Is she desperate??

mitraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not a full DJ so forgive me for my mistakes I'm working on it.

But my question is:

If you ask a girl if shes free on wednesday or thursday and she answers "I'm free on both" - does this mean she is desperate or shy or what?

What does it mean?

corruptrelic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe she's just into you? I'd love to hear that kind of answer every time I asked a girl out. (The last girl I asked out said "I think I can fit you in somewhere")

Besides in response to your question though doesn't sound like she's shy since shy girls are usually full of excuses "its too soon" "i need to get to know you better" "it's too early for that" "its getting late" "lets talk on the phone for 8000000 hours before going out" "why cant we be friends first" ,etc. And desperate I dont know you probably have the best answer for that. Does she open up to any guy who approaches her? I'd say it's a very good possiblity that she just likes you and wants to go out with you and she wants you to know that - so she's available.. until you take too long to move things forward (on a more physical level) and then she's too busy! Hopefully you won't as available to her as she is to you though.

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Geez. Just because a person happens to have no arrangements for two days in a row, doesn't mean she has issues.
Don't adopt female logic into your thought process.

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WatchMeWalk
Geez. Just because a person happens to have no arrangements for two days in a row, doesn't mean she has issues.
Don't adopt female logic into your thought process.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

-- Zero-

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't mean anything and it isn't worth thinking about. Maybe she's just free on both Wednesday and Thursday. The only thing for you to take from it is that she's willing enough to go out with you that she's not making stuff up that she has to do.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is your self esteem so empty..that you think just because a girl is free on both days..its NOT that she might want to spend time with you..but because she is desperate?

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't mean anything and it isn't worth thinking about. Maybe she's just free on both Wednesday and Thursday. The only thing for you to take from it is that she's willing enough to go out with you that she's not making stuff up that she has to do.
I agree..i think that it is just the fact that she is free on both days
So take it for what it is..and capitalize on whatever day you set up.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It just means she's free on both days

Sometimes things ain't all that complicated. :rolleyes:

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What would you have done different had you found out she WAS desperate?

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah....asking a girl if she is free Wed or Thurs usually shows her that YOU are desperate and don't have much of a social life, so I think you could call it even---yes?

Mitraz---go check the bible on pointers on asking a girl out. Usually you don't want to have some vague, wishy-washy "are you free X or Y?" You want a firm day and a firm event--if she can't make it, fine, you wait for her counter-offer. If none comes, next. If it does, she may be interested. Careful on your reply--you don't want any "well, are you free Y, then?" Have a backup offer ready--like you have your calendar worked out for the next 8 days and have multiple events to mix-n-match if necessary. No fishing, though, it's weak.

I wouldn't say her reply is that SHE'S desperate, I think she is taking it easy on a rookie and giving you a green light. Most women would start dodging a vague and weak offer even if they were interested.

mitraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
TesuqueRed I already know all of that.. However if you had read my first reply carefully I wrote:

Im not a full DJ so forgive me for my mistakes I'm working on it.

I know the bible in and out (in theory).. In real life I need much more practice.

And I am trying out different approaches on different girls all the time. Give me some time ;)

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by corruptrelic
Maybe she's just into you? I'd love to hear that kind of answer every time I asked a girl out. (The last girl I asked out said "I think I can fit you in somewhere")

Besides in response to your question though doesn't sound like she's shy since shy girls are usually full of excuses "its too soon" "i need to get to know you better" "it's too early for that" "its getting late" "lets talk on the phone for 8000000 hours before going out" "why cant we be friends first" ,etc. And desperate I dont know you probably have the best answer for that. Does she open up to any guy who approaches her? I'd say it's a very good possiblity that she just likes you and wants to go out with you and she wants you to know that - so she's available.. until you take too long to move things forward (on a more physical level) and then she's too busy! Hopefully you won't as available to her as she is to you though.
Sorry, to steal your post like this, but I really want to ask about this:

I know a girl who was showing high interest too, but when I asked her out on the phone, she started to make excuses too. Is it because she is shy or not interested. Maybe just too shy? Anyone esle ever run into this?

Oh BTW mitraz, I don't think you got anything to worry about lol. You got it made :D

SuSHI

tracy Jaks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lad, this means Cool, lets go out wensday and if it all goes well you can stay at my place overnight and we can do something thursday. So go for it.

corruptrelic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sushi she could be shy, only way to find out is to let her go and then let her come to you. You have a life to live and don't have time to keep hearing excuses (not when there are so many other women out there you could be hooking up with), a good way to see if she's interested is to mention that your friend is making you go on a blind date and you thought you'd check it out. She's either going to not care (not interested) or she's going to start asking questions like "really? why would you want to do that?" or "I thought we were going to go out though?" If you keep calling her and keep trying to get her out it'll only make things worse because she's going to see that you'll just stick around and put up with her excuses no matter what, take a walk and live your life, and if she's interested she's not going to let you walk away.

SuSHI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya, but if she is shy, I am afraid she will not go out of her way to approach me. I want to try and ask her out one more time before school ends and see how that goes.
We are graduating and will probaly never see each other again.

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It just means she is available on wefnesday or thursday. All you have to do is chose, whta is so hard ahout that. You don't have to do both.

Premier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sushi,

Are you willing to put in the time to start something with a girl who, in you're words, you'll "probably never see again?"

Assuming she is shy, it would take some time to break down that shyness barrier and it seems that you just don't have the time for that kind of demolition.

Or maybe she's not willing to start a relationship right now with graduation looming ahead. Long distance is a difficult thing to overcome in a relationship. I personally had a hard time with it.

If it was me, I would forget about her and look for someone that you have some time to work with.