just looking for friends

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robert28 said:
thanks for the replies so far. i have an update with some more info she told me tonight. this is in an email she sent me on facebook btw. i havent replied to her yet so any suggestions as to what i should say are welcomed.

"most guys want to date me because they like the challenge of trying to change my mind, but it won't happen. first of all, i'm moving in a year for school. second, i already have a manboy. not a boyfriend, but a guy that does boyfriend stuff if i need it done. he's like my best friend and totally awesome, but i like to do my own thing with my own people and i can't stand seeing the same people all the time, haha. no, he's not jealous and not breaking anyone's legs- before you ask. i am single and do what i want. i am just choosing not to replace my #1 manboy at this time."

my questions to you are wtf is a "manboy"? is that a new word for f**k buddy?haha i love how she gave me a list talking about "first of all, second of all" and all i said was "so what's your reasoning for just looking for friends? don't you have any?haha" so yeah, help me have fun with this. i love how she thinks i was going to ask "oh dear God will your manboy break my legs for being your friend?!"haha:crackup: classic sh*t right there.
Hm. It sounds to me like she's dated a lot of players and has now learned that behavior from them.

Here's what you need to do. STOP allowing HER to set the "ground rules" as far as what kind of relationship the two of you are going to have. YOU'RE the one that needs to be wearing the pants in this friendship. Not her. If that requires you to lovingly put your foot down. So be it. Here's what my response would be to her message:

(woman's name),

I understand if you do not want a relationship with a guy, however, I don't think it is necessary for you to constantly tell me I have no chance with you. I'm not into you that way. I say this with love: things would be a lot more comfortable for me if you stop looking for every oppurtunity to feed your ego at my expense. I wasn't impressed either with the story about your "manboy". I actually found it degrading. At any rate, you not wanting to date me certainly isn't something I will lose any sleep over so if we're going to be friends, this behavior is going to have to stop.

With kind regards,
Robert