Is this a sign of disinterest or a push-pull?

Sam Adams

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok so I saw this girl I know and I see everyone once in a while on campus the other day. She is a flirt and she certainly flirts with me every time we run into each other. Afterwards I was thinking screw it I should just get her # and ask her out for lunch or coffee on campus, I check her facebook and her # is not on there so I send her a facebook message relating a funny story she told me last time I saw her as to why I need to get her #. She sent me back this response.

"so demanding, arent you? give me a mint. send me your number.

i have class every 20 minutes on tuesday/thursdays anyways, so i wouldn't have had much time for lunch. so you didn't miss out on anything..."

I figure if she wasn't interested she wouldn't have even bothered responding b/c who knows when we will run into each other again. I was thinking the best course of action would be to neg her or disqualify her. Something along the lines of "your right I should probably hang out with cooler girls then you anyways." I don't know she has me puzzled, I wouldn't call her an attention ***** just a flirt. Since she is a flirt I was leaning against sending anything back that is ****y or funny and just plain blunt. What is everyone's opinion of this?

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what other reason besides attention does a girl flirt for?

ask her what use would it be to you to give out your number.

Sam Adams

Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm&Style said:
what other reason besides attention does a girl flirt for?

ask her what use would it be to you to give out your number.
I guess my post wasn't clear she was halfway mocking me when she says "so demanding, arent you? give me a mint. send me your number." She bought mints last time I saw her and naturally I asked her for one. I was asking for her number.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sam Adams said:
Ok so I saw this girl I know and I see everyone once in a while on campus the other day. She is a flirt and she certainly flirts with me every time we run into each other. Afterwards I was thinking screw it I should just get her #

yeah should of asked her for her number

and ask her out for lunch or coffee on campus, I check her facebook and her # is not on there so I send her a facebook message relating a funny story she told me last time I saw her as to why I need to get her #.

no need to make an excuse, just ask for it, be straight forward, it'll save you time

She sent me back this response.

i have class every 20 minutes on tuesday/thursdays anyways, so i wouldn't have had much time for lunch. so you didn't miss out on anything..."

yep i'm demanding alright....were hanging out this weekend....now give me that number dork

I figure if she wasn't interested she wouldn't have even bothered responding b/c who knows when we will run into each other again. I was thinking the best course of action would be to neg her or disqualify her. Something along the lines of "your right I should probably hang out with cooler girls then you anyways."

hahah man your overthinking this, your here figuring out what tech to use on this girl and she isn't even thinking about you. Just respond straight forward with her, be cool/normal/fun/confident

I don't know she has me puzzled, I wouldn't call her an attention ***** just a flirt. Since she is a flirt I was leaning against sending anything back that is ****y or funny and just plain blunt. What is everyone's opinion of this?

my opinion is this is 1 girl on a college campus that seems to be a good size, theres plenty more options. Don't worry about this chick, just push it as far as you can, be straight forward
bold

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sam Adams said:

I figure if she wasn't interested she wouldn't have even bothered responding b/c who knows when we will run into each other again. I was thinking the best course of action would be to neg her or disqualify her. Something along the lines of "your right I should probably hang out with cooler girls then you anyways."
NO NO NO NO. How do you expect to turn her on when you insult her and put her down?

Damn we are an angry bunch.

The Deacon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
no need to make an excuse, just ask for it, be straight forward, it'll save you time
Yup. It's like Genie told Aladdin... "you gotta be a straight-shooter."

yep i'm demanding alright....were hanging out this weekend....now give me that number dork
Haha, dude I love this response. Use this one Sam Adams, I highly recommend it. It's non-needy yet extremely forward.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any negging, teasing, etc. should be done in person next time you see her. Sometimes we fail to realize just how cold/dry/mean words can come out when they are typed and posted online/email/text messages.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
Any negging, teasing, etc. should be done in person next time you see her. Sometimes we fail to realize just how cold/dry/mean words can come out when they are typed and posted online/email/text messages.
I've learned that the hard way

Sam Adams

Don Juan
Reaction score
Gangster Of Love said:
Same here but from experience I know you can tease girls in text and they will get realize it and not get offended but only if they have heard you do this before. I also to the other guy above I wasn't insulting her just trying to initiate some teasing.

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If u wanna game this girl, she's gonna be a challenge. But you might as well try, you got nothing to lose.

Definitely do not neg her yet. I mean you can tease her lightly, but dont insult her.

I wouldnt rush into anything here, there are plenty of girls that are probably more interested in you, but that doesnt mean don't try at all.

I would go at a steady pace. You're gonna run into her every now and then, sometimes leave a funny message on facebook. Hopefully things will escalate and she'll be more interested in you.

But like I said, spin your plates, have lots of options. make sure she can sense that from you. good luck.

gray_fox_9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sam Adams said:
yep i'm demanding alright....were hanging out this weekend....now give me that number brat
That would be my response....call her a brat....girls love that more than being called a dork.....:yes: