Is it AFC to keep tabs on girls?

ZhaoYun

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was speaking with my friend the other day about how he handles his girlfriend. He pretty much told me he kept her on "lock down" and always know where she's at. He told me he usually calls her and gets very detailed feedback from her on what she's doing when they're not together. Sometimes if he's not busy and in her general area, he'll drive by where she claims to be just to confirm. Also, he'll even invite himself over if she's hanging out with her friends just to see who else is there and obviously chill with them.

When he told me this I was like ..wtf?! I thought the secret was to give them space, however he's been with this chick for two years now and told me he's done this same sh*t since day one. I'm guessing there's a lack of trust and she's willing to deal with it because she did f up early on in their relationship and she's trying to win the trust back.

Is this kind of behavior macho or AFC? It seems to be effective for him. (He also has other girls on the side but considers this one to be his girlfriend)

ZhaoYun

Don Juan
Reaction score
wondering if this is afc behavior or if he's just a pimp.

manonfire

Don Juan
Reaction score
ZhaoYun said:
I was speaking with my friend the other day about how he handles his girlfriend. He pretty much told me he kept her on "lock down" and always know where she's at. He told me he usually calls her and gets very detailed feedback from her on what she's doing when they're not together. Sometimes if he's not busy and in her general area, he'll drive by where she claims to be just to confirm. Also, he'll even invite himself over if she's hanging out with her friends just to see who else is there and obviously chill with them.

When he told me this I was like ..wtf?! I thought the secret was to give them space, however he's been with this chick for two years now and told me he's done this same sh*t since day one. I'm guessing there's a lack of trust and she's willing to deal with it because she did f up early on in their relationship and she's trying to win the trust back.

Is this kind of behavior macho or AFC? It seems to be effective for him. (He also has other girls on the side but considers this one to be his girlfriend)

It's not necesarily AFC but it is by no means a cool thing to do. Anyway you slice this guy comes off as an insecure chump.
His gf is obviously just insecure as she puts up with it.

Faded Image

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
manonfire said:
It's not necesarily AFC but it is by no means a cool thing to do. Anyway you slice this guy comes off as an insecure chump.
His gf is obviously just insecure as she puts up with it.
Dude, this is a perfect example of what AFC-ness is.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its insecure behavior.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your friend is an Average Frustrated Chump, and his woman will one day realize how miserable she is. Maybe she doesn't realize it yet, but once she gets a taste of freedom with the right guy, then he's over. Just wait and watch.

governor

Don Juan
Reaction score
DonGorgon said:
Yes and it is a complete waste of time that should be being used to go get more girls...lol
Exactly. Does he not have a life? I'm sure I can speak for others when I say, even if I did have time do this (I don't), it wouldn't even cross my mind b/c what I'm doing is most of the time a whole lot more interesting than whatever she's doing.

In fact, what is most AFC about this situation (in my mind) is the fact he did not drop her back when she "f'd up" at the beginning of the relationship. Instead, he chose to stick around and instead spends what sounds like a lot of his free time checking up on her. While I don't know the details, if it was big enough for him to start acting like a creepy, insecure little kid it was probably big enough for him to scram.

The fact that he has other girls in no way dilutes the fact that he's running around without his balls.

Governor

DJVladdy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your friend is a pimp.

He enjoys ONWING the woman. He loves the power.

defintion of PIMP.

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well, answer me this...

would you want YOUR girl calling YOU all the time asking you where you're at? No? Then it's not cool.

J Roc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJVladdy said:
Your friend is a pimp.

He enjoys ONWING the woman. He loves the power.

defintion of PIMP.
hes not apimp. pimps makes their women turn tricks and collect money from them. this guy is just an jealous insecure b1tch.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's lame as hell. what's ironic is that kind of behavior either crushes your girl's self-esteem or directs her to that boiling point where she eventually cheats on you or dumps you

not pimp at all

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it AFC to keep tabs on girls?
No, that's why we have MySpace and Facebook. As for the guy in the op's story, he's not a pimp and he's not an AFC. He's a budding sociopath, aspiring to get himself locked down in the lockup for domestic abuse.

SkillzthatKillz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there is nothing wrong with being protective of your women. A lot of women i date kinda like it, it shows you care. But dont go over board like this guy. He must be really insecure.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
governor said:
In fact, what is most AFC about this situation (in my mind) is the fact he did not drop her back when she "f'd up" at the beginning of the relationship.
I agree 100%.