Inspirational Quotes

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"whom the gods would destroy, they first make angry." Euripides

"When you're wounded an lying on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out to cut up your remains, just reach for your rifle and blow out your brains, and go to your Gawd like a Soldier." - Rudyard Kipling

don juan jr

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Try to learn something about everything and everything about something."
-Thomas H. Huxley

brosnake

Don Juan
Reaction score
"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

- Teddy Roosevelt

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many great quotes!! I love quotes :)

Some Arnold Scwarzenegger..
"Having chicks around is the kind of thing that breaks up the intense training. It gives you relief, and then afterward you go back to the serious stuff."

"My relationship to power and authority is that I'm all for it. People need somebody to watch over them. Ninety-five percent of the people in the world need to be told what to do and how to behave."

"I'll be back." (HAHA)

don juan jr

Don Juan
Reaction score
"To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose the next best" -Willam M. Becker"

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
-Carl Jung

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Don't be a minor character in the story of your life." - me

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dans une société qui a aboli toute aventure, la seule aventure qui reste est celle d‘abolir la société.

Lisez moins, vivez plus.

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
By Rudyard Kipling....

IF

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

don juan jr

Don Juan
Reaction score
'Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."
-Brendan Gill

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any Given Sunday: Al Pacino gives this speech before the last game of the film. Some of it can be applied to life and getting women:

"I don't know what to say really. Three minutes till the biggest battle of our professional lives. It all comes down to today. Now either we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play, till we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the sh!t kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell. One inch at a time.

Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces, and I think... I mean I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me, and lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know when you get old in life, things get taken from you. That's part of life. But you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out life's this game of inches. And so is football. Because in either game, life or football, the margin for error is so small. I mean... one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow too fast, you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that inch.

On this team, we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fu<ken difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this - in any fight, its the guy whose willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know if I'm going to have any life anymore, it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what living is! The 6 inches in front of your face...

Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you're gonna see a guy who will go that inch with you. You're gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it, you're gonna do the same for him.

That's a team, gentlemen. And either we heal, now, as a team, or we will die, as individuals. That's football, guys. That's all it is. Now, what are you going to do?"

Still insperational.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Here's my personal book of pickup lines. Say as many of them as you can as fast as you can. Don't stop for any reason." - Zapp Branagin (Futurama)

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"I came, I saw, I conquered." -Jay-Z

"Thoughts are things..." -Napoleon Hill

Blazing Redfish

Reaction score
"When it comes to compliments, women are ravenous blood-sucking monsters, always wanting more... more... more! And if you give it to them, you'll get plenty back in return."
- A Lesson in love from Homer Simpson

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cruise said:
"I came, I saw, I conquered." -Jay-Z
You seriously think that little hip hop boy mr "im so ghetto" "im such a badboy" said that.

No sir, it was none other then julius caesar. 'veni vidi vici'

white_hype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do not wish for an easy life, wish for the strength to endure a difficult one

-bruce lee

don juan jr

Don Juan
Reaction score
"The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself."
- Mark Twain

"Pain is inevitable; suffering is optional."

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Don't follow your dreams or goals or any of that shít, follow your fúcking animal instincts: if it moves kill it, if it doesn't, burn it."

Eric Harris

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My sig.