I'm having trouble finding things that my girlfriend and I can talk about.

Ben000

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I have been going out for going on two year now, and I can't, for the life of me, think of things to talk about with her. It is frustrating for both myself and for her. Just yesterday, I called her to talk about why she had been ignoring me and avoiding me, and it summed up to her feeling I'm, simply, not there enough for her(in the sense that when we're alone, I don't say anything to her). I keep trying to think of things, I simply have nothing, that has any substance, to say. What do couples talk about? What holds any interest for girls?

The challenger

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm try joining something with her.
like u shud both join a yoga class or martial arts, maybe a sport something like that, maybe a class in school.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's over.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah...2 years, if u cant how are u not comfortable enough with this girl that you can't find something to talk about? you shouldn't be talking about anything just joke around and have fun with the girl....

but like he said, its over.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
You're acting like her girlfriend. " I need to bare my deepest soul with her". Is this really what you want? She has gal pals to act as a crying towel.

Do not be her girlfriend. Be her man

TheHumanist

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So the Man is just suppose to stand there and grunt for the gal pals? He not trying to become her crying towel (though I think part of being the Man does sometimes involves "being there" sometimes), he is saying the two when they try to hang out can't find anything to talk about anymore.

Now to the OP, hate to say it man, two things come to my head. First (hopefully this is the true one) I guess you two have stopped clicking, for some reason I cannot fully tell, you lost compatability. You two have been together for two years and don't just naturally find conversation? It sounds like it pretty much over, well I wouldn't say completely, if you can find something to rekindle interests (common interests... c'mon you been together for two years), it looks dead. The second thought, is not as pleasant... though I mention it for the sake to lay out my thoughts, she lost interest in you for she is cheating with someone and you can't find conversation for she don't hold enough interest in you anymore to talk.

Aureliano

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't talk through mouth, but through Kino

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aureliano said:
Don't talk through mouth, but through Kino
tips like this make me laugh... you're trying to hard.

---

anyways

i hate when this happens... then a guy tries even harder to reason with the girl which makes u seem desperate.

turn the tables around, either you:
1) break it off first
2) call it a break first
3) quit trying so hard, and start being fun WITHOUT her.

with:
1) she'll feel the pain more, or just might be relieved
2) same as above
3) feel jealous, and try including herself more, or might get attention from a different guy.

there's always a good or a bad, depending on how the girl is.

---

and second, how did you last for two years and have nothing to talk about now... couples can talk about how good their day was or what a nice day it was... or anything.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well what about her, does she think of anything to say?

When relationships turn one sided it's bound not to work. So..you cant think of anything to say, she should at least make some effort on topics of discussion herself...such as taking turns on picking places to eat/hang out.

Well anyway my hs days are long over...but hs relationships are very pretentious. the girls and guys use each other to gain experience/ get laid.