Internet girl playing hard to get with her phone number, but she wants mine...

otr4

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've met a few girls online and had pretty good success. Usually, after a few e-mails, I'm able to get their number and hook up. This new girl I've been working on for the past few weeks won't give up her phone number, but she has asked for mine.
In the "non-internet world" I would never even think about giving my number to a girl before I got hers (because it would be a sure sign that she isn't interested). However, in the internet game it's a little different, in my opinion. This girl continues to write me back and has asked for my number (which I think shows interest) and the whole "internet predator" idea might scare off young women from just giving out their phone number to people they don't know well. (Also, this girl is almost 6 years younger than me).
Should I give her my number? Or should I continue to try and get hers? If so, how should I go about convincing her to hand over her digits?
Advice is appreciated, especially guys who have some experience with this type of thing directly.

Thraxeh

Don Juan
Reaction score
u dont mind me asking how old you are ? 6years is a big differnce if ur 20 or under, and may make it hard if ur 20

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't sweat it, you'll come off like a stalker. You can't blame women for being a little reluctant to give out a number to a perfect stranger.

Just give her your number, but if she doesn't call in a few days, stop emailing her or having any contact.

This happened to me once and the girl called me the day after I gave her my number.

If she's just doing this as a flake, you'll find out soon enough.

Capi Crimini

Banned
Reaction score
"internet predator" idea might scare off young women from just giving out their phone number to people they don't know well.
She could be a guy faking it as a girl:D

how old are you? 6 years... lol that could be a 5 year old dating a embryo

ToughGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
OTR,
If she had emailed you couple of time then she is comfortable, and if she really interested she "MUST" also be willing to take some risk by giving her number to hook up to her.

And if she doesn't give her number then you don't need her.

Don't give her your no. she will respect you more. that you are not like a hungry desperate dog.

yours
Tuffy

Last edited:

otr4

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone--
I'm 24 and this girl is 18.
MORE ADVICE PLEASE!

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't sweat it, you'll come off like a stalker. You can't blame women for being a little reluctant to give out a number to a perfect stranger.
Yes, give her your number - don't worry about getting hers at this point.
And keep in mind she's only 18 .

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you met her on a bulletin board or a chat room, theres a high chance thats its a little 10 year old kid playing around. It happens alot. If it is a pay website like match.com or eHarmony its probably real. Dont waste too much time on it.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by otr4
Hey everyone--
I'm 24 and this girl is 18.
MORE ADVICE PLEASE!
Stop wasting your time and just leave her alone. More than likely she doesn't know what she wants and is just loving all of the attention you are giving her.

Face it, if she liked you enough, she would go out of her way to make herself available to you. Why waste time on anything that isn't even somewhat of a sure thing, especially on the Internet.

Now don't get me wrong, I've sarged on the Net for years and have been more successful than most. However the thing that I do is qualify, qualify qualify.

I don't have time for games. More times than not, I don't even ask for her phone number. We chat a couple of times and then I set up a get together. Trust me, if she's truly interested, she'll agree. This one won't even give you a phone number, why are you letting her play you like an AFC?

otr4

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia--
How is this girl playing me like an AFC?
I've met girls online and had quite a bit of success myself.
I've even ended up in relationships with a few of them, and these are girls who didn't IMMEDIATELY give me their number.
Also, can't you empathize at all with the fact this is a younger girl who might be a little apprehensive about giving out her number to a guy she's only written a few e-mails to?
Comments?

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She has your number so she'll call you if she's interested which I doubt will happen.

If I were you I'd ignore her and not reply to any of her future e-mails and wait to see if she calls you. If she's truly interested in you then she'll realize your slipping away and she'll pursue you. WHen she does call try to set up a meeting. If she is leary about meeting up then ditch her.