I'm Lazy - Fixed

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im Too Tired To Make Use of My Free Time

Hey you all. Schoolwork is draining me out so much. I go to a really hard prep school and im a junior so there are so many responsibilities. I am handling the schoolwork part well and maintaining good grades (4.2 GPA i think).

BUT, when im not doing schoolwork i feel like vegetating and doing absolutely nothing. I cant make use of my free time cause i dont want to be constantly doing stuff. Even if i love studying spanish or reading a book that interests me, i cant get myself to work on what i like because i just dont feel like working after I complete my homework. ANy help?

teencraft

Don Juan
Reaction score
your only solution is to drop out.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kerensky
How about you stop lying to yourself and change the title to "too lazy."
But im not totally lazy. Im doing very well at school taking 3 AP classes and working out after school and going to an SAT prep class. I just want to work on what i want even if i really like it. I just dont want to work. Should i just wait till summer before i study what i want?

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL again, teencraft. Dude, for a 4.2 average, I would trade my activities during my free time.

No, wait. that would include giving up my time to come to this site! NOOO.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are honestly too exhausted during your free time to do anything else, then just chill out and watch the tv and go to sleep.

if your body or mind are tired, they need rest.

as long as you eat properly and shower reguarly and get some exercise , then you have nothing to loose but a social life, and heck you can have one of those with the exhaustion streak goes away.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
if you are honestly too exhausted during your free time to do anything else, then just chill out and watch the tv and go to sleep.

if your body or mind are tired, they need rest.

as long as you eat properly and shower reguarly and get some exercise , then you have nothing to loose but a social life, and heck you can have one of those with the exhaustion streak goes away.
yea i just feel like im wasting my precious time.....i am one of the few in my school that doesnt think school work is that important...yes, it is important for being financially successful but financial success does not mean overall success. All these kids just want to go to a great college and get loads of money. Thats all they are worried about. But i guess i can work on my other stuff during the summer and senior year. From what i know, junior year is the ass year.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He takes A.P. classes, which give you 5s for As, 4s, for Bs and so on.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
then you are just stupid and/or screwed.

Just kidding.

Might be different rules where you live.

teencraft

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you get a B or higher in an honors class then that adds .2 to your GPA, for a maximum of 4.4...you can't go above 4.4

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
U know your grades stuff, teencraft. Smarter than me.

eggnawgkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lucky bastards. I'd have a 4.32 then, instead I have a 3.92. Then again at the end of the year it'll be more like 3.85 dammit. Oh well it's not worth all the time studying to keep it up.

teencraft

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have a 3.1 and then this semester...like maybe a 2.0...Oh well I'm still going to college with my scholarships and all that shiat!

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
teencraft, you are like me in the 3.1 2.0 aspect.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea the thing is....i dont want to apply to a very serious and intense college. Ill work hard in college but i dont want to be around people that just work all the time. I think of myself as an intellectual who doesnt like to be around intellectuals. Wait no....thats not right. I dont like to be around people that just work, work, work. If i were at harvard, i might go to a better graduate school and make more money....but id rather go to a tier 2 school and be happier and i think ill still be fine financially.

teencraft

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brak86
yea the thing is....i dont want to apply to a very serious and intense college. Ill work hard in college but i dont want to be around people that just work all the time. I think of myself as an intellectual who doesnt like to be around intellectuals. Wait no....thats not right. I dont like to be around people that just work, work, work. If i were at harvard, i might go to a better graduate school and make more money....but id rather go to a tier 2 school and be happier and i think ill still be fine financially.
Good dude ****ing follow your dreams **** the rest of that **** **** money **** everything. If you're not happy doing what you're doing and you look back at your life and all you have is misery and porsches...you're going to feel real low.

I'm not saying stop doing what you're doing but tone it down, with a 3.8 or so you could still get into harvard if you change your mind later.

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by teencraft
Good dude ****ing follow your dreams **** the rest of that **** **** money **** everything. If you're not happy doing what you're doing and you look back at your life and all you have is misery and porsches...you're going to feel real low.

I'm not saying stop doing what you're doing but tone it down, with a 3.8 or so you could still get into harvard if you change your mind later.
the thing is.....i am "toned down." I always pity my friends for working so hard (then again sometimes i feel worthless). But i dont work hard at all. It sounds like i do a lot but i dont study before tests until the night before and i dont do my homework if i have a teacher that isnt anal about it (or doesnt check it at all). Im far from being the studious student, but somehow i work hard enough just to make the grades. Still my school is overwhelming and the people in it are just so misguided. Plus its an all guy school which sucks.....ass....