Is it bad for a girl to be a Keeper?

seffabullut

Don Juan
Reaction score
I met a girl online. We're meeting next week but she's a bit conservative, do you think that's a bad thing?
She doesn't have a boyfriend (she doesn't want me to have a girlfriend), she's a bit against kissing or even sending pictures.
She hasn't even sent me a picture of herself in a bikini. She doesn't have an Instagram or anything.
It's actually a good thing but I question her being a bit conservative even for me

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, this is not a bad thing at all. You have already acknowledged that it is a good thing in your comment above.

You are 20 years old. I'm guessing she's 18-20.

It's possible that this woman is potential long term girlfriend or even wife material. She might hold herself to high standards. This is more of a good thing than a bad thing at 18-20. She could be trying to get the best long term deal she can get for herself while her sexual market value is highest. She has wisdom to do that in her late teens/early 20s rather than riding the penis carousel into her late 20s or 30s.

If you have a strong Thrill of the Hunt inclination, she might not be the best fit for you if she is mostly seeking monogamous LTRs that have a good chance in resulting in marriage.

See where this goes.

seffabullut

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, this is not a bad thing at all. You have already acknowledged that it is a good thing in your comment above.

You are 20 years old. I'm guessing she's 18-20.

It's possible that this woman is potential long term girlfriend or even wife material. She might hold herself to high standards. This is more of a good thing than a bad thing at 18-20. She could be trying to get the best long term deal she can get for herself while her sexual market value is highest. She has wisdom to do that in her late teens/early 20s rather than riding the penis carousel into her late 20s or 30s.

If you have a strong Thrill of the Hunt inclination, she might not be the best fit for you if she is mostly seeking monogamous LTRs that have a good chance in resulting in marriage.

See where this goes.
Actually, I want only one person, but I want her to be open to me. She gets bored when the subject comes up. She even gets angry with me.
On the one hand I like it but on the other hand I don't know if it's true. I somehow made it up to her but it was 2. If I bring up the subject again she will probably get upset.
I thought we would meet face to face and move a little slower. I live in Turkey. While people are open in the West, they are more conservative in the East.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Turkey.
Turkey has a different dating culture than the United States, where I reside.

Actually, I want only one person, but I want her to be open to me. She gets bored when the subject comes up. She even gets angry with me.
On the one hand I like it but on the other hand I don't know if it's true.
I am perceiving some mixed signals, which aren't good in any culture.

inquisitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I want only one person, but I want her to be open to me. She gets bored when the subject comes up. She even gets angry with me.
On the one hand I like it but on the other hand I don't know if it's true. I somehow made it up to her but it was 2. If I bring up the subject again she will probably get upset.
That sounds like a sh!t test. It is your choice to take your time with her, get to know her more, allow more time spent between you together to let her open up to you more, and discover who she truly is.

In the meantime, if she seems like she's the best option (and she might really be), you can also just date other girls and prove for yourself if what you think is right.

parabellum

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t know anything about dating culture in Turkey. Could you tell us a bit about how things go there?

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope you are not getting catfished. If you met online and you haven’t met her, at least make sure she is real. If she hasn’t send you any pictures how would you know how she looks like?

Which brings me to my next point, why would a girl send you a picture of her in a bikini if she doesn’t even know you? Are you demanding these pictures and is she being compensated somehow?

holidayad_

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why it would be a bad thing for a girl to be a keeper?

It is something that we, as men, are looking for.

These days, this type of chick it's like a gem.

However, as @SW15 mentioned, you just need to figure out what you want and see where it leads.

nelysses

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t know anything about dating culture in Turkey. Could you tell us a bit about how things go there?
I can honestly say that many girls have Western imitations.
There is also a lot of male imitations of being a hunk and a badboy.
It has decreased with the spread of old money on Instagram, but especially in holiday resorts, you will see 7 out of 10 men with fresh cuts.

Normally, when we say Turkey, people think of Arab countries, but it is not like that.
Big cities are similar to the West because of the admiration for the West. Especially if you are in holiday resorts, you will not feel like a stranger at all. Even my friends who never talked to a boy when they were at school feel more comfortable in a holiday resort. Because you see that person for a week and never see him again.

In daily life, there is a more mixed culture. I will be honest, I don't know how girls are for tourists, but I can say that it is more difficult for men here. In fact, this is both an advantage and a disadvantage.

Sexuality was a big taboo in the country for years. It still is. Not only sexuality, some people even make fun of girls wearing shorts on the subway. As a result of this, sexuality can sometimes be a taboo. Women do not have sex with many people. Men have a hard time reaching sexuality. This is actually a bad situation, but if you have outstanding features, maybe you can get more women, I don't know :D

But as I mentioned, there are club and bar cultures in big cities etc.
For example, I am from a small place and there is no club in my city. There is not even a place that serves alcohol.
In fact, I feel very inexperienced and late for this.

If you are going to Turkey, you will probably come for a holiday anyway and I think you will not feel too foreign in those places.
My purpose in writing this is definitely not to badmouth the country. The fact that men have difficulty accessing sex and women are seen as bad can make sex seem ridiculous.
As a result, people either become (or seem to become) conservative or they get together with too many people in order to break this conservativeness.
While some men get women, the other part (I am here too, usually) does not reach many women.

In fact, I saw a video recently. A Turkish woman goes to England and tells her Tinder experience. "When I swipe right in Turkey, I get matched with 99% of the men, while in England, I have had many men reject me," she says.

seffabullut

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope you are not getting catfished. If you met online and you haven’t met her, at least make sure she is real. If she hasn’t send you any pictures how would you know how she looks like?

Which brings me to my next point, why would a girl send you a picture of her in a bikini if she doesn’t even know you? Are you demanding these pictures and is she being compensated somehow?
There are photos of her on our campus. Also, it's been 2-3 weeks and we take pictures every day.

She has 100 followers etc. etc. I'm sure she's real.

I didn't ask for a photo for no reason. The topic was about the color of her bikini and I was curious and asked for it. She said she never wears a bikini outside, she only wears it when she goes to girls' pools.
She said she can't post it because it's a bit revealing.

Why it would be a bad thing for a girl to be a keeper?

It is something that we, as men, are looking for.

These days, this type of chick it's like a gem.

However, as @SW15 mentioned, you just need to figure out what you want and see where it leads.
You're right, I think so too. I was a little upset that he was so conservative even towards me. But I guess he's right. After all, we haven't even met properly yet.

I hope I didn't break his trust etc.

Agamemnon43

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I'm sure she's real"

"She hasn't even sent me photos of her in a bikini"

Relax, bro. Meet the girl first.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
A keeper?

You have not even met her yet. And even once you do it will take AT LEAST 6-12 months to determine that once you become exclusive with her.

Are guys really so desperate they decide these things without even meeting the women now??

Stop the insanity please. This girl is NOTHING to you right now and you surely don't know if she is a "keeper" or not, nor will you for quite some time.

All you know is that she is telling you she is who she wants you to believe she is. You will have to go in with your eyes wide open to see if she is telling the truth or is lying.