Just been diagnosed with Asperger's

Colin O'Brien

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxwell:

As someone who has aspergers himself, I want to tell you not to worry at all. I have aspergers and that accounted a great deal for any social awkwardness or lack of social acuity that used to exist for the vast majority of my young life. Yet, with the help of this site and RSD I have become very successful with women. The old "im bad at this maybe I have aspergers" is a ****ing joke. Our minds work in a different way.

Here's the interesting thing about us: we grow up with a supposed lack of social skills and ability to read social cues, and yet the thing that sets us apart intellectually is our unique ability to truly absorb any knowledge about any subject that interests us like an intellectual sponge. It really only takes someone else who has aspergers to truly understand the way our mind functions when we are interested in a subject.. if the subject is something we are genuinely, truly interested in, we take in literally EVERY piece of detail to a HUGE extent ridiculously, absurdly fast, and it stays with us for a long time. I remember back in like elementary school I became very interested in birds. I swear I memorized the entire ****ing North American Field Guide to Birds with no effort at all, and I still remember half that **** after all these years. We have normal learning skills with other topics, just like someone who doesn't have aspergers would have, there is no deficiency whatsoever. But for stuff that hits a certain interest level there's absolutely no stopping us from learning everything possible about it.

So, how can we use this ability to our advantage when it comes to being successful with women? Maybe make this seduction stuff something we are genuinely interested in to the point where we absorb the knowledge like a sponge, in our own unique way just like I did with the birds in 5th grade. How do I know you're interested in seduction to the point that it will become an asperger's-fuled mega interest? You're here right? You like women? Problem solved.. trust me you want this on a biological level, just focus on learning as much as you can with NO NEGATIVE THOUGHTS whatsoever and you'll start picking this **** up insanely fast.

Also we have an ability to become better at an action just by watching someone highly skilled do it. I swear just watching my friend play piano is equivalent to a lesson. We pick up on things easily, and I guarantee you'll notice this if you look back on your life with your newfound diagnosis in mind. We are great thinkers, and we have subconsciously picked up social cues in our life. The only thing that seperates us from non-aspies is that these two elements haven't "clicked" in our mind from birth, and they must be trained to fuse together. One thing that IMMENSELY helped me was watching the RSD videos, like Blueprint Decoded, and just reading tons of the articles from sosuave.com. If we have the right mindset we can pick up on these kinds of things even faster than non-aspies can.

Its not at all an issue of whether or not someone with aspergers be successful with women. The issue is that we function mentally differently from the others, therefore we must learn these techniques differently than the other people here. We learn easily from reading and watching. Bottom line: don't worry about it, read a lot of the sosuave.com articles and watch those ****ing RSD videos. Go on mininova or something and find them. If I were you I'd pick up a book on body language and social cues and read it. We have a unique mind.. use it to your advantage instead of dwelling on the negatives. The awesome thing is that once you reach a point in studying all of this stuff, the perceived negatives will vanish as you gradually pick up on social cues from articles, videos, books, and the people around you, leaving only the mental benefits of aspergers in its place. Its just important to be sure to watch people. It'll always be with you as it will be with me, but I swear *no one* could ever guess that I have it, and the only people who I've told I have it were amazed. Technically there is no cure for aspergers, but what I'm saying is that since we pick up on stuff so well its completely possible to erase the negative social aspects of aspergers. Hell right now as I write this I'm even proud that I have it.. that crazy mental sh*t aint that bad eh?

Good luck my friend!

also maxwell do you play an instrument by chance?

also to people who diagnose themselves with aspergers cause they're socially awkward and don't want to take responsibility (and thus go ahead and diagnose themselves with aspergers)... no. just no. who cares what you were, go out and be who are are.

Tekniq

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure about that, but i have ADD, which i feel is a lot worse because the people who get diagnosed with aspergers usually dont have it, because those that actually do are autistic... somehow i doubt you are.

Reaction score
Colin O'Brien said:
Here's the interesting thing about us: we grow up with a supposed lack of social skills and ability to read social cues, and yet the thing that sets us apart intellectually is our unique ability to truly absorb any knowledge about any subject that interests us like an intellectual sponge. It really only takes someone else who has aspergers to truly understand the way our mind functions when we are interested in a subject.. if the subject is something we are genuinely, truly interested in, we take in literally EVERY piece of detail to a HUGE extent ridiculously, absurdly fast, and it stays with us for a long time. I remember back in like elementary school I became very interested in birds. I swear I memorized the entire ****ing North American Field Guide to Birds with no effort at all, and I still remember half that **** after all these years. We have normal learning skills with other topics, just like someone who doesn't have aspergers would have, there is no deficiency whatsoever. But for stuff that hits a certain interest level there's absolutely no stopping us from learning everything possible about it.
That's very true what you said about showing extremely deep devotion and interest in certain subjects we choose to be interested in. For me, it was astronomy. I was obsessed with it and studied things concerning astronomy back in elementary school that not many my age back then would care to know about (like the name of the galaxies, the stars, etc). I even have an obsession with Greek/Roman Mythology and also religion. I can list you the name of every god and goddess in Greek Mythology (and their counterparts in Roman Mythology) off by heart. I even know every story and myth from the ancient Greeks and Romans. As for religion, even worse. I know the belief system of almost every religion out there and always do research on new religions that keep popping up.

I also remember I had every capital city in the world memorized when I was a kid just because I found it fun to memorize them! I also memorized a whole storybook that I used to read every day ... just because it was fun to do.

But one thing I differ from you is that I happen to have deficiencies in learning about topics I'm not interested in. For example, business and politics are two topics I have limited knowledge on (my level of knowledge in these topics is the same as that of a 5 year old child). I try sometimes to force myself to study more and educate myself more on such topics but I just don't care or show any interest because to me they're very boring.

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way, don't take pills if they perscribe them. I had tics and was stressed out so I was on Prozac and Abilify. Came off of both a year later and the problems only went away when I made them.

Not that medication isn't needed for tics, but often times it can be controlled.

Maxwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the great post Colin. :)

No, I don't play an instrument, I'm too physically clumsy, and my only interest in music is listening to it.

Mandiblard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxwell said:
Thanks for the great post Colin. :)

No, I don't play an instrument, I'm too physically clumsy, and my only interest in music is listening to it.
You know what, i've been reading this thread thinking about it, but it's this post that actually convinced me that it's all in your head. "Too physically clumsy"? Maybe because you don't ATTEMPT to do things and just say "I can't do it", you're just underdeveloped, that's a pathetic excuse. Same with Aspergers, it's just a barrier put up to make you more comfortable with laziness, just as those completely random "tests" were conducted to make it seem "official". A complete joke, but i'm not blaming Aspergers, some people will find excuses anywhere, as demonstrated by you. It's a whole mindset issue. If you're happy then fine, this is just my two cents.

Just remember you're still a man and can improve anything you like.