• Judo

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I vote bjj since I've never encountered experienced judo in a street fight.

Are there any vids of mma fighters using judo?

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both are awesome, but I bet pple will underestimate judo. In a street fight on hard concrete, keeping the balance, staying on top, and slamming em into the ground is pretty effective.

I do both martial arts and its really hard for me to recommend one over the other. It really depends on the school. Both Judo and BJJ schools should be teaching both ground fighting and takedowns.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For stand up IMHO Judo is the better addition to my game.

MMA Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I go BJJ. Judo is more of a throwing sport which definetly is effective, but in BJJ i have learnt both throws and submissions making it more effective. I have had MMA fights with competitors who have a strong judo discipline, and even though they've taken me to the ground successfully heaps of times, once there I dominate using ground and pound and submission

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would say BJJ but only if you have good standup

Kerpal, everybody however wears clothes in real life, so the grips and the rest of the gi game translates pretty damn well (especially now that longer sleeves are in use with the colder weather)

Bonez, check out vids of Karo Parysian on youtube, he does some sick throws without using a gi

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dabbled in BJJ for a while and can say that during our MMA competitions, our dojo always came out on top over most other single-form martial arts dojos.

Then again, it could just be that we were trained better.