Is height important?

Martin001

Reaction score
I'm quite a short guy and i'm questioning whether height is something women see as important when selecting a male partner? Can the small guy really score with any girl he likes or just midgets smaller than himself. I've heard about the whole pyschological thing that girls feel more protected by a taller guy.
What do u guys think?

The Real Man

Banned
Reaction score

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had quite a few girls say that they prefer guys who are taller than them for various reasons. I've even had a few say that they outright won't date guys who are shorter than them.

I've never heard one say she prefers shorter men.

I'm 6'2" and I know that in the past my height has definitely worked to my advantage with at least 2 LTR's.

Your height will definitely be a negative as far as some women go, but not all of them, or even the majority of them. There are still plenty of women out there who will see your other features and characteristics as more important than being tall, so don't worry about it.

heater528

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes height does matter, my best friend is 5ft4 and complains all the time.. in my opinion hes not at all bad looking girls just dont go for him because of his height, hes confident has a great job and very outgoing... height is his only flaw, but he does get action he just has to try alot harder and take more chances.

KCGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
It will matter to some extent , but not as much as us short guys think. Im 5'7 , not tall by any means , and im on the lean side , but that hasen't hurt my chances with the ladies. I have dated a few girls , inlcuding my current girl , who are taller than me (my current girl is 5'10!) . Short guys like us tend to overemphasize our height , probably because we feel the need to overcompensate in order to compete with the bigger fellas. Just take your height in stride and be more appreciative of the girls you date from now on out. It shows that they aren't as shallow as other women. Besides , as a fellow lowlander , im sure you've developed a killer personality to compensate for you height. I know I have :cool:

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at one point dating a girl 7 to 8 inches taller then myself. In my opinion, height doesn't matter.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Martin001,

Its a game of numbers, the girl likes this, she dislikes that. I'll give yout he honest truth, you're shorter, one strike against you, you're shorter and you're intimidated by it, two strikes against you, you're shorter and comfortable with it, no strikes against you.

Here are the facts, YES, women like taller men. If they could pick between you and your genetically engineered 6' tall twin, they'd pick your twin. But if you're there next to some tall guy and you are more confident and interesting, then YOU will close the deal, not the other guy. What concerns height, women interpret tall men as more confident, attractive, better to protect, manly, driven, and possibly succesful. But! All that doesn't mean shit if a tall guy comes in there and fucks it all up with his clueless ways. By being shorter, you may not be the first guy to be checked out by ladies, but thats irrelevant, if you stay here and learn you're the one who's leaving with them. My friend is 5'4-5'5 and he gets plenty of women (tall ones too!).

Which leads me to ask, how tall are you?

Last edited:

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well im 6'4 and the women still dont jump through hoops for me.

Martin001

Reaction score
I'm 5"6 possibly 5"7. It has been interesting hearing from u guys. I guess i just got to get down to the gym and get out there, make the best of what i got. It could be worse, i could be ugly as well as short! haha
Thanks guys
Martin

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Im like 5'10 id say so im pretty confident in my height. I cant fuccing stand short guys who act like they have something to prove, muther fuccers with napoleon syndrome..need to get smacked down.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you need to reframe your thoughts on these negative issues. i hear it all the time. it's not just about physical attributes.

"why don't girls talk to me"

"why can't i get a girl"

"girls don't like short guys"

"girls don't like TALL guys"

"girls don't like bald guys"

THAT IS HORRIBLE THINKING!!! YOU NEED TO REFRAME THESE QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS

"why don't girls talk to me" should be "how can i make women want to talk to me"

"why can't i get a girl" should be "how can i project myself as a valuable man so that girls will feel attraction for me"

"girls don't like short guys" should be "attraction is only based on 10% - 20% of physical appearance. how can i make myself more attractive by improving my GAME."

and so on and so on....

stop focusing on the negative aspects and reframe it in a positive light. you will accomplish far more.

joey37

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Knicknack
you need to reframe your thoughts on these negative issues. i hear it all the time. it's not just about physical attributes.

"why don't girls talk to me"

"why can't i get a girl"

"girls don't like short guys"

"girls don't like TALL guys"

"girls don't like bald guys"

THAT IS HORRIBLE THINKING!!! YOU NEED TO REFRAME THESE QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS

"why don't girls talk to me" should be "how can i make women want to talk to me"

"why can't i get a girl" should be "how can i project myself as a valuable man so that girls will feel attraction for me"

"girls don't like short guys" should be "attraction is only based on 10% - 20% of physical appearance. how can i make myself more attractive by improving my GAME."

and so on and so on....
I'm 6'5" tall. I think it's helped me in some situations and hurt me in others. There is a point where you start to intimidate with your height. But tall chicks tend to dig me...even some smaller ones. My preferred height for a girl is between 5'4 and 5'6
stop focusing on the negative aspects and reframe it in a positive light. you will accomplish far more.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Joey, you're 6'5 and you want women between 5'4 and 5'6? You're not uncomfortable with the height diff?

I'm 6'2 and I think 5'10 is perfect height, shorter than 5'5 I don't want.

Anyway, FreeStyleZ, like I said, its a game of #s. You don't attract women solely on height. Maybe there's some other reason. Anyway, women are MORE attracted to guys if looking solely at height, there's a lot of factors that go into it so my point is don't think the game is over by looking at one factor that you cant change.

akindofblue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at one point dating a girl 7 to 8 inches taller then myself. In my opinion, height doesn't matter.
A girl who is seven to eight inches taller than a guy is likely pretty tall herself. I saw a lot of girls when I worked retail, and let me tell you, the ones over 6' were more likely to cave in and go for the shorter guys. Afterall, the pool of available guys who was going to be taller than they were in heals was next to zip. Most of these taller girls weren't extremely feminine or curvaceous, either. So they caved out of necessity.

For most girls, however, height definitely matters. I've heard several girls say, "He seems like a great guy, but too short." And that was the end of it.

Your job is to go out and find the girl who is going to accept you at your height. Don't let it get in your way, but don't get particularly discouraged when you ask out the 5'9" knockout who seemed interested and then suddenly went cold.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Height matters alright, but nowhere near as much as you let it. Sounds corny, but it's true.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'7". I got chatting to a girl the other day in the pub - we talked for a while and when we got up to go at closing time, she looked me up and down and said 'oh...you looked much taller sitting down!'

What I mean is if you're short you can give the impression of being taller - don't stoop, don't rush around fussily like a Woody Allen or a Joe Pesci character, just be cool with it and think of all the really cool short guys like Humphrey Bogart , Al Pacino etc etc etc.

Panther

Don Juan
Reaction score
Other things being equal, height is a quite important factor.

BUT it's probably the only thing about ourselves that we can not change!

So why worry about the one thing that we can't change

If you focus on everything else, and improve on those, then you'd be much better than the average tall guy

I think that's the reason that a lot of really successful men in history had been shorter than average: we need to compensate by improving everything else, and we end up better off :)

ThePanther

mikel

Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes, it matters alot more than most people want to admit. But one thing girls DEFINATELY dont like is the "little man" syndrome, those 5-5' guys that just want to brawl with anyone taller than them and have a ****y attitude.

But a large majority of girls are shorter than 5-5', I think the average is 5-3'.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Knicknack
Sorry dude, thats total and utter b/s.

And how on earth did you work that figure out?

Do you have access to fully comprehensive, infallible statistical analysis of all human behaviour?