I'm losing out on average looking girls...it's killing my confidence

teddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been going out lately just to practice my skills and, let me say, it's been a tough going. I feel like I'm getting better; at the same time, though, it's very small progress. Tonight was a nadir; I got rejected by probably a 5, 6 at best, and moments later she's making out with another dude I wouldn't consider any better looking than me.

I know looks aren't everything, but that's the thing; I approached this girl with confidence and felt I did what I could do.

It's just discouraging to get these results right now.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
And she didn't try to get you as a beta orbiter? Wow.

OP, this is just one case. I had to delete 3 girls because they stopped answering their phones for me and I had a first date with another girl, which AFAIK, I failed there too. The 3 girls I deleted all gave me their numbers first.

Accept that you lost with this girl.

The sad thing is that confidence is a very small part of the equation. Confidence needs tangible clout and positive reinforcement to really mean something.

I hate all-talk-no-action b**ches.

Rival

Don Juan
Reaction score
fake it till you make it bro, keep your head up

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
While looks matter, it's not so simple as to say, "I should win over him because I think I'm better looking than him." The thing is, with any chick, it's about HER personal taste in dudes. It's not always about which guy appears more handsome from OUR perspective. So don't ever take it personally.

And never give up. But for now, call it a night, and get some sleep. Then get back out there another night and try again.

thunder_god

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel you dude. Today the guy who hooked up with my oneitis had another girl who I had my eye on throw herself at this guy. This muther****er is a tall, fat piece of $hit alcoholic trailer park trash. I know I'm 100x the man he is, yet I
can't get a girl. Like seriously wtf?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
teddy said:
I've been going out lately just to practice my skills and, let me say, it's been a tough going. I feel like I'm getting better; at the same time, though, it's very small progress. Tonight was a nadir; I got rejected by probably a 5, 6 at best, and moments later she's making out with another dude I wouldn't consider any better looking than me.

I know looks aren't everything, but that's the thing; I approached this girl with confidence and felt I did what I could do.
Bro approaching a 5 is a waste of time. You should be approaching a 10. You want to make out with a beautiful girl don't you?

Apparently that guy could get to her feelings and you couldn't. To help we would need your conversation with the girl.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
The lower your standards method is has been outdated for a while. Even whales recieve a lot of attention from desperate guys these days.

Wraithe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like they said above, every girl has different tastes and some girls you'll never attract no matter how smooth you play it. Don't forget also that your intentions speak volumes, and girls hear them far louder than they hear your words..

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who gives a fvck, its one girl.

If I approach ten whales and get rejected by all, am I a loser?

If I approach ten dimes and bang 5, am I the man?

Is the player who banged 500 girls happier than a virgin getting his first kiss?

Neither is the case. The ego loves to build up a story that you are such and such a man because of XYZ past with XYZ girls. And its total horseshît. All we can live in is right now. Live right now, be here. Nothing lasts. You just enjoy each moment have fun and keep moving. Theres nothing to hold on to. No end game to strive for. Just continual action and dynamic stream.

6stringer

Don Juan
Reaction score
jurry said:
Who gives a fvck, its one girl.

If I approach ten whales and get rejected by all, am I a loser?

If I approach ten dimes and bang 5, am I the man?

Is the player who banged 500 girls happier than a virgin getting his first kiss?

Neither is the case. The ego loves to build up a story that you are such and such a man because of XYZ past with XYZ girls. And its total horseshît. All we can live in is right now. Live right now, be here. Nothing lasts. You just enjoy each moment have fun and keep moving. Theres nothing to hold on to. No end game to strive for. Just continual action and dynamic stream.
re-read this over and over again. It may seem flippant and careless, but there is a deep deep wisdom in it.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Dhoulmagus said:
The lower your standards method is has been outdated for a while. Even whales recieve a lot of attention from desperate guys these days.
It's outdated, well, not as useful as it once was because of social media as well as desperate males.

Men used to gun for all the hottest chicks. When that failed, they went for older women/ cougars/ milfs. Then it went to the fatties. Then down to the uglies. Then down to the fuglies. Male desperation is rampant heavily these days. How low does a man have to go in this regard?

Last edited:

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately 20% of the men are fvcking 80% of the women. It has gotten much harder for average guys to get laid in the past ten years, primarily because of social media. Now even average girls can get good looking men. My roommate is quite alpha but the girl he is dating is a 5 at best. I was expecting to meet a model when she visited but instead she was a girl I would never look at.

In a nutshell, it is now easier for good looking guys and harder for ugly guys. Online dating is also to blame

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:
In a nutshell, it is now easier for good looking guys with game and harder for ugly guys who don't have game. Online dating is also to blame
Added in some missing text ;)

Just being good looking doesn't guarantee you anything if you're a man, unless you're gay. You still need to be free of insecurity to make use of it and then there's stuff like being a good dancer etc.

Brosy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd hazard a guess the fact you think you can do better is coming through in your interractions. You'd be amazed what kinds of subliminal cues people will pick up on despite your best efforts.

If fact, you'll likely have more joy going for someone you think is "in your league".

usernamedox11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugly and average girls are just as likely to reject you as pretty girls. The average 5 is delusional thinks she is Selena Gomez.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP: out of 10 what do you rate yourself? If you are a 5 or below I can totally understand.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
op everyone has they're down days

game is a state of mind you've got to 100% believe in yourself and what your saying and I'm not making this s*it up

im a good looking guy that goes for good looking girls if I'm having a bad day these chicks will tear me to shreds no more than the bad looking ones would

raise your standards and make your time count !!

rugby11

Don Juan
Reaction score
Weird (If you set an expectation) the same people will still come around by they will change their behavior to meet a new standard. Internal shift. Raise standards as far as investment.

JaegerPilot217

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick Notas, you should look him up his advice has changed my perspective on a lot of things