Is it a Self confidence thing or am I nervous?

tpntch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I will start off that I am 16, and a sophomore in high school. It's not that girls don't want to talk to me, they just say I am really quiet. I get reallllly shy for some reason around girls I am intimidated by. I know a girl that really wants to hang around with me at lunch, but I don't want to say yeah yet because I start stuttering sometimes or I just stay very quiet. How can I get over this? I get lots of looks, but I am too shy to go up to a girl and talk to her if I don't have a reason too.

TY!

tpntch

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would also like to mention that I think it's just I am afraid of saying something stupid, I am not shaky or anything around them

Prophett

Don Juan
Reaction score
somewhere in-between where I started and where I a
Yeah, it's natural around girls you are really attracted to. Just push yourself to talk man. The first few times you'll probably say dumb **** and knock ureself over the head for it but don't let it get you down. Just keep it up and you'll be cool and calm with these brids in no time!

Take it from me, a person who had social anxiety meaning I had you're reaction in situations with not only girls but with everyone, it'll get better.

Sir Lancelot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Prophett
Yeah, it's natural around girls you are really attracted to. Just push yourself to talk man. The first few times you'll probably say dumb **** and knock ureself over the head for it but don't let it get you down. Just keep it up and you'll be cool and calm with these brids in no time!

Take it from me, a person who had social anxiety meaning I had you're reaction in situations with not only girls but with everyone, it'll get better.
That's exactly how it is. Once you first start talking and try to be more outgoing you'll probably fumble your words and say something stupid. But the more you do it, the better you get at it. Practice makes perfect.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Lancelot
Practice makes perfect.
This is exactly the case.
Practice.
Go to the mall and start coversations with the female employees there. they are paid to be nice to you. then talk to random shoppers, whether they be male, female, young, old, etc. Then start talkin to HBs. Practice.