Is it over?

Respek777

Reaction score
I been dating this single mother of three for 2 months but lately she seems distant. She used to text and call me all the time but now I'm lucky if I hear from her once a day. Last week I asked her if everything was okay and she said it was. This past week when we talk on the phone it's like we'll talk for a couple of minutes then she ends it. She says she'll call me back but it's not until the next day........I've kept my composure and I haven't chased her. I understand if she's lost interest I mean we barely see each other but, if that's the case why not tell me? My question is do you think it's over? I think the answer is fairly obvious I just wanted some feedback

CuddleJunkie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your question is "why does she keep the relationship alive if she has lost interest?"
The answer is: she has yet to find a better deal, the moment she does, she will end things up. You better do it before she does, it will be healthier for you. Use the NC thread if needed.

Arcturus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she found a new guy but it is in the early stages so she's maintaining you in case it doesn't workout with him. People people pull back you should even more. The more you chase the more they will pull away.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I been dating this single mother of three for 2 months but lately she seems distant. She used to text and call me all the time but now I'm lucky if I hear from her once a day. Last week I asked her if everything was okay and she said it was. This past week when we talk on the phone it's like we'll talk for a couple of minutes then she ends it. She says she'll call me back but it's not until the next day........I've kept my composure and I haven't chased her. I understand if she's lost interest I mean we barely see each other but, if that's the case why not tell me? My question is do you think it's over? I think the answer is fairly obvious I just wanted some feedback
She won't tell you she has lost interest because they just don't do that. She wont be honest with her feelings until she is with the next guy and even then she will lie to you because it is what women do. She will branch swing to the next guy then blame everything on you.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dump her now......In my last relationship I could tell things were off but couldnt put my finger on it. Wouldn't respond in a timely manner. Wouldnt sit close to me like she always had. Became a bit bitchy. She dumped me eventually. It didn't feel good.

What is best for you is to kick her to the curb and move on. I wish I would have done that.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just echoing the other DJs here...start up your plate spinning engine, Respek777. Distancing, less and less contact, low IL, confusion, all of that leads to her following her female imperative to find the next branch to jump to.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Question that needs to be asked...did you Fvck her?

As always, the most important piece of information is left out with these...

Last edited:

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My question is do you think it's over?
Not quite, but it's in the final stages. She's probably in the "I hope he takes the hint" stage.

Back burner this one and focus on other girls. If she comes back on her own, she comes back. Otherwise it's done.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just echoing the other DJs here...start up your plate spinning engine, Respek777. Distancing, less and less contact, low IL, confusion, all of that leads to her following her female imperative to find the next branch to jump to.
Not to mention when they are "confused" and getting ready to branch swing, her friends will all be convincing her to jump on the next guy.

When their behaviour noticeably changes and you have to ask, it's never good.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a sign she's moving to another male.

Marmel is spot on! The first question is: "did you **** her"?

If not... than you beta-ed yourself. She's working to get you but you did ****. So she moves on

If yes, than she found a better candidate for provider status.

Read DjBible to improve your theory knowlege.

And like the other posters said: get more dates, more girls

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
It's evident from what you wrote that you spent way too much time with her. In two months you should be only seeing someone max eight times. Once a week is enough to give to any one woman (at the beginning it can naturally increase later WHEN you have a relationship) Just from what you're saying "she used to call me all the time but now I'm lucky if I hear from her once a day"......firstly how can you say what someone used to do....in the span of two months. And secondly, you consider yourself "lucky" to hear from her once a day. Lucky?

Sometimes you must look at possible cause and effect, and in this case you can surmise that you spend way too much time with her and the effect has been to lose interest in you. When you give them the kitchen sink from the beginning, they lose respect for you and TAKE YOU FOR GRANTED.

Why doesn't she just finish it? What does a cat do with a mouse before she kills it?

She toys with it

Respek777

Reaction score
Love the cat analogy. Yes I ****ed her. I met her through a coworker. I actually enjoyed her company outside of the bedroom. That's what drew me in. So I threw caution to the wind. I remember thinking to myself she can't be like ALL the other single mother's out there................ womp womp

ZTIME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Little brother consider yourself lucky. I've been in this exact situation. Unfortunately I stayed for 3.5 years. I was that "white night nice guy".
It turns my stomache to even think about it.

Single mothers are notorious branch swingers, using their vaginas like a Venus fly trap. They want your money, time, support, and a baby daddy.

By your post, you are the perfect prey for them. Super nice, always available to talk for hours on the phone, and easy to create a sense of self doubt in.

Don't be steered wrong here. Sex is never an important factor with a single mother as they will spread their legs to any and all potential suitors.

All right........I gotta stop writing about this as I think I just threw up in my mouth!

Run away!!!!!

Bayne05

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she found a new guy but it is in the early stages so she's maintaining you in case it doesn't workout with him.
I was about to say the same thing. Single mothers all have one thing in mind, marriage. If you dating her she'll stick by you until the next best thing shows up then she casts you aside. She won't dump you until she knows the other guy is a sure thing, if it doesn't work she'll fall back to you. Don't waste your time trying to figure out what's wrong when you already seeing the relationship going downhill otherwise you'll end up being the guy she "settles down for" after she gave up on her other options.