every 5 minutes cause she didn't pick up = turn off

let me tell you something about women

I HAVE SEEN CHICKS FALL ALSEEP WITH THEIR CELL PHONE IN THEIR HANDS

a womans mobile/cell phone is never more than 23.7cms from her

EVER

and that includes when her friend is talking on it

cause he head will be up against her friends head listening

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN ????????????

all you Don Juans who call back and leave message after message cause you think she must not have got your call

or she is not answering because her grandmother is sick

REALISE SHE HEARS THE PHONE RING

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

Quote: PuertoRican_Lover
“ You guys wont eat off of a spoon at a restaurant because it has a speckle of dust on it but you readily indulge in that which is covered infinitely worse in germs, disease, and sperm!!! Quit eating pvssy!!!! “

rockstar88

Don Juan
Reaction score
the worst place to live when you reall want to be
as someone who has worked in nightclubs for the last 4 years let me tell you all straight up. nightclubs are not the place to meet women. dont even take their numbers it is pointless most of the time girls that come to nichtclubs are girls that are in relationships and are just out with there girlfriends for a nite of fun. secondly they are drunk and feeling the atmosphere of the club so of course there going to make out with you grind with you whatever. if you dont leave the club with that girl and f uck her that nite it aint going to happen cause sunday mornen she's going wake up hung over and not rember what happend anyway. shell get a phone call from you and be like chris who the **** was that. and you know who's going home with the girls that are at nightclubs at the end of the nite. either there boyfriends, husbands, or me and the other employess of the club.

you really want to **** a girl from a club. work in one other than that it is just a nite of **** teasing drunk dancing