Is Instagram required at this point?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that instagram, if you are at least mildly socially active can boost your shot especially with the so so girls, as she will see that actually you are an interesting guy and might reconsider you
Whereas your phone number will be just one of the many crowding her phone for attention. At least you don't have to remind her who you are if she has your IG.

Sinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
She showed you 58 unread messages? From different people? So she gives her number around but not to you specifically, interesting.
No she showed me the home screen with 56 over the text icon on iphone. I've seen people I know personally with that if they subscribe to a bunch of **** they get texts.

Either way I knew what was up, If a girl does not immediately say yes I'm out.

Sinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: "Do you have instagram? "

Translation: "Do you have an app where I have total power & control over you?"

You can't win this game if you say yes.
It's a major sh!t test.
You gotta say something ballsy at this point because she's trying to suck you into her frame.

"How about we quit wasting each other's time and give me your fvcking phone number."

That is exactly my line of thought. As I said in my opener you just become another "DM" in this day and age.

Ill have to try something more direct next time because I'm sure as hell gonna get hit with this again.

NealIRC

Banned
Reaction score
This was not the 1st time you met this grocery store cashier right? She must have seen you for months?

Sinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
This was not the 1st time you met this grocery store cashier right? She must have seen you for months?

I see her very rarely as I don't stop in to this one that often. Did I miss something with her?

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IG allows women to screen men for the big 3. Looks, money, status. You have to remember these women are getting bombarded daily with options, and their hypergamy wants them to go with the best option. To answer your question, if you want to date in todays market (especially with younger women), yes, it's a requirement.

radha

Don Juan
Reaction score
I date a lot of women who are highly educated high iq and none of these types of women have an IG addiction. At most they have an IG that is private for only their close friends and could care less that I don't have one. So basically if you want to date average to low iq women then yes IG can sometimes be helpful but if you aspire to end up with a girl who isn't a moron than IG is useless.

jhonny9546

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How would you view women who, while in a relationship or married, who own a "normal" instagram account, with photos of their partner and child, and other normal pictures, still like the highlights and pictures of other men? (Not celebrities, but someone from their social circle or someone nearby.)

My theory is that these women are indicating that they are fine with their current partner, but the men they "idealize" or "wanted to marry" are the ones they choose to put those likes. Additionally, they might use the "like" system to keep these men in their "categories", showing interest and potentially keeping them as a "Plan B" for the future.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IG allows women to screen men for the big 3. Looks, money, status. You have to remember these women are getting bombarded daily with options, and their hypergamy wants them to go with the best option. To answer your question, if you want to date in todays market (especially with younger women), yes, it's a requirement.
not mandatory when you cold approach as the girl can screen you on the spot, but of course having a good instagram account doesn't hurt.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instagram is absolutely garbage, nobody needs it for any purpose. I think we already hit peak instagram and folks are realizing what a terrible thing it truly is.