IVF in political debates

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have people noticed that IVF is a "thing" now in the political arena. I guess more and more women are getting older and having a hard time conceiving that they want big daddy government to pay for this (hooray, more taxes to pay for poor mistakes by ignorant people)... how times have changed :) surprise, but IVF is not a silver bullet. chances of conceiving with IVF I still low.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have people noticed that IVF is a "thing" now in the political arena
Life in The Post-Industrial World, where problems aren't nearly as photogenic as famine and civil war, has it's drawbacks. Namely, sh-t that's not the domain of government begins to get politicized

Clockwerk50

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Canada, the government started paying for IVF around 2022. They only cover one round of IVF and only the patients that try to conceive for a year are eligible for the procedure. Patients usually pay about 25% of the cost themselves, and they also have to pay for other things like medications. IUIs are usually paid in full by the patients or their employer’s insurance.

IVF is primarily sought by couples struggling with infertility, which affects about 1 in 6 couples. Infertility can result from various factors, including age, medical conditions such as PCOS or endometriosis in women, and male infertility factors like low sperm count or poor motility.

What I am trying to say is that couples are the typical patients seeking IVF, not just women, and typically is seen as a medical necessity to address infertility, rather than a government-supported lifestyle choice.