Is it gay for guys to get their tongue pierced?

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, having a piece of metal in your mouth instantly makes you a flaming gaylord. :crazy:

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm, all that homophobic behaviour here is more gay in my perception. If you like to get your tongue pierced, then for God sakes do it! I don't know how it would make it gay. I know a lot of gays and I don't know a single one with his tongue pierced.

But anyway, I think it can work out pretty good for you. I think a lot of girls would like to get eaten out by you! And it makes you stand out from other guys. It makes you original. Sure, some girls probably don't like it, but you just can't please everybody. If you only wear things that are a 100% accepted by all the straight guys than you will become a boring idiot. Do weird things. Stand out from the crowd.

PrinceBeavis

Banned
Reaction score
I think it'd be COOL! You can get a matching toe ring, and maybe even a butterfly tattoo on the small of your back!

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PrinceBeavis said:
I think it'd be COOL! You can get a matching toe ring, and maybe even a butterfly tattoo on the small of your back!
No, that's just plain stupid. You really think gays do that? What kind of freakin idiot are you? :confused:

PrinceBeavis

Banned
Reaction score
Guoy Darko said:
No, that's just plain stupid. You really think gays do that? What kind of freakin idiot are you? :confused:
Actually no. I DON'T think that. Gays wear a toe-ring, and chicks get tongue piercings, and lower back butterfly tattoos. It's a "composite insult."

What kind of idiot am I? One that's not smart enough to stay out of these bullcrap online pissing contests, where supposed "men" say things they wouldn't say to each other's faces.:rock:

Guoy Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PrinceBeavis said:
Actually no. I DON'T think that. Gays wear a toe-ring, and chicks get tongue piercings, and lower back butterfly tattoos. It's a "composite insult."

What kind of idiot am I? One that's not smart enough to stay out of these bullcrap online pissing contests, where supposed "men" say things they wouldn't say to each other's faces.:rock:
Well than don't. I know that girls wear toe rings, get their tongue pierced and have those cheesy butterfly tattoos. I know you were insulting him. But when guys do something that is a little more feminine than the average straight guy would do it's not immediately gay. A lot of guys, for example, paint their nails. Even Erik Von Markovik a.k.a. Mystery paints his nails. Are painted nails still considered gay? Well probably by conservative rednecks but I think the average open-minded person wouldn't think so. Hell, mystery even advises guys to do something about their image that makes them stand out from the crowd. Getting your tongue pierced as a guy is, I think, a perfect example of this.

Okay, I take it back when I asked if you were a freakin' idiot. It's just that what you said is too simple-minded in my opinion.

ConantheLibertarian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guoy Darko said:
Hmmmmmm, all that homophobic behaviour here is more gay in my perception. If you like to get your tongue pierced, then for God sakes do it! I don't know how it would make it gay. I know a lot of gays and I don't know a single one with his tongue pierced.

But anyway, I think it can work out pretty good for you. I think a lot of girls would like to get eaten out by you! And it makes you stand out from other guys. It makes you original. Sure, some girls probably don't like it, but you just can't please everybody. If you only wear things that are a 100% accepted by all the straight guys than you will become a boring idiot. Do weird things. Stand out from the crowd.
I agree things like a pierced tongue can cause you to stand out and give you some pop, but to do it just for the sake of standing out is the wrong reason to do it. Do it because that's what you want to do.

Me personally, I might go for a reasonably sized tattoo that only is shown in casual settings. I'm not a fan of the piercings. Besides, it seems like quite a few more are doing stuff like that, which can make you not as unique.

Mental

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BuildingSomethingBig said:
Batman would never have his tongue pierced.

So that's a yes or a no...

Remember, Batman had Robin around. Hmmm... an eccentric millionare taking an interest in your teenage boy. Especially when the first time they meet, the boy is in tights. Seems kind of wierd... heh heh heh.

Bruce, it's not gay, but like with other assumptions and stereotypes, you'll never hear the end of it. And be prepared for the gay jokes. If you can deal with that, fine.

I have three male buddies who lisp and act really effeminate sometimes. 1 of them being really flamboyant. And they're all happily married. I have another friend who dabbled, but you'd never know it, so... you'll have assumptions either way.

What also matters is your overall look.

My suggestion, if you choose to go ahead with getting a piercing, would be to look at places that do everything hygienically. Even then, be damned careful, because you can seriously mess things up if you get an infection.

Good luck with your decision.