Kind of a lame topic, but does one ever truly get over a one-itis?

Adakkon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dated a girl senior year of highschool for a year, gorgeous girl, first girl I ever had sex with, first girl I ever thought I loved, first girl to truly stomp the **** out of my heart, ect.

Found the don jaun kind of mindset after her. I've had sex with 4 girls since her, dated so many I can't remember a few of their names. Longest one only lasted around 2 months though, counting the "courtship" kind of phase.

2 years later I'm halfway through college, partying every weekend, last weekend I got invited by 3 different girls in the same sorority to the same date party.

Not trying to brag, just saying I feel like I've got a much better life now and I feel like I'm moving forward and constantly improving myself and my love life.

Yet 2 days ago I walked by a girl on campus that was the spitting image of her and I haven't slept more then a few hours since. Can't stop thinking about her all over again like it ended yesterday. I even went so far as to look her up on Myspace, thinking about messaging her just to ask her how her lifes been going but I know thats a sad and pathetic thing to do. Every month or so something reminds me of her briefly, but that was just a kicker I guess.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
What is the question?
In the topic line genius.

No you probably don't get over it EVER completely.

Just kidding.

You always have a choice bro. Choose to forget and move on, which YOU ARE DOING/HAVE DONE.

It's normal to think back and reminisce, but just enjoy those thoughts and move on wtih your life. If a relative passed away, you'd sometimes randomly do somethign that reminded you of them...is that AFC? No man, just let that thought linger for a moment and move on. If you OBSESS about it...then there's a problem. But we all have these moments bro. STAY STRONG

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time and perspective are your friends...

(the answer is "yes")

Jaxon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dunno man, it's a tough question. I think you get over them to the point where you can move on 100% and are completely happy without her, but at the same time I think you'll always have a weak spot for her. Imo the best thing to do is completely forget about it and move on. If you had it that bad for this chick it could take a couple more years to really get past her.

Not to sound like a sentimental vag or anything, but I kind of look at it as having a scar. It heals and you move on but it still leaves a mark.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
every girl you hook up with is different but there's always gonna be that one which you "click" more and have a better chemistry.
Until you find a girl that's gonna fill up the gaps your ex left you'll most likely take a long time to stop missing that fulfillment your ex gave you.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-

There's a scene in Citizen Kane, in which this old dude is talking about a woman he saw as a young man. He says something like: "There hasn't been a month go by since that I haven't thought of her." It was a decades-long thing that never went away for him.

Some of them just stick in our minds.

You might never REALLY get "over" her, but that's ok.

I still occasionally have thoughts of longing for my ex-wife (and our marriage was a JOKE) - I'd NEVER want her back in reality, but sometimes I miss what I'd THOUGHT we had. I sometimes miss the illusory wonderful relationship that never really was. But it doesn't mean I really WANT her back.

This is hard to explain.

Trudge on, man. It gets better.

-
-
-

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's definately a tough question

a worst case scenario would be 4 and a half years later, still thinking about her to this day... i mean i've been dating and slept with some women who my friends thought were beautiful...but i still can't seem to find one like it, or better in my standards.

too bad the cellphones battery broke, if only i can find that cellphone number again! no wait... i should just move on so they say....

im glad the b1tch is gone.

IsiMan84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It becomes a lot easier to get over them when you realize there's plenty of girls at college that look way better. After my 5 years of college I've questioned my judgement as a high schooler and any of the girls I'd obsessed over, because none of them really looked all that great in comparison. Then there's the ones that put on a keg's worth of weight after high school and it's even easier haha.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No you will never get over it.

Just keep in mind, neither do girls get over it either.

Not saying you were her oneitis, but whoever she has wanted, she'll want again as long as she lives.

NickSCFC2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll get over your last one-itis when you meet your next one-itis.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more I find out about my oneitus, the more I justify seeing, and possibly marrying, another girl or girls I know right now. Then again, my oneitus is sooo ambiguous that I can't box her in just yet. That's what makes the oneitus continue. It's all her fault and powers of her seductress ways that keep me from figuring her out. She says she loves God, but yet she drinks, curses, possibly fvcks her best girlfriend/roommate. She's a total tease, flirts with other guys, has many guy friends (one a police officer) could possibly cause me harm if I piss her off, and on and on and on. Hell she could just make up sh1t, and some guy would come runnin' trying to cause me trouble. Soooo many girls (I wouldn't call them women even though they're 27 going on 28) just brag about going to London, Paris, Italy, etc etc. and always maintain that aura as if they've got no problems (i.e. money) in the world because they always know that their daddy, or some other dude willing to be their daddy with give them a free ride, if they just continue their extortive sexual push n' pull ways. This is how they do it. Girls have sooo many girlfriends, they don't need you, I guess.

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you do get over it if you meet more girls... I had a oneitis 3 years ago and now I think shes an ugly midget b!tch wh0re.
:)

NickSCFC2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So go after the girls who aren't like this. Christ it's not rocket science.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, you never truly 100% get over a girl.

Heck I remember the names of every girl I've had oneitis for.

Grades 6-12
Jessica
Hannah
Melissa
Nicole
Melissa (Different one)
Justine

Three at my old work
Rocio
Dominique
Cherice (she went after me, made out with her, fat girl though...)

At college
Haylee
C (current "oneitis")
S (current "oneitis")
M (current "oneitis")

Grand Wizzard Alamar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Nope, you never truly 100% get over a girl.

Heck I remember the names of every girl I've had oneitis for.

Grades 6-12
Jessica
Hannah
Melissa
Nicole
Melissa (Different one)
Justine

Three at my old work
Rocio
Dominique
Cherice (she went after me, made out with her, fat girl though...)

At college
Haylee
C (current "oneitis")
S (current "oneitis")
M (current "oneitis")
Well... at least you have a threeitis now. :D

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
here's a little halfas$ed poem i wrote when i was a teenager with oneitis...
they say that time heals all wounds..
i wish that time would heal me soon..

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are my oneitises of past present:

Pre-School
Cindy
2nd
Allison (rich n' cute)
3rd-4th
Ashley (rich n' cute)
7th-9th
Allison (same as before, still cute, but getting fat as her sisters)
Fast-forward
28-present
Eve (under her spell)
Ariel (just met, she's young and not quite oneitis)
Kasey (could easily be under her spell if around her more)
Tammy (not really I'm not obsessed with this one, yet, but she's definitely marry material)

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only remember one of them and that is because it lasted four years and I was sent to sosuave because of her. Her name is Tina S. and yes, I am over her.

I thank her for what she did to me and what it made me do, which was find this website.

comic_relief