i'm in need of an effective opener for a group of girls

JMack350

Reaction score
So i've been reading the book "the game" by neil strauss...its a pretty good book about pick up artists and their techniques, and they mention a few effective openers aimed at a group of about 3-4 women in a bar/club type scene. I can see myself using maybe 2 or 3 of them comfortably, like

"excuse me, but my friend and were just arguing about blah blah, we could use a girls opinion, what would you guys do?"

or

"hi, did you girls by any chance watch that old show blah blah, we couldnt remember if they had special powers and ****, etc" (might have to be drunk for that one)

So i was wondering if anybody out there at some more effective openers along those lines that I could practice, so i'm not using the same ones over and over, and can see what works. just something to get the conversation going, get the girls thinking right away, instead of just "hi". any suggestions?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You seem like worldly women, have you ever traveled with the vast herds of wildebeest as they journey towards the woodlands of the Serengeti plains where the annual mating ritual, the Serengeti Rut, takes place?"

Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
"You seem like worldly women, have you ever traveled with the vast herds of wildebeest as they journey towards the woodlands of the Serengeti plains where the annual mating ritual, the Serengeti Rut, takes place?"
This sounds like it would be fairly effective - I would go with this line!

OR:

Hey there ladies, looks like you girls can use the company of a man.

crave

Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Haha, I don't think ALL girls would understand that ;p

jamescr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
heres one that works well for me. If you see a group of girls and they happen to be taking pictures of themselves, try and get in on the picture. Seriously, make it funny though. Then when they go to look at the picture on the playback, stick your head in there by the girls and ask how you looked. If you didnt get in for some reason, ask if theyll take another one and let you in on it. Great ice breaker, throw some C&F, and youll be right in the middle of the action real quick.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
crave said:
Haha, I don't think ALL girls would understand that ;p
This is what I'm getting at, there's no perfect line for openers. Guy's need to take into consideration where they are and what's going on around them in addition to saying something that is congruent with their personality. That's how you sound natural and not just some chump spitting someone else's lines.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I opened so many groups of girls on NYE by playing photographer... I'd be hanging out with my own group of friends, talking a little, dancing and drinking then catch a group of girls taking a picture, only thing was that one of them was taking it and wouldn't be in there... I was on hand to offer my services then I started up the conversation path... easy but obviously not all girls in the club are taking photos so you limit yourself

You can do the female's opinion opener... or why not kick the 'Hey guys, looks like the party's over here' line... if you're struggling for ideas you could always take to learning magic tricks, lol...

But really... you don't need more than 2 or 3 openers... remember, the same girl isn't going to be hearing you open more than once... its better to have 2 or 3 openers that you drop flawlessly rather than 10 or 20 that you struggle to remember and not say too effectively... I've run the exact same thing on every girl I've met during a night out at times with great success... also remember to observe too and if you spot anything unique then you can modify or create accordingly

DJsomeday

Don Juan
Reaction score
me and my brother were drinking with some friends and some people we didn't know and there was this hb8 and two guys who looked bored to tears, so he said, hey you look pretty bored guys? what do you want to talk about? and so the conversation started... and it went pretty well :D!

EDIT: crap forgot about the thread title i guess my point is you don't have to say a mind-blowing opener just whatever if you look confident and friendly(not a jackass)

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You say "hi" enthusiastically, (if they react negatively, you say, "bye!") waving to give high fives, and then say something. If something ****y pops op in your mind, go ahead (you've got the craziest dress I've seen all night, no, all week... ALL MONTH!"/"you girls don't take baths regularly do you?"), if not, say "the party is on!" and start dancing with one of them/them. Or, just say, "so, where are you girls from?".

Keep me away from your city because I will bang your women.

Shankar

Reaction score
Do a jealous girlfriend opener. But this is generally for nightgame.

Fortunate_Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
THANK GOD I FOUND YOU! I am lost, you ladies look like you could tell me where the Star Trek convention is, I am already late!

Actually you should just go with something either relevant or unexpected. It takes practice.