Is sophomore year supposed to suck?

brad67

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive heard that sophomore year is the worst year of high school, and my success with woman as of late is the worst that its ever been. When I get a car and my liscense I know things will be better, but I don't want to waste this year.

All of my other friends are getting girls all the time, and my girlfriend of a year just dumped me and I cant even get girls to notice me.. they think I'm weird because I dont play lacrosse or hockey, and my reputation is that im a pothead, but ive quit that stuff for good. I need to change my reputation and I need people to start thinking that I am the man. I hang out and am friends with all the DJs in school and all of the hot girls, but I cant seem to turn anything into a hookup.. What should I do?

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It didn't for me. It's much easier than freshman and junior years academically.

And I also started drinking and stuff then, kind of found myself, and made a ton of friends. I was a loser in freshman year and I was unhappy. I would hang out with a friend maybe once or twice a month during the school year, and I never went to parties. Now, I do something every weekend and go to parties, and that all started for me in my sophomore year.

You're just in a little rut in your social life at the moment. Don't worry about it at all. I've been in one for a couple months now, but the past few weeks I've been coming out of it.

brad67

Don Juan
Reaction score
10th grade..

I think you were right familyguyfan.. im just in a social rut.. the friends I have had since middle school are starting to span out and seperate and hang out with new people, and I just need to find my place and my girl

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by brad67
10th grade..

I think you were right familyguyfan.. im just in a social rut.. the friends I have had since middle school are starting to span out and seperate and hang out with new people, and I just need to find my place and my girl
Yea, that's basically what's happened to me. I have several groups of good friends, and the one I used to hang out with the most, they got into a new group kind of. And while I'm still friends with the new guys, I'm not as good friends with them as my other friends are. And plus, the "leader" (the guy whose house they go to the most, and probably the most popular of them) I don't think likes me a whole lot, so that's kind of backed me out of it a little. But lately he's been warming up to me I think, so I could be getting back in with them again.

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who says sophmore year's supposed to suck?

I am having a blast.

Its what you make of it man.

diceroll

Don Juan
Reaction score
Brad,
Why do you think success = girl ?!??

[this is just my conclusion after reading your posts, brad.)

It isn't. Really.
Peers and media might say that it is, but it's not.

A few years ago, I was in that transition too, of leaving my friends of elementary school and moving onto high school.
Worrying about a girl is just going to make matters worst - because you may miss out on other opportunities when you don't (or even do) expect.

You don't need others think to you're the man. You only are the man if you know that you are. The other girls might see that you're insecure and following around other guys (some girls don't care, some do)

The DBJ goes into more detail about this, especially this page - http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23151

Cya,
diceroll.

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. I experienced the same thing in 8th grade. My core friends moved away from me. And my best friend from K-5th grade I ended up leaning back on (might sound gay, but someone that will always be there for you). Popularity is nothing when you don't have a wingman (or best friend) that will never leave. Remember that. My best friend is an absolute nerd. Basically, I hang out with cool people, he hangs out with nerds, but I know that I'll never worry about him ditching me for cooler people.

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:eek: yes is suppose to suck

brad67

Don Juan
Reaction score
Diceroll,

Im not basing my entire success as a human I guess you could say solely on the amount of girls I get. I have come far since high school and I have made lots of new friends and I have respect from my male peers, and girls think im a good guy.. its just lately I wish I could attract more women. Its only natural when your failing at something to start to see all of the other people who succeed where you are failing.. so when I dont have a girl at the moment, I notice everyone else who does.

And as for "being the man" is knowing that you are.. I think that makes people sound a little ****y, but I do know that people like me and girls all think im funny and stuff.. IM in a high place on the social hierarchy of high school, its just that I wish my success with girls, (not befriending them, but hooking up with them), was better

BxPrince24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by redbyte
Whats sophomore?
I live in oz so we just call grades 8 - 12 high school. 8-10 Junior 11-12 Senior.
How do you pronounce sophomore?
Sophomore - Grade 10.(*correction* my bad) Pronounced (Soff-fomore).

Junior year was the hardest everything for me.

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh...Junior Year for me was the "worst." I only say that because I took all the classes I really didn't want to take but had to in order to graduate my Junior year so I could have a really slack Senior year (which I did).