Is wanting closure a bad thing?

JD83

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have gone without talking to my ex best friend for 6 days now. I simply ignore her when I see her at work. Part of me wants to ask her why she did what she did. Why did she lead me on if she knew she was playing? Is this normal? How can I stop myself from thinking this?

Thanks!

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with wanting closure my friend. The problem is you will not get it. Demanding an explanation from a girl is a one way ticket to drama land a place in which you will come out more confused and fvcked up than before.

Man up leave her alone & MOVE ON.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WHY? Do you want to listen to chick psychobabble? SHE won't really know the reason unless you did her mom. IF you want a logical answer,like you'd get from a man-keep dreaming.Move on,there's nothing to gain

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I concur with the last two posters as well.

Any attempt to logically sort things out will just cause her to look down on and disrespect you even more. Trust me, I just learned this the hard way today with my ex-gf. I promise nothing good comes out of continuing a one-sided relationship.

She obviously does not respect you as a friend to be honest with you from the beginning and instead manipulated your emotions to make her feel good. You don't need or deserve this kind of person in your life so cut her off. If she tries to reestablish something just be civil and polite and go about your business.

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
closure is pointless. Do you think it'll make you feel better? Will knowing that she purposely fvcked with make it easier for you? Just move the fvck on.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Real men don't need closure. The only closure you need is she has low IL.

This is not something you can have a logical conversation about with a woman. All you'll get is woman speak.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't want closure, you want to get the last word in.

Sorry to tell you this, but a woman will always find a way to get the last word in. Whatever that has been said up until this point, is more than enough.

You know what the situation is, you know how to proceed from there... what more do you need?

She's no longer in your life, apparently, so why the need for closure?
No one died. You just don't like the situation ended on HER terms and NOT yours. Don't confuse the need for getting the last word in or having it on your terms with "needing closure".

sagexx

Don Juan
Reaction score
closure is unnecessary as they will hurt u more, ive tried and it came out worse than before, acted like a complete afc and now regret why did i even ask her about it.

Crow

Don Juan
Reaction score
sagexx said:
closure is unnecessary as they will hurt u more, ive tried and it came out worse than before, acted like a complete afc and now regret why did i even ask her about it.
Yep, I was in that boat not long ago too. Closure is a myth. You'll just get more of a headache. Much better to numb your brain with alcohol and sex.