Karate Instructor challenges Royler Gracie (Fight Clip)

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The following clip is a no rules fight featuring a Karate instructor who challenged Jiu Jitsu BlackBelt Royler Gracie to a fight. The Karate instructor claimed he had a street lethal system and here you see the end result.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=naWEbPDz80w

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh. It's good that the bullshido is finally getting put into the limelight. Whenever I hear some meathead say something like,
"Man...I was at a bar, and these guys wanted to **** with me! Dumbasses didn't know that I know TAE KWON DO!!!"

I silently laugh to myself, at how uninformed and misled this individual has become.
Here's to REAL fighitng: MMA/NHB/Vale Tudo => Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Muy-Thai.

BTW, for all you that are interested in uncovering frauds, and freaks in the martial arts world: go to www.bullshido.com

(nishbuk, BJJ Blue belt. :p)

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wouldn't military training be the best teacher for pure results? I mean, most soldiers (especially in 3rd world countries) have plenty of experience in killing people, so they'd probably be better at it than some martial arts master.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomatic_lies said:
Wouldn't military training be the best teacher for pure results? I mean, most soldiers (especially in 3rd world countries) have plenty of experience in killing people, so they'd probably be better at it than some martial arts master.
These fights all appear on the Gracies In Action DVD series. During the 90's the Gracies offered 100,000 US to anyone who could defeat a Gracie in a no rules fight. Hundreds of these fights were videotaped featuring different Gracies. Fighters from around the world were welcome to try and the Gracies never lost a single fight.

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I only have 56K... so, let us know the results!!! Who won?

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
diplomatic_lies said:
Yeh - killing people with guns, knives or bayonets.

About the karate guy, the only reason he lost is cause he lacks the anti-grapple. Which i alone know and will cost you a measly 5 payments of 29.99 to learn.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By "no rules fighting", does it mean you can jump your opponent in the middle of a dark alley, snipe at him with a rifle, or poison his food?

If these "Gracies" are so desperate to find good fighters, they should go to a 3rd world country. Many people there are willing to die for $10, much less $100K. Mr Gracie will be jumped by bandits before he steps off the plane :D

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
some guy tried to grapple me and he did take me down during a fight,but i reached into his pants and grabbed his nuts and squeezed as hard as i could..he submited..we are now dating
:)

that brazillian ju-jitsu is simply amazing, i know a few fighters that are really into the $hit, i think i may get into that-who knows..i heard it's a small mans
advantage also and you don't have to be king kong to make it highly effective.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
organizedconfusion said:
some guy tried to grapple me and he did take me down during a fight,but i reached into his pants and grabbed his nuts and squeezed as hard as i could..he submited..we are now dating
:)

that brazillian ju-jitsu is simply amazing, i know a few fighters that are really into the $hit, i think i may get into that-who knows..i heard it's a small mans
advantage also and you don't have to be king kong to make it highly effective.
If you decided to do it, dont expect to become great or even adequate in a short while. I found it had a much tougher learning curve than most standup styles (only did it for 6 months).

Oh and dont make any gay jokes during class if you value walking ;).

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant wait for the Gracie fight vs Matt Hughes.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chillisauce said:
If you decided to do it, dont expect to become great or even adequate in a short while. I found it had a much tougher learning curve than most standup styles (only did it for 6 months).

Oh and dont make any gay jokes during class if you value walking ;):moon: .

a good two years??

just for the record, Ken Shamrock beat royce gracie during a rematch
didn't he? i can't remember...he was a grappler/striker also?

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiftkey said:
Chuck Norris would beat any Gracie with a single round house kick.

BJJ was originally named CNJ(Chuck Norris Jiustsu). He taught it to the entire Gracie family. Shortly thereafter he roundhouse kicked them all in the head, leaving them with amnesia. They totally forgot how they learned the techniques and erroneously attributed their skills to their own awesomeness.

Soupar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chuck Norris jokes are getting a bit old now...

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
the best system of fighting should incorporated all ranges- striking, grappling, dirty fighting, and weapons.

My ideal is muay thai, BJJ, WWII Combatives, and a killer attitude. BJJ is great for so-called NHB matches, but who would want to grapple on the ground during a street fight or w/ more than 1 guy??? Can you say stomp?

Strike first and keep on striking. Kenpo guy sucks

tipsy_619

Don Juan
Reaction score
SELF-MASTERY said:
the best system of fighting should incorporated all ranges- striking, grappling, dirty fighting, and weapons.

You must talking about Jeet Kune Do
Its been done!
BJJ is fruity
Did u guys seek jackass where they fought bjj students
They basically lie on there back with there legs spread eagle n wait for u to wrestle wit em
Sure it works against other bjj students but how about a big sob who wont let u get close to him

killbill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
that dude with the blue shirt is just a pvusyy. hes not even trying,if he is wow.