Is there a reason to get married?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Can this site name positive strong reasons when a man should commit legally, financially, morally and physically to one women for the rest of his life? I'm starting to view marriage as buying a car. After so many years it loses its appearance and you have to spend more to maintain it.

Suppose you had 2 kids, and could sleep with a different good looking girl every month, would you still commit to one girl you "connected" with forever?

Before women couldn't get the resources the man could and werent supposed to even have sex before marriage. Now they can double the mans resources and have double the sex.

If a man had money and power and game, marriage has no value. Curious to what SS thinks

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you get a larger deduction. Also if the woman makes more money than you it will improve your lifestyle. Problem is most women who are looking for a guy are flat broke

GT40

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In today’s day and age no.
Marriage is paper certificate and nothing more.

Billtx49

Reaction score
In this day and age the only reason is the womans devotion, confidence in you, honesty, loyalty, and moral character, regardless of all the other factors.
It’s your job to determine exactly where she’s at on those important factors…

Last edited:

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Old bat is pushing marriage, heh?

Yet you have these young chicks in their 20s playing with you?

Hard choice, but me thinks the hot girls in the 20s is a better choice.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can this site name positive strong reasons when a man should commit legally, financially, morally and physically to one women for the rest of his life? I'm starting to view marriage as buying a car. After so many years it loses its appearance and you have to spend more to maintain it.

Suppose you had 2 kids, and could sleep with a different good looking girl every month, would you still commit to one girl you "connected" with forever?

Before women couldn't get the resources the man could and werent supposed to even have sex before marriage. Now they can double the mans resources and have double the sex.

If a man had money and power and game, marriage has no value. Curious to what SS thinks
Not a chance.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It makes you look more socially established and you have credibility and people look up to you. What president was voted into the white house that wasn't married? If you are not married then you lack credibility when trying to hit higher circles of influence and prestige.

highSpeed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no, no need to get married. end of story. the relationship is effectively dead once you get married. she no longer needs to work at it, you've already given her the keys to the castle. once she has those keys, you are no longer necessary.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In this day and age the only reason is the womans devotion, confidence in you, honesty, loyalty, and moral character, regardless of all the other factors.
It’s your job to determine exactly where she’s at on those important factors…
...which could all change 180-degrees in the other direction in an instant once you determine her to be "worthy." Then, you're stuck and really f*ucked. Women created their own mess on this one.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It makes you look more socially established and you have credibility and people look up to you. What president was voted into the white house that wasn't married? If you are not married then you lack credibility when trying to hit higher circles of influence and prestige.
Totally false. In who's eyes? The people who all "judge" you? Why do you care what they think?! F*uck 'em and go your own way without needing the approval of others.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like an old car (or anything you hang onto), there is something intangible about familiarity. When constantly trading in or leasing, etc. you do end up spending more money, and you do tend find things you don't like about the new model. I would say the costs between LTR and fvcking around about equal.

Challenge could be debatable too. When I was having fun and messing around, it just felt too easy to get a girl in the sack. Date 1: drinks and filtering for interest; Date 2: Dancing or something active, then sex; Date 3: Dinner at my place or hers and sex. Meaningless sex gets a bit boring. If your sexual strategy revolves around chasing tail and blowing your load, that can be a lot of fun. However, at the end of the day, it just feels pointless... it's like playing video games to me... easy and entertaining, but that's about it...

Also, when living in more affluent areas, I would agree with @corrector. You don't tend to find many single men or women in the higher social circles. I am not saying it won't happen, but it tends to be uncommon. If they are single, they are usually divorced. @Dash Riprock , while I agree with your mindset, it will tend to leave you on the outside looking in, for more affluent neighborhoods, assuming you aspire to live in those areas.

And I live in the Bay Area, so there is a definite advantage financially for moving in together when rents average between 2-3k for a one-bedroom condo. Splitting costs of living together can save me 12-20k a year.

Last edited:

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Challenge could be debatable too. When I was having fun and messing around, it just felt too easy to get a girl in the sack. Date 1: drinks and filtering for interest; Date 2: Dancing or something active, then sex; Date 3: Dinner at my place or hers and sex. Meaningless sex gets a bit boring. If your sexual strategy revolves around chasing tail and blowing your load, that can be a lot of fun. However, at the end of the day, it just feels pointless... it's like playing video games to me... easy and entertaining, but that's about it...
Pointless to have easy and entertaining sex with a good looking girl? Give me a break. Guys here would fly to Australia to have sex with a girl under 30.

Also, when living in more affluent areas, I would agree with @corrector. You don't tend to find many single men or women in the higher social circles. I am not saying it won't happen, but it tends to be uncommon. If they are single, they are usually divorced. @Dash Riprock , while I agree with your mindset, it will tend to leave you on the outside looking in, for more affluent neighborhoods, assuming you aspire to live in those areas.

And I live in the Bay Area, so there is a definite advantage financially for moving in together when rents average between 2-3k for a one-bedroom condo. Splitting costs of living together can save me 12-20k a year.
Two different issues. Committing to one woman and living in an affluent area have nothing to do with each other.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a lot of people intend to be married some day and have a better family than the one i grew up with. But if you don't want it, that's fine. I want to get married someday, but I won't force anybody else - future children included - to do it if they don't want to.

If you ask me, it sounds better than having multiple baby-mamas when you can just have one, and not fight over who gets to see/have the children all the time.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pointless to have easy and entertaining sex with a good looking girl? Give me a break. Guys here would fly to Australia to have sex with a girl under 30.
It's a mindset thing I suppose and likely where we will just have to disagree. The momentary satisfaction of busting your load is temporary, no different than getting high or drunk. And the bolded is the problem. I know your exaggerating, but man do some guys put the pvssy on a pedestal or what?

Two different issues. Committing to one woman and living in an affluent area have nothing to do with each other.
To afford a modest 2 million dollar home in Palo Alto or Mission Hills where you will have access to the best schools, lowest crime rates, and white-collar crowd would not be easy to sustain on a single income, while also producing a comfortable lifestyle. Most affluent educated women will not settle for a live-in fvckboy either, at least for nothing more than a temporary lay...

The point I am making is that it is not easy by any means to live in the best parts of town without two incomes, maybe if your in Cleveland or some other crappy city.

It just really depends on your goals. There is nothing wrong with either way (married or not), I am merely just stating how your ambition will determine whether or not the economics of marriage prove to be beneficial to your goals.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be 39 in July and my last lay was a 20 year old. My last other two chics in my rotation were 23 and 28. Haven't dated a woman over 30 in over 5 years. I let them all drop without explanation nor reason. Some guys want more and some guys want a challenge. I was married from 18-25. That was a challenge that I wasn't worthy of at the time. It takes effort, sacrifice and determination to make it work that most people just don't have in them. And some just don't want it. Nothing wrong with that. The advantage to marriage is collective thought and strength in numbers. If it weren't such a powerful force, the family unit wouldn't be under attack from so many sides in the way that it is. The state, the feminist movement, the entertainment industry, globalist consumerism, etc. The family unit is being attacked on all fronts, why? Because, it is strength and structures of bands, groups, tribes, communities and families are the only resistance to further the agenda of those mentioned above.