Is the guy expected to call?

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going out with this girl which lives in a different town than me. I'm a senior in HS and she's a junior. When we first started going out she called more often than I did. Like once every 2 days. Well in the past week she's texted me once, i've called her once, and we've talked on msn once. She hasn't called me for over a week and I'm starting to get alarmed. My brother thinks I should just call her but I'm too stubborn and I've decided to break off all contact until she iniates it. Am I out of line? I mean she may be busy she could take like 10 minutes out of her day just to make contact.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she's probably wondering why you can't take 10 minutes out of YOUR day to make contact with her. call her dammit. just to set up a date or something...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah but if she likes me then why wouldn't she call me. I'm also trying to not come off as needy and hard to get.

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she's wondering why you aren't calling her?

Just call her dude.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bud_2005
Yeah but if she likes me then why wouldn't she call me. I'm also trying to not come off as needy and hard to get.
you like her right, yet you're not calling her, why can't you spare a few minutes of your day to call her? stop acting like an idiot for crying out loud. just pick up the phone and dial

oh, and how can you not come off as needy and hard to get?

they are two different things thank you very much, in fact, opposite polarities.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I called her and she just peeved me off. She was at a friends house and they were looking at a yearbook and she was hard to hear because there were other voices in the background. I talked to her some but she wasn't following it up very good. Then later on in the call she's like "well i'm gonna go because i'm using up your minutes and you won't talk". I just told her its hard to talk 2 her when shes talking to her friends and and a its hard to have a conversation when it's one-sided. I was fuming but I like this girl. What should I do?

dj_erey

Reaction score
RED FLAGGG

my friend, this is what i like to call a red flag.

this means 1 of 2 things:

<u><b>situation 1</u></b>
forget this girl man, if she really wanted to she would have walked away from her friends and been nice to you, excited to hear from you, and tell you she'll call you back later when she gets home. this girl has already forgotten about you, i suggest you do the same.

<u><b>situation 2</u></b>
this girl was probably JUST talking about you with her girlfriends, and im sure (like girls do when they get in groups) all sat there for 15 minutes talking about how you are an *******. her friends were probably laughing in the background and crap. if you try to continue with this girl, she'll probably just drag you around her little finger and make you buy **** for her. dont get into that.