Is there hope for quiet, sensitive guys

donny osmond

Don Juan
Reaction score
"****y and funny does not really work in the UK and especially not for my personality-girls just see straight through it, and think you are trying to be offensive. "

I Can personally vouch for EVERYHTINg just written to be 100% false.

I don't know if your doing it wrong or somethgin mate, but C+F works a treat for all fit women.

1 more thing, you seem very........well.......to put it mildy, GIRLY .

Girls do NOT want to date other girls, they want men. My suggestion to you to start you off would be to WORK-OUT. Get a good workout plan, then after a few months when you start seeing muscles you might think, "oh wait, s-hit, i'm a man. Shoudln't i behave as such?"

DAMY

Don Juan
Reaction score
Matt

A 'shy' one?.....a lot of women really go for this type of man.

But, a shy man who has confidence and smiles a lot is a real 'Lady Killer'.

my 2 cents

damy

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
****y and funny does not really work in the UK and especially not for my personality-girls just see straight through it, and think you are trying to be offensive.
It does work (if done right) and I can vouch for that too, BUT it does not create interest if there's none there already. It will enhance it and make her laugh, but if she's not attracted to you and has shut you down, you will start to annoy her and start to look desperate.

I think the idea of C+F is that you are promoting yourself and your confidence in an acceptable/humorous way. It leads her to believe that you must have a foundation or some reason for your confidence. If you let a girl think that you are highly sought after, attractive and have everything going for you, she'll think she's missing out on something special and try much harder to get you.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C&F definitely does work in the UK.

I was chatting to a woman at the weekend about what she looks for in a man, and, after a long convuluted explaination from her, realised she was talking about C&F and 'emotional rollercoasters' though of course she didn't grasp those as any kind of 'concepts' that men could learn and use - he he....:cool:

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All good advice. Especially the idea to work out. Infact: start getting more PHYSICAL generally. Physicality in all its forms is really the essence of masculinity.

Workout, run, play sports (keep up the racket sports), maybe even martial arts, and above all else, start REGULARLY physically APPROACHING. A boy that can approach will enough composure to convey his personality is no longer a boy - he is a MAN.

All of these physical acts will eventually increase testosterone & confidence. Its true that many women go for "shy", but NEVER "shy and retiring". Bear that in mind.

So dont RETIRE. Get physical in as many ways as you can - esp. APPROACHING, please - and its only logical, and natural, that you will soon extend your physical repertoire to include: SEX.

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
NEWSFLASH: A lot of the best seducers I know are actually quiet, sensitive guys naturally. The difference between them and you is that they are comfortable in their own skin, are totally fearless and could care less what anyone thinks of them.

BES

Don Juan
Reaction score
its probably true!!!
Girls like shy and sensitive men that have a confidence in themseleves. i like that word Lady killer!!! hahahaha

I am shy and quiet but i am just comming out on my cacoon.
Before a lot of girls stare at me like i am movie stars....but i dont know how to make a move back then. now i am starting to play the game. smiling at girls that stares at me and trying to get there number. i will give you feedback when i go back to school.

rejection is a B|tch but its part of life.
if u experience this you just turn yourself to a boy to a man!

attraction helps too:
i am tall, have a average body(no fat), dress well.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys, things are slowly starting to fit into place.

I can see now that I do tend to avoid risk and wait for the women to show interest rather than being bolder and asking for the number anyway. Will fix this right away.

While I work out a lot, I think I will join a sports team so that being with other men will bring out the man in me.

As far as the C&F goes, I think the problem is with me not the technique. Once I become confident enough to say it in a couldn't care how she reacts manner I think it will be more successful!

Am I right in saying that the problem is not being quiet, but that of being timid and retiring and I need to sort that out?

ToughGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am on right place!!

Hello you all,
I am really pleased the way you all guys extend your supportive hand to your "learning friends".

I appreciate the help of your all and want to thank for you.
It is very much visible from this post.

I am sure i am an AFC, don't know to approach, or don't know much about women. but i also know that i am at right place and though i may get late but i would certainly be getting better with women.

I am feeling confident kind of.

thnx.

Reaction score
Matt, not too many girls are attracted to a 'timid' man, but they are attracted to intelligence - usually non-hors value intelligence. Search for non-hors.

Also, you must show confidence and strength. Eventhough you have been rejected 100 times no one else knows this besides you - don't project an image of a rejected man - approach every girl as your first approach!! If you get rejected then just take it lightly and as a growing experience!

Don't try to be ****y and funny - this is not your nature and it will only look awkward and be misguided!

Okra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just get crunk shawty. You may be mild mannered, but you have to show a female SOME exciting fun. You can't be that reserved since you play saxophone. I happen to play saxophone as well.

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a stick

Matt,

Single women are a 'dime a dozen'. Once you drill that into your head you will be 'beating them off with a stick'.

------------here is a tip-----------

All women are 'pack rats' ie. they collect sh*t.

Once you find out what she or her girlfriend or her mother or her grandmother collects you zero in on that item and talk about it.

Now you have her eating out of your hand!

cave dweller

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

Quiet is OK, but it needs to be backed by confidence in myself and the balls to go out and approach women and ask them out-which is the man's role.

From some self-examination-I think it is not so much my sensitive, quiet nature that is holding me back, but fear of being direct and going after what I want, and lack of confidence in myself.

As far as the masculinity goes, I am working on this. I already train with weights and am in good condition-often get mistaken for a rugby player. Unfortunately I have rather effeminate, pretty boy looks-which rather ruins my credibility, but I am going to experiment with some stubble and a army style haircut to make me look more masculine.

I also tend to be quite inhibited and don't show a lot of emotion or let myself go, so I am going to try and smile a lot more and be more playful and tease girls more.

Oh as for C&F (for me at least) I believe that you need to turn it down a bit in the UK so it is less bordering on offensive and arrogant and more on the playful side. A line which worked quite well the other day with a girl who was complaining about a hangover was:

"So did you enjoy the concert the other night-or don't you remember any of it" (with a sly grin)

Earned myself a light punch and a blush that is the sign of success!

iMat

Don Juan
Reaction score
On a biological level, you would've been dragged off by a leopard a loooooonnnngggg time ago. Not exactly the fearless hunter women look for.

--iMat