Just an FTF or Potential Girlfriend?

montybrown

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do I tell if the girl that I'm messing with is just an FTF or a potential girlfriend? We both do things bf/gf would do like hold hands, hug, kiss, etc. We just had sex last night. But she refers to me as just a friend. I know she talks to other guys too and I always joke with her like she does the same **** with them and she reconfirms with me that she isn't like that and when I told her something about how all the other guys she talks too she says "I've been with you all the time don't I spend more time with you?" something like that to try to reconfirm me that I'm above the rest. But how do I know if we're just in the friends zone and we fvcking or if she really wants to be my girlfriend?

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just enjoy the time with her. Don't worry about whether she wants to be your "gf" or not. See other chicks, just like she sees other guys. Don't get all hung up. Have fun. Be cool.

This is an OPTIMAL situation. Appreciate it.

There's a story about a bird flying through a blizzard. He freezes and falls, landing in a field. A cow walks by and sh*ts right on top of him. He thaws out from the warmth of the manure, and is saved. He becomes so happy he begins to sing. A cat hears him singing and comes over and eats him up.

MORALS:

1. Everyone who sh*ts on you is not necessarily your enemy.

2. Everyone who gets you out of sh*t is not necessarily your friend.

3. If you are warm and happy in a pile of sh*t, then KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.

You, my friend, need to heed the third moral. Have fun. Don't get "exclusive." Don't hassle the girl about it at ALL. And get one or two more going. (She probably already does this - and that's ok.)

Lexie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't try to figure it out, ask her. Guys spend too much time analyzing things...cut to the chase and be straight forward.

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like she's doing to you exactly what we teach guys to do in the early dating stages to girls they are interested in. Not really a bad thing at all. Just don't overanalyse, don't get onitis, don't get clingy, don't push things further and just have fun and enjoy yourself.

yogy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in the same situation :woo: , but it's going on like this for about 2-3 months.I was thinking breaking up with her but now after reading your replys I think I'll keep her :D

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
lol @ aliasguy... my mom used to tell me that analogy all the time as a kid.

But yeah, as some of the other guys said, don't worry about it. You almost sound like a woman griping about lack of commitment. Why are you so ready to give up your freedom?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
montybrown said:
How do I tell if the girl that I'm messing with is just an FTF or a potential girlfriend? We both do things bf/gf would do like hold hands, hug, kiss, etc. We just had sex last night.
Until you define what you want in a LTR, you'll never know. Guy's typically never define things beyond wanting to have sex with a woman. Sex alone is not enough of an identifier because you could have sex with a friend, a f-buddy, a ONS, an acquaintance or even someone else's GF. Until you define those unique things that you want specifically in a relationship, you'll never know if you're with a woman worth leading down that path.