It is not wrong.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is not wrong to let her know how you feel. It is not wrong to let her know you love her. It is not wrong for you to embrace your love for her and hers for you.

BUT IT'S ****ING WRONG FOR YOU TO THROW THAT AWAY BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO ****ING MACHO TO LET IT OUT. BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO MUCH OF A ****ING CHUMP TO LET HER KNOW.

Now it's gone. What are you going to do about it?

triple_ultima

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LikRetsam
It is not wrong to let her know how you feel. It is not wrong to let her know you love her. It is not wrong for you to embrace your love for her and hers for you.

BUT IT'S ****ING WRONG FOR YOU TO THROW THAT AWAY BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO ****ING MACHO TO LET IT OUT. BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO MUCH OF A ****ING CHUMP TO LET HER KNOW.

Now it's gone. What are you going to do about it?
Sounds like someone's on the rebound...

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything you are is programmed into you from day one. All this sappy shit is stuff that you learned from TV, movies, music, your parents, and all outside influences. How else did you pick it up?

If it was all nature, you'd be swinging through trees and girls would be attracted to the most masculine man who can protect them and give them what they need.

Tell me this, would telling her that you loved her really have saved the relationship? Do you fall for a girl that you're dating just because she tells you that she loves you? Most likely her feelings will remain the same, if she doesn't start pushing away from you because she doesn't feel the same way. You can't raise a persons interest in you by telling them your feelings for them. They must feel the same way, otherwise you'll get taken advantage of. Who wants that?

Sure it's not wrong, you can do whatever the fuck you want, but it doesn't help to do what you're saying. Girls don't NEED to know how you feel. Especially if you can show them how you feel. Yeah, she is gone, and there is NOTHING you can do about it. And there was NOTHING you could do about it before. People break up because one person loses attraction in the other and that is usually the ONLY reason. If you two were still attracted to eachother, you'd be together.

If you sincerely believe that by telling her you love her, embracing both your loves for eachother, and telling her how you feel would change anything for the better, then good for you. But don't call people chumps for not having to tell their girlfriends how much they love them or call them chumps for being too macho to get sentimental about stuff that they don't have to. If she's attracted to you for who you are, she'll stay with you. You don't tell your boys you love them and tell them how much you want to embrace them. Why do you have to tell your girl? Let her like you for you, not the sappy lovey dovey bullshit that you throw out from your mouth.

Sorry man, I just don't believe in what you say.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite insightful NRM unfortunatly you are relating it to me and believe I am in that situation. That is not the case. 2 of my friends have fallen prey to this in the last little while and regret it. Don't give me your bull**** about why people break up because I can honestly tell you, if they showed they cared, they'd be together.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed what you had to say.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quite insightful NRM unfortunatly you are relating it to me and believe I am in that situation. That is not the case. 2 of my friends have fallen prey to this in the last little while and regret it. Don't give me your bull**** about why people break up because I can honestly tell you, if they showed they cared, they'd be together.

I say this rarely, and when I do I mean it...

Bro, your arrogance proceeds you.

By the way... you're 15. Ya ****in' freshmen :)

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Cough.. Um.. I never wrote this.

I do agree with you. You are absolutly right NRM.

Smooth: One to talk about arrogance? HMMm :D And I'm officially a senior now.

Nocturnal and NRM, you guys are completly right. Excuse what I said... that night was not a productive night here hehe....

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well... ;)

A senior? How'd ya pull that off?

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Har har.

kave

Don Juan
Reaction score
lik are u really smart and skipping grades bc if ur 15 ur not a senior unless u tricked them or somethin.

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
15 and a senior? WTF? I'm 14... I'll be a freshman next year.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a private french school on the IB program which means that I'm doing what public schools are doing a year later. It means I graduate this year. And I'm just born at the end of the year so I'll be 16 for the senior year.
I got 1100 on the SATs at 12 years old.... If that means anything.

the_prototype

Reaction score
Cough.. Um.. I never wrote this.

I do agree with you. You are absolutly right NRM.

Nocturnal and NRM, you guys are completly right. Excuse what I said... that night was not a productive night here hehe....
so... is the original post good advice or bad?

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by the_prototype
so... is the original post good advice or bad?
There is a point in a relationship, that has lasted quite a while (5+ months) where it is no longer time to act macho. Where showing you care is not going to make you lose her. That's something alot of us forget.

Otherwise, for any other chick:

Originally posted by Nocturnal
It is not wrong to let a girl know you're interested. It IS wrong to do so with words.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm... well the thing is, you shouldn't change. Just because when you change, you are bringing something in that seems like lies. If one day you start getting cute after 5 months of confidence and masculinity, then you have a problem.

I don't believe it is acting macho. Before you can get a girl, you should instill confidence and a masculine side to yourself even before you start dating. The side that you were born with, that nature gave you.

Thing is, the reason why I dissagree is because you aren't trying to show her that you don't care for the first 5 months, or anytime in a relationship period. It's just that you don't do it through words. You should be the gentlemen (ie: open car doors, pull out chairs, walk on the outside of the curb), but you don't have to get mushy and always tell her how much you love her. Love and feelings should all be implied by what you do. If she clung onto your arm and cared for you whenever you needed something, she doesn't have to tell you that she cares for you, you'd know.

There are definite changes as relationships progress. But you shouldn't be the one in control of them. From Day One to Day Marriage, you should still be your confident, masculine self. That is the whole reason she became attracted to you. Of course, if it's all an act, then quit while you're ahead and try some self improvement.

This is just my take on it. If you want to keep things going in the long run, be the man she can look up to and respect. Be the confident masculine man she fell for. Don't tell her you love her. Show her you love her. The words "I love you" should keep their special meaning throughout a relationship. If you say it often, it loses meaning. I don't care what you say about, if she loved you too it doesn't matter. It does. If a woman constantly told you that she loved you, at a time when she really wanted to express it just through words, she would have a difficult time.

Save the "I love you"'s for when you kill her cat or accidentally break her heart and didn't mean to. It'll get you out of a lot of trouble.

runner10_13

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, whoever started this post is an idiot. And lay off the caps.