is skinnyguy.net a good choice for me?

Pook

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double
Pook,

i dont get why you have problems understanding MindOverMatter's points. i cant see why he has problems with himself because he defends the sosuave H+F forum?

Because no one was attacking it.

since when does a person has problems with himself because he shows selfrespect and doesnt take ****?
The Internet isn't the real world. You'll never 'lose' or 'get' respect with fake names on an obscure text message board.

Originally posted by MindOverMatter

No you attacked other sources by stereotyping them as overroided idiots who don't know a thing about kinesiology, while proclaiming Ellis and his minions to be gurus. The fact you told him to check out free advice after you bashed that very same advice doesn't mean anything, if he listens to anything you say, he'll be paypaling ellis as we speak.
From my experience, those even "schooled" in kinesiology often get a few things wrong. I swear, everyone who works out these days seems to be a self-proclaimed 'expert' in working out these days, even the 300 lb woman sweating it up on the stair climber.

If he is happy with the 'free' information, then we are all happy, right? If you're so sure of the quality of this 'free information', then he won't be unsatisfied, will he?

Why are you so sensitive? Even before I posted on this thread, Lifeforce said that "Pook is full of sh|t!" I'm not calling anyone full of sh|t. All I did was say why I went with the program and I reccomend it. Ultimately, I believe its a superior product than what can be found for 'free' on the Internet (for certain reasons, such as reduced 'loss of time'). The joy of the program is that it freed me from all the self-proclaimed experts from the Internet.

I don't read work out forums now (since I don't have to) and haven't in years. From my experience, I read a lot of what I described. You say it is now not like that. OK, I believe you. I told him to go check out the free information first so he could make out his own mind. The only disrespect is implying the guy a 'Pook-robot' who has no mind of his own and will do anything I say.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's interesting how you only reply to 10% of a post you quote. I've countered almost every argument you posted in your 2nd last post, and you've only decided to reply to one of those counter arguments.

I swear, everyone who works out these days seems to be a self-proclaimed 'expert' in working out these days, even the 300 lb woman sweating it up on the stair climber.
I don't claim to be an expert, in my mind you can never learn enough and there's always new information to be discovered that replaces the old. Experts of today can be wrong tomorrow. I have an ego, but it's not that big.

This is interesting tho:

The joy of the program is that it freed me from all the self-proclaimed experts from the Internet.
Anthony Ellis is a self-proclaimed expert too. How is he any different?

Let me ask you a question Pook. What makes Anthony Ellis an expert? Is it because he posted photographs of himself and his progress? I've done the same, as has Lifeforce, and other posters on this forum. There are hundreds of people on bodybuilding.com that will give you scientific advice, and back it up with photos of their progress. What makes Anthony Ellis any more of an expert then these guys? You are not free, you're still following the advice of a self-proclaimed expert, only you are paying for it.

Also, you would convince more people that skinnyguy.net is legit by posting photos of the progress you made with it, rather then by claiming it works and suggesting that free bodybuilding info on the net is full of overroided troglodytes who don't understand science and can't type (although I doubt we'll ever see this).

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pook

Because no one was attacking it.

The Internet isn't the real world. You'll never 'lose' or 'get' respect with fake names on an obscure text message board.

From my experience, those even "schooled" in kinesiology often get a few things wrong. I swear, everyone who works out these days seems to be a self-proclaimed 'expert' in working out these days, even the 300 lb woman sweating it up on the stair climber.

If he is happy with the 'free' information, then we are all happy, right? If you're so sure of the quality of this 'free information', then he won't be unsatisfied, will he?

Why are you so sensitive? Even before I posted on this thread, Lifeforce said that "Pook is full of sh|t!" I'm not calling anyone full of sh|t. All I did was say why I went with the program and I reccomend it. Ultimately, I believe its a superior product than what can be found for 'free' on the Internet (for certain reasons, such as reduced 'loss of time'). The joy of the program is that it freed me from all the self-proclaimed experts from the Internet.

I don't read work out forums now (since I don't have to) and haven't in years. From my experience, I read a lot of what I described. You say it is now not like that. OK, I believe you. I told him to go check out the free information first so he could make out his own mind. The only disrespect is implying the guy a 'Pook-robot' who has no mind of his own and will do anything I say. [/B]
I am not as good as you with dancing around with fancy words. I said in this case you were full of it when I read a quote of what you have said. If you are going to quite me than quote me correctly Pook.

When I went to school we learnt something called source evaluation. We learnt a few ways to check out if a source were legit or not. This is what you need to do to read the good free information. If something is a sticky at bodybuilding.com, at fortified iron, testosterone nation, iron additcs... it's probably something worthwhile reading. The information may be free, but when I read your post it seems you have a personal crusade against free information. Free is not necessarily bad, most people who write advice in the stickies are people who have worked out for a long time and learnt it the hard way. They share it for the common good.

Much like the DJ-bible. Many people here have never bought some strange program on how to get women or how to change your life. Most have made it on their own. Some are keyboard jockies.. those are easy to spot some are adept. There will always be good and bad informaition and if you read things from respected members then you will not go wrong in most cases. The DJ-bible is as good as any marketed program, why can't the stickies on bb.com be as good as ellis program or DIESEL's Guide?

When I read your posts it really looks like you have been brain washed. I have never seen people behave as you describe even in the teen section of bodybuilding.com. And that's saying alot!

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the end of the day...

Is 70 bucks worth getting the right information immediately (as well as the extras Ellis includes)?

That's the bottom line.

If you're new to lifting, and you value your time (I'd put mine at about US25 an hour), then it probably IS worth it.

I think that was Pook's initial point.

You guys can articulate your thoughts to the nth degree, but IMHO you're all basically still flaming each other.

Roobs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen to that

I smell char-grilled DJ's here

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is 70 bucks worth getting the right information immediately (as well as the extras Ellis includes)?

That's the bottom line.

If you're new to lifting, and you value your time (I'd put mine at about US25 an hour), then it probably IS worth it.

I think that was Pook's initial point.
Nobody had a problem with him saying that. It's his all bodybuilders on the net are clueless overroided simpletons that TaLk LiEk ThIs that people here took offense to.

Anyway let this thread die, everything's been said 3x already.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny how everybody rants and raves about this Anthony Ellis guy like he came up with something that has never been done before. He can't tell you anything different than the average guy that works out regularly. He has no secrets. If a person talks like they have all the answers people will follow.

there's a sucker born every minute:rolleyes:

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Too many carbs for me. Protein is what builds muscle, anything under 2g per lb target bodyweight is wasting your time in my opinion.
actually I've heard that anything more than 1.5 per lb of bodyweight is too much

not even most pros eat 2g per lb of bodyweight

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were a pro, and like most pros you were on enough juice to compete with a racehorse, I'd definetly recommend 2g/lbs of bodyweight. Their protein synthesis is so high that little of that protein would go to waste.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, and the body can only process 25g of protein per meal as well.. gah.

I'm not arguing this anymore - you can find my opinion on this in my posts and something I wrote for Zoso on his thread if you want it.

I don't speak from science, I speak from experience. Take in 1g or 1.5g per lb/kg whatever you want, and stick with your 5-6lbs a year muscular gains too.

I know and can see what works for 90% of people out there. (There are exceptions of course.)

As for the pros - if what you say is true then consider this: how many pros are getting BIGGER than they were when they first got their pro card? (bar Ronnie)

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you average it down bro, it's 15lbs muscle gains / year. That's pretty normal for putting on lean mass. I'm in my mid 20s, If I gain 1 lbs of lean mass every month, that's 36 lbs in the next 3 years. I'm still young, I have yet to get injured (knock on wood), and I am patient. What I'm doing is working for me very well.

As for pros, you are right, a lot of them don't get bigger after they turn pro. However if you look at the bodybuilders now (who are all trained by kinseiology gurus with encyclopedias of scientific knowledge), they are much much bigger then bodybuilders who trained in the 70s with "trial and error" techniques.

Also some pros do have better genetics then others, and can keep getting bigger without getting injured. Like you said, ronnie is a good example. His joints are so strong that he can train with insanely heavy weights and not get injured. Jay Cutler is another example, as is Lee Priest. These guys are very geneticaly gifted.

Personally tho, I don't like their phisiques. I feel that bodybuilders of old, while much smaller, had way better looking phisiques (Shawn Ray for example).

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
um actually all of them have gotten bigger when they turned pro

bigger in the waistline too but still bigger everywhere else

which ones would you say didn't?