Jetboy's Journal

jetboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey people! I'm gonna start a journal here to track my progress and keep me motivated. (and to also help some of you get motivated) I'm bulking up right now and have read countless articles on it. And yeah..I'm skinny. :( BUT I WILL CHANGE THAT!

I will post on this thread every week.

Weight : 120 lbs
Height : 5' 5"

Workout Days : Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri (2hrs each)

Sizes
(flexed circumference)

Upper Arm : 12"
Lower Arm : 10"
Upper Leg : 18 1/4"
Lower Leg : 12 3/4"
Waist : 28 1/2"
Chest : 36"
Neck : 15"

BF% : Don't Know...probably around 9%
Cardio : 2 laps on 8.5 mph on Fridays only (takes about 3.7 min)

Diet

6 meals a day, 3 protein shakes, + anymore food I can cram in at the end of the day

5 glasses of milk everyday(this is including protein shake)

Absolutly no junk food, fatty food, or carbonated drinks

Supplements

Whey Protein : 20g of protein a serving, 60g daily intake
Multi-vitamin

Short-Term Goal : to be at least 130lbs by mid August, 2005
Long-Term Goal : to be at least 170lbs by mid August, 2006

Quick Workout Overview

Mon, Thu = Everything Upperbody except Biceps
Tue, Fri = Everything Lowerbody plus Biceps

Bench Press Max : 145lbs

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how your program looks like but I would advice against doing two set of full body workouts every week. That's just too much work on the body.

Other than that, good luck, I'll be watching this journal.

jetboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
This week was a disaster. Couldn't eat all that well due to family-related problems, but I still managed to work out 4 days. Unfortunately my weight went down a pound, it hovers between 119 and 120. Thankfully the problems are over. I will do things right this week.

For those of you wondering what my body looks like, I took a pic of myself with a webcam. (don't have digital camera) Keep in mind that I already started lifting some 2 months ago and very strong for my size.

Flexing in the pic. Comments appreciated. Thanks.

http://members.cox.net/mkj418/blazinboy1.jpg

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how your program looks like but I would advice against doing two set of full body workouts every week. That's just too much work on the body.
Depends on the set/rep schemes used.

Jetboy, if you're going to go with this split then do one workset for every muscle group otherwise it'll be too taxing as Lifeforce says. Also, increased protein intake is vital for recovery/repair - 2g per lb of target bodyweight.

And I'll recommend glutamine, get in 20-30g a day to help with recovery. (it helps, I've found - others might suggest that it doesn't do anything though).

jetboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got my weight up to 121.5 lbs!!! Whoo!!

But I better work on it more, since there's only about 4.5 weeks before school starts! -I have set a goal to reach 130 lbs-

Also I got sneezing and runny nose in summer?!? And have no allergies......did any of you get these symptoms?

I will look into glutamine, thanks for the info. It's so hard shoving all the food in you...but oh well..

Also I sleep like a bear (10-11hrs) so I get plenty of rest time.

:p

Well..I hope to put another pound by this week. Laterz!