Jophil. Must read especially for Master DJ's.

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been friends with Jophil for quite some time. We talked alot. He was even thinking of coming to see me this summer. I was contemplating the same.

I received a letter yesterday from his woman which informed me that he passed away 5/21/11. He had renal cancer for 11 yrs and lost a kidney. His cancer returned several weeks ago and spread literally eveywhere. He succumbed to it.

Not only a Master Don Juan, but a Master Human Being. I'll miss him. Raised a glass of Scotch in his honor last night.

When I am gone, release me, let me go. I have so many things to see and do. You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears, be happy we had so many years.
I gave you my love, you can only guess how much. You gave me happiness. I thank you for the love each of you has shown. But now it's time I travel alone.
So grieve for awhile if grieve you must. Then let your grief be comforted by trust. It's only for awhile that we must part. So bless the memories within you heart.
I won't be far away for life goes on. So if you need me, call me and I will come. Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near. If you listen with your heart, you'll hear all my love around you, soft and clear.
And then when you must come this way alone, I'll greet you with a smile and say, "welcome home".

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh no :(

I called him Uncle Jophil, he was like a mentor to me, although we've never met other than exchanging messages through this forum. He's that cool alpha uncle every young man wishes he had. I was going to go up to his city this year for a holiday and pay him a visit. I wish I had done it sooner.

Cheers for everything, Uncle Jophil. Will always cherish your advices and wisdom.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
The lesson we should all take from Brother JoPhil's passing is we cannot afford to waste one second.

I know JoPhil is running and playing with dogs somewhere else.

Peace Brother.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was rebellious and sometimes rude to him .. but he was a shining star for me.
I have shared his stories and wisdom with so many of my friends.. even though we haven't even met ..

You will be missed dear Jophil.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rarely have I known a more worthy opponent who became such a great friend and, for lack of a better term, sosuave colleague.

Flights of Angels sing thee home great soul, you will be missed.

Delly2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sad. I have "known" him briefly...but the knowledge and advice he has imparted will last. I thank him for that. RIP.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea. Jophil was always a big supporter of mine and I have long held his perspective in the highest esteem. I hope his advice and jokes will live on for a long time to come, in our hearts and on these pages.

Rest in peace Jophil, we will miss you.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I'm shocked. We were IMing on a regular basis and I was wondering what happened to him.

A true loss for our community.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jophil had 5,288 posts over five years. Not one of them was a complaint or even a mention of having had cancer. He was a man until the end.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am truly shocked. A real man right to the end displaying courage and wisdom. He will be missed.

Rest in Peace.

Cheers to JoPhil!

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
romangod

He was a real man right to the end. The last time we talked he said he was having really bad pain in his neck and back and was going to the doctor. That was all he told me. I was thinking it was a herniated disc or something. He was a rather private man. His girl said the cancer had spread to his back, lungs and lymph nodes as well. I feel really bad. He's one heck of a guy.

I'm sure he's dancing with the Angels.

May his next journey be even more wonderous than the last.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my favorite posters and his absence has definitely been noticeable.
The forum is poorer for his passing.
It's odd, because I had a strange feeling this morning that something might have happened to him.
Like others have said, he was a great example of a real man.
I hope his family is managing well.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jophil and I had always shared congruent thinking. As he and I had always believed, the most important standard to uphold in one's life is to never, never, never, never compromise yourself for anyone or anything. Jophil never did--till the end.

Much respect and love Brother.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had know idea he was anything but healthy. I had been away from the forum and after coming back I wondered where he was. He was one of my favorite posters. He passed on too young. I guess it's like they say, the good die young.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Noooooooo!!
we lost a brother.
I guess its stupid of me to believe that people will live forever.
:mad:

we should put up Jophils greatest threads or posts, to educate the newbs how great this person was.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I'm speechless... Even though I don't know anyone here in person, I feel pretty close to all regular posters in the MM forum. This news really hits me.

Rest in peace, jophil. You will be missed...

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I'm all choked up right now. Even though we never met, Jophil was like a member of the family, a favorite uncle like the others mentioned.

He was a true gentleman with a lifetime of wisdom and an understanding of women that was second to none. Most of all, he was on this site because he wanted to help guys everywhere.

Goodbye Jophil. You will be missed beyond words. :cry: