Internal battle

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm hoping this kicks in and I know I can forsake my own happiness for the success of my family. I think when she starts showing ad it becomes more real, my instincts and natural inclination for family will kick in.
This is the wrong mindset.You don't need to "foresake your own happiness" you need to transition into finding other things that give you as much happiness or more.

Otherwise the shadow will be coming for you eventually and there is no stopping it.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't lie, had the 12-week scan yesterday and she looked so beautiful, laying there, carrying my child.

My baby looking strong and healthy, wriggling around in her belly. I'm a changed man.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Murk I am pulling for you, and thank you for the honest thread

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Murk I am pulling for you, and thank you for the honest thread
Thanks bro, this forum is like a stream of consciousness/therapy for me. It's served it's purpose over the years. The more mature posters especially have guided my life for the better and I can never thank you guys enough for that. I find being honest here easier than in real life so the advice I get is very poignant and I take it all in. I rather seem weak to you guys and work on my shortcomings than f*ck my actual life up.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just as we like to believe the women we start dating are not sleeping with / dating other men

Women like to believe the men they are planning to marry aren't thinking or wanting to sleep with other women

But everyone still does it on the sly ......just darker / natural sides of human nature

Comes down to the boundaries you set , I was in a LTR she was a bit difficult to pin down but eventually became a really good girlfriend , but I was immature and horny I wanted other women and I went and got them the relationship eventually fell to bits

Now I'm older I realise that the women and sex are always going to be there , I have to be self developed enough to say I am happy with what I've got ...