is it bad to call the next day after getting a number?

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicks know about the three day rule now, so either wait a week or call the next day and say 'you know the man's supposed to wait three days before calling but I'm bored and your silly face just popped into my mind.' or somesuch.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
Chicks know about the three day rule now, so either wait a week or call the next day and say 'you know the man's supposed to wait three days before calling but I'm bored and your silly face just popped into my mind.' or somesuch.
Waiting a week, very bad idea. Calling her to tell her that her silly face popped into your head, good idea.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheNastyAfrican said:
If you wait three days but you're unconfident on the phone then you're worse off than the guy who called the next day but was extremely confident in what he was doing.
The main problem with the 3-days rule when applied by desperate AFCs is that they tend to build up so much expectation and pressure on themselves over the 3 days period, and when they make the call, it's friggin' D-Day and everything turns to sh!t.

Rise

Reaction score
To the girls, when I get a number, I usually sms the exact same night saying "nice to meet you", et cetera.

Then some days later I would message something like "fancy a drink on Tuesday night?".

Sound right, or am I missing something?

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The three day rule is a trick or a rule of thumb. A good trick may be useful for newbies, but this is not a good trick or a good rule of thumb. Just call the chick when you feel like it. In my experience, it's way easier to call a chick the same day or the next day than three days later. I have a lot going on in my life, I don't even remember a chick three days later. Honestly.

I recommend calling the same day.

Even better, when possible, don't number close but instead take the girl out somewhere immediately. This is effective and is less trouble than the phone number exchange, phone tag, conversation, schedule gridlocking, meeting, transportation, etc. etc.

I have never understood why this community has been so consistently against the insta-date. But that's another topic.

Izza

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
If a girl I was "realy interested in called my 6 times I wouls assume she really liked me adn wanted to tell me someting impiortant...LOL but that is cause I am a man and know how hard we have to work to find and get and keep a woman we really like.

Its amazing how quickly you women loose interest over the smallest thing it is frustrating.. its like cause you are constantly being offered attention you dont value it as much and that is one of the biggest problems with male female relationships in 08...
I don't know why I disagreed with you on this because you're really kind of saying the same thing. Being unavailable and unpredictable is something I totally agree with because what is being portrayed while doing it is that you aren't needy. You don't need a woman for affirmation and validation. Masculinity can't be received from a woman, and DJing is all about being a man.