Is my idea of a good relationship properly moralistic or am i just kidding myself?

Poppin' Tags

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a belief that before any physical relationship should take place, there should be some kind of strong emotional connection. I think that a one night stand is like a scam... both to the girl and yourself. I have ****ed-- it was great, but not so necessary that I would go out and **** a girl without getting her name. To me the emotional and mental aspect of a relationship is at least as important as the physical part.

Then I have the rest of the male population around me grabbin' asses and taking numerous girls on one-night rides- or at least wanting to- and wanting NOTHING to do with the girl herself or her life. I think that if a girl is that uninteresting than you shouldnt be with her at all in the first place.

Personally I think of my current relationships as practice for the rest of my life. Maybe i am crazy, but I want to be in quite a few serious relationships so I know what is required and what to expect. Eventually I plan on finding a great girl (I mean in a long time) and settling down with her. I dont think that I will be happy if this girl has ****ed 20 guys who she never saw again. I would hope she would think the same towards me. Of course, this seems to be a hard expectation of most hot women because it seems like I am all alone in my beliefs here.

Outside of religious fanatics I dont think there are many that agree with me. I am not religious at all... but I am about as moralistic as an atheist can be.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude, i feel that way too, but in my opinion that is the way of teenagers today. It's about getting the experience of getting laid for most people, just so they can say "i've done it". I know 2 nice girls, who i feel stuff for, who havn't had sex, thats it. Two.

glad to know i'm not alone.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While not as 'moralistic' as you, we seem to share some opinions. For one, I also prefer LTRs to casual dating or one night stands. Secondly, someone mentioned that if the level of kino escalates in the early stages of relationship, it will most likely 'squash' the strong emotional bonds that would have developed otherwise. But I do not wholeheartedly agree with this opinion (the more I am attracted to a girl, the harder it is to keep my hands off her ;)). I jump from one LTR into another, because somehow emotional aspects play an equally important role for me, and try to let the physical and emotional sides grow together.

Zoso

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about what other people are doing, they just have different priorities than you. Wanting to have an emotional connection to the girl as well as a physical one just shows that you have principles and standards. This is a good thing - it will make the sex and the relationship all the more powerful, and the girls you find will be of better quality and character, with real personal value beyond their physical attributes.

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your thinkin it, and we're thinking it, there's other hotties that are thinking it.

HHloser2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by R3N3GAD3
If your thinkin it, and we're thinking it, there's other hotties that are thinking it.
Yep. And i agree with you. I like LTR over one night stands.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Physical vs emotional

you are trading one hollowness for another.

anyone else see the irony of this thread?

You guys like ltrs better than one night stands. Well then my friends how many ltrs have you had? How many of them now mean anything to you at all? And don't bullsh1t me because ill smell it on your breath. They dont mean sh1t to you now. Guess what a one-night stand would mean to you now.....sh1t.

Kidding yourself definitely sounds appropriate.

Disconnect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares what past LTRs mean now. I prefer to live for the process instead of the 'final accomplishment', or the 'goal'. Quite frankly, I find it much more enjoyable to spend time with a one girl for whom I have real feelings rather than casually seeing a few girls at a time towards whom I feel nothing. But that's just me. Most of my friends just want a hot piece of ass by their side, and I don't question them.

Reaction score
Just say "No" to Hos!!!

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jester
Physical vs emotional

you are trading one hollowness for another.

anyone else see the irony of this thread?

You guys like ltrs better than one night stands. Well then my friends how many ltrs have you had? How many of them now mean anything to you at all? And don't bullsh1t me because ill smell it on your breath. They dont mean sh1t to you now. Guess what a one-night stand would mean to you now.....sh1t.

Kidding yourself definitely sounds appropriate.
One night as opposed to 5 months? Both temporary. Both nothingness in the continuum of Time.