Japanese Girls

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So on Friday night coming back from the clubs, my buddy chats up a Japanese girl sitting alone on the train. We learn she's the same age (23-24). She's only been in Toronto for 5 weeks. Heavy accent, doesn't speak much English. She's here for a year, studying English. Turns out she's getting off at our stop. The buses at the station have stopped running at this point, so we walk her partway home. The three of us exchange numbers.

I call her up Sunday and ask if she wants to go out for bubble tea later that afternoon. She's up for it, but asks "Can I bring friend?" I said sure, I'll bring my buddy too (the one that chatted her up initially). We pick her and her friend up at the subway station (her friend is *very* cute). They're impressed with my new car. She also loves the music in my ipod playlist (I'm pumping hip hop) and seem very high energy even with their broken Engrish. They do the Japanese girl "oooohhh" and "aaahh" and "mmmmmhhh" thing in the car which is oddly charming.

We go to a bubble tea place. They like the decor in the venue. They do the typical Japanese thing of taking pictures of their meal - I tease them about that. We teach them some English and they teach us Japanese. (Taught them the word hot, said "Erika is hot." She responds "spinaroonie" is hot", but I'm not sure if she's just messing or sincere. I look at her little pocket book of Japanese-English translations she carries around and tease her about some of the words she's written in there. Turns out the girl's friend has a boyfriend... in Japan. There is no mention of a bf of the first girl though. She's a nurse... she asks me what I do and I say I'm an actuary. Initially she hears actor, but I punch it in for her in her electronic dictionary, and says "aaahhhh" and is really impressed. (Still wondering what the heck the Japanese translation is.)

Afterwards we drive them up to Main St. Unionville, a quaint little New England-esque nook with shops and a lot of pedestrain activity and 19th century housing stock. We go for a walk and they take photos and seem very thrilled to be there (never saw anything like this back in Japan or even in other parts of Toronto). Driving back in the car they thank us for taking us there. One thing that annoyed me though is them speaking Japanese to each other while we were walking thru Unionville and for most of the trip back. At some points felt neglected.

We drop both girls off at the subway ... the friend lives at the west end and takes the subway home (we offer to drive the first girl who lives closer to the station home, but she declines.)

The language and cultural barriers are tough to surmount, but I like this girl - she's into hip hop and seems fun. But the last thing I want is to be her personal tour guide chump. She's hard to read and I don't know if there's real interest there... How do I play this one?

(I was thinking a baseball game with a bunch of my friends?)

btw i'm a skinny brown guy if that makes a difference... my buddy is white but his game could use some work

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update:

I texted her the following yesterday afternoon:

"Do you want to come to a baseball game with some of my fiends on Saturday -Takashi" (Takashi is the name I picked for myself - based on Takashi Sorimachi - it's her nickname for me)

She texted me back today:

"Hi!! I wanna go there!! But, i have a plan on saturday,so i can't go there. I'm so sorry."

I figured she was politely blowing me off, so I wrote this later this evening -

"No worries. Can you send the picture of the 4 of us from Sunday to *******@gmail.com. Thanks"

Then I got this an hour ago.

"I c. I send it to u!! C u later:)"

Not sure how to interpret it. How do I play this one?

dj trainee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you're OK, i think she genuinely has plans, and she said she did want to go. Back off a bit and let her initiate the next contact?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the hell is brown?
Are you black? Mexican? Indian?
Don't be ashamed of your race

tarotale

Banned
Reaction score
remember 2 strike rules!!! she deny you one more time, then she is out, unless you want to be really generous and give her 3rd shot

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what i notice about jpn girl is usually they dating their own-a jpn guy or they with white guys, hardly they go out with other asians or other races.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I texted her Sunday afternoon from the Blue Jays game:

"Hey do you want to get lunch on Sunday"

It's almost Monday... No reply.

Next.

Reaction score
well you seem very excited, seems like your ready to be in love, from my experince rushing things never go right, I would just focus on something else for a while, she'll come back around and wonder where the attention went

suavesuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder why she is not going out with you the 2nd time?
Anyone care to explain? Not enough rapport? He is not attracted to her physically? Or the Japanese girl is just insane?

ALPHAROMEO

Banned
Reaction score
japanese girls are just dolls they have no feelings

women don t exist in the JAPANESE society

they are either GEISHAS or insipid dull exploited housewives

no racism on my my part it s how it s works out there economically and socially

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ALPHAROMEO said:

that's about as true as saying that all french men are cowardly sissy gays.

Number_One

Don Juan
Reaction score

Actually, there is some truth to this. If you have been to Japan you will have seen how different their culture is. It is actually very strange and worlds apart from European/American culture.

The girls are really sweet and many are intelligent. But, Jap society does crush them down and make them expect nothing from life.

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, women in Japan are being repressed (so are men btw, but women more so) by society and their culture. Doesn't mean they don't have feelings, that's just retarded bull****.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
So I texted her Sunday afternoon from the Blue Jays game:

"Hey do you want to get lunch on Sunday"

It's almost Monday... No reply.

Next.
My thoughts indeed, just move on. There are millions of other sexually attractive women waiting for you.