Is 5'8 considered short for a male?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty sure the last study I read said that the average height for American males was around 5"10-11 and in Europe it was about 2 inches taller. Either way, when in reference to women, it doesn't matter as much as you think it does. I'm a short guy and I seem to attract more interest from taller women than short.

DismantleRepair

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm Asian, 5'7". A bit shorter than my caucasian friends, but I was quite pleased with myself when our family went to the Philippines over Christmas and I was waaayyy taller than most people. I remember standing in a line for fast food, thinking "something's wrong here... wait! I'm taller than everyone here! Rock on!"

Python

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6ft0.75in tall (measured it dead accurately) and sometimes feel short where i live. That being said, there are 2-4 guys around who are shorter than me than there is for every guy taller.

My guess is the average English guy is easily 5'11. I do think being tall is a huge advantage.

But at the end of the day the biggest player I know, my uncle, was only 5"6 always had women.

Jaxon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lordson said:
i would say that yeah, anything under 5'10'' is short

i cannot belive you americans still use the imperial system

why do you have to decode 2 numbers, when one will do

168cm
Because 168 is 2 numbers whereas 510 is 3, right?

Anyway I'd say 5'8" is a lil short but it's not a big deal. There's a lot of cute shorties out there that'd dig a dude that height.

Moofahsa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think height does wonders for your "inner" game, makes you feel superior to other males. Personally I don't see it as much of an advantage. I am 6'8" shoeless and I feel very out of place most of the time. I know it has its advantages, but when you are on the other end of the spectrum it is a hassle. Cars, clothes, no doggy style unless shes tall, always having a bump on your head from hitting it on a door frame...it is really a hassle. Only advantage I have noticed is no one forgets you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.