Is anyone out of a DJ-er's league?

Antedeus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I figured that this would be an interesting quasi-philosophical question for you, O my fellow DJ-ers. Once a guy manages to exorcize his inner AFC, if he really wants the hands-down-might-as-well-be-a-matter-for-legislation-hottest girl at school, should he go for her? Even if he gets turned down, should he take the chance, and even go into it just to accumulate experience and also show himself that even the HB10's are regular girls?

Or should he know his limits, save himself the trouble, and work his way up?

I'm certain I'll get a few interesting responses out of this thread by the time it dies. ^_^

Mintyfresh

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd go for it. Infact im trying to mack a HB whos a model right now lol. I figure why the hell not, im good looking and any chick should be damn lucky for me to be interested in them as opposed to some run of the mill jerk-off who knows nothing about attracting women.

Also she's just a human, one day you'll both be dead and it wouldn't have mattered if you did or didn't try to go for the hottest chicks possible.

Research nihilism. It's a brilliant philosophy.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You ever run into a hot chick whos bf is a ugly,clueless guy? I have seen this twice in high school and they both happened because they were the only ones who had the balls and tried to approach them.

Sargeholic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure there is...its not like Angelina Jolie is going to dump Brad Pitt for someone here.

There are also a lot of happily married women and those with boyfriends who really are pretty unattainable at this time. Not every woman is chomping at the bit to cheat, even if her guy is AFC.

Most single, attractive women ARE attainable. Many taken ones are too. There should be no reason people here can't get 9s and 10s who are at least somewhat available.

I know its bad to have limiting beliefs, but it is also an arrogant fool's errand to think you can get anyone. Even movie stars can't. A lot of times you have lost a set before you even open it, because it was impossible, so don't feel bad.

But ya, hottest girl in your high school, its totally possible. Its still a relatively small pond.

Antedeus

Don Juan
Reaction score
A point of clarification - this is less about me in particular and more "in-general." Just so you guys don't get the wrong idea. ~_^

Not that I won't take encouragement from what you say, and I hope others do, too.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mintyfresh

Also she's just a human, one day you'll both be dead and it wouldn't have mattered if you did or didn't try to go for the hottest chicks possible.

Research nihilism. It's a brilliant philosophy.
Nihilism would be more giving up because nothing matters, a pretty negative philosophy. Check out Existentialism.

the_reader

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol yep existentialism would be more correct since they believe that everything that happens is a result of our choices. Ontological Anxiety occurs when we're afraid of the unkown future and thus take the safest path... and the opposite is Ontological Guilt where you regret taking the safe route and what to know what could've happend.

there now you can spice up this knowledge and "impress" your date with all your psych stuff haha

that might put them to sleep... but w/e it's general knowledge for you then.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey the_reader, are you a psych or philosophy student?

I need a hand with some things which have been ping ponging off my brain lately, good v evil, what defines morality an all that. I'v decided to live my life as an ethical man, but what the hell is right?.. religion,laws,conscience ..running around in circles.

Antedeus

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a hard question to answer, since, let's face it: ethics differ from person to person.

For me, at least (even though I know you didn't ask for mine, but that's just tough:p), ethics stem from my belief that each individual's purpose in life is to serve one another - and by serving each other, we will be rewarded - not just in the next life, but in this life, as well. Now, since we're imperfect beings, it's impossible to do that consistently or adequately, and besides that, we aren't always afforded the opportunity to be altruistic. Also, let's face it: folks don't always do unto others as they would have done to them. They won't always scratch your back just because you scratched theirs.

But here's the beautiful part of it: doing your best, and being able to say to yourself, "I did my best, regardless of how it turned out," is its own reward. John Wooden, the legendary coach of the UCLA basketball team in the 70's, got me hooked onto this line of thinking when I saw him speak at my school last year (Occidental College). Taking the path that avoids regret is my way of both making myself happy and doing the ethical thing; if I can say in all honesty that I've done my best, then what can I possibly regret?

This isn't a call to aesceticism, mind you; although our primary goal should be to serve others so that our needs will be cared for in return, this doesn't mean that we shouldn't take care of ourselves, where needed. After all, what good are we to society, to our fellow man, to the love of our life, to our children, to God - in short, to whomever we serve - if we allow our body, or our mind, or our spirit, to fall into a state of decline?

Anyway, that's why I believe one should be ethical: because, as Plato argues in The Republic, it's simply satisfying to be good to others, and it's unsatisfying to be unjust.

This fits in perfectly with the DJ philosophy; in fact, it's about the biggest confidence booster I can really imagine, knowing that doing my best is not only satisfying, but also a goal that I can definitely attain.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Originally posted by Chillisauce
Nihilism would be more giving up because nothing matters, a pretty negative philosophy. Check out Existentialism.
Do yourselves a favor and read "Irrational Man" by William Barrett if you want the skinny on modern Existentialism as it relates to the 20th century and beyond.

Keirkeggard, Camus and Sarte are the giants of the Existentialist movement in my opinion.

Antedeus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by KarmaSutra
Keirkeggard, Camus and Sarte are the giants of the Existentialist movement in my opinion.
Indeed, although it should be noted that Kierkegaard, though generally considered to be the founder of existentialism, really is the odd man out in that list, as a Christian.

...well, and the fact that he lived and died a hundred years before the others. ~_^ Still, he's my favorite out of the three - I guess because I feel I can take more hope out of his work than the other two's.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Antedeus
I figured that this would be an interesting quasi-philosophical question for you, O my fellow DJ-ers. Once a guy manages to exorcize his inner AFC, if he really wants the hands-down-might-as-well-be-a-matter-for-legislation-hottest girl at school, should he go for her? Even if he gets turned down, should he take the chance, and even go into it just to accumulate experience and also show himself that even the HB10's are regular girls?

Or should he know his limits, save himself the trouble, and work his way up?

I'm certain I'll get a few interesting responses out of this thread by the time it dies. ^_^
Of course he should, not only because a 10 shouldn't be any "higher" on a pedestal in his mind than an 8 or a 7, but for his own personal satisfactiON. If a particular Don considers any girl "too high off his scale", he needs to take a look at why he feels that way and why his self esteem is that low.

A Don's attitude should not be as focused around a 1-10 scale as around a one-question scale - "would I bang her without alcohol in me?" If the answer is yes, go for it.

Get on AIM.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Know what you want, get what you want.

I feel that the community's perceptions of 1-10 are irrelevant, as long as you like what you see and you would lay pipe to it.