Interesting question about demographics

Powerlock

Reaction score
I have a question for the Sosuave Gurus that have traveled the good ol' USA a bit. Basically, I would like to know from guys that have traveled and lived in different places around the US if the game changes from place to place, or is it basically the same everywhere? The reason I ask is that I find myself in a bit of a predicament. I am late twenties, six figure income, no debt aside from a mortgage that I put a large down payment on, no kids, not ugly (but I don't stand out either - maybe a solid 5), work out, cool hobbies etc... However, I find myself in a place where according to the 2000 US census there are 115 males per 100 females in the 25-35 demographic.
Now, I wouldn't be here if I were "cleaning house" so to speak in the female arena so it begs the question - do demographics play a role in the game? Let's assume that supply and demand apply to more than just the price of rice. In an environment where males significantly outnumber females does the bell curve skew in favor of the females? Assuming that the typical demographic of my area all go out to the same place on the same night, and keeping the numbers easy, there will be 215 people total, with 115 males and 100 females. Assume that everyone is single. Assume no three-ways, and everyone desires to find a partner tonight - for this thought experiment. By default 15 men will go home alone, and all 100 women will find a partner. I don't consider myself at the bottom of the bell curve so I don't have to go home alone, but I feel that in this market I DO have to lower my standards quite a bit because there is a HELL of a lot of competition. Assume that looks are equally distibuted throughout the male and female population. The worst looking girl (#100) might be a three. The worst looking guy (#115) might be a three. But guy #115 has 14 other guys to compete against before he even reaches even ground! Guy #100 might be a 5, but he has 99other guys to compete with and might have to settle for the 3 girl because all 99 other girls are already taken.
Now, I know from looking at census data that not everywhere in the US has this surplus of males. I can keep my job and pay, and move basically anywhere in the US I want. For those who have traveled and seen this great country, can you pull a better chick in Chigago where women outnumber men, vs Anchorage where there are a ton of dudes? Do market economics apply to the Game as well? Or am I way off base with my logic?

BritSteve

Banned
Reaction score
Your numbers are totally wrong. The girls guys want are 18-29 whereas all guys from 18 to mid 40s are looking for these girls. Automatically this makes girls in prime age 2.5x more valuable than guys. You're best looking for a society that has had a large number of males wiped out by war or something, or improving yourself.