Im going to prom with a cool girl, don't let me mess it up

wcknightjr

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know somebody out there has faced a similar scenario:

I finally have a prom date and she's also a senior (unlike any of my cradle-robbing friends, but that's another story). She's a really cool girl who i've gotten to know a little this year. we have similar interests, tastes in music, outlook on life, etc. So now i've asked her to prom and things are a little different. i feel like i can talk to her openly as a friend, but as soon as the convo starts to drift in another direction it seems like we both clam up a bit. let me emphasize, she is not a "friend" per se, she's just a girl i've gotten to know a little bit about, hell i don't even have her number right now. i know that if i play my cards right, i could probably win her over in the 10 days we have left until prom night. the only problem is that i need help opening her up and getting the convo going in the direction i want it to and at the same time gauging her interest level. i'm having a difficult time trying to apply what i've learned on this site to my situation. last time at our winter formal i fvcked up in opening the lines of communication and she ended up ditching me at the dance for some jerk that apparently she had a history with. she didn't even try to hide what she was doing! What a FVCKING *****! anyways i've decided that i'm not going to let this happen with this girl. so any ideas on getting her to, i don't know, think of me in a little different light. i'm definitely not in friend zone with this chick, because she's told other friends that she thinks i'm really cool too.

My ultimate question: How do i take this "cool" impression that i've left her and run with it?

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kino + C&F + Eye contact = win. simple as that.

Da Joa

Don Juan
Reaction score
C&F = ****y and funny

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Action dates are golden. Go for min-golf or even go kart racing (if there's a Magic Mountain around). Now that it's warm outside activties are abundant. Hell, go to a park and throw a frisbee. Lay on the kino and C+F and you're home free.

P.S. I think cradle robbers are kinda lame. My date to senior prom is finishing her first year of college :D

Reaction score
Who cares if you mess it up, as long as you learn something from the experience. You might have heard this a million times before, but you have to learn to let go.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im going to prom with a cool girl, don't let me mess it up
Firstly, with an attitude like that the chances of "messing it up" are increased, quite significantly. Start focusing on you. Also, if the conversation 'clams up' when you enter different conversation topics then this is a sure fire for her to chuck you in the friends zone UNLESS you remedy this problem quickly.

the only problem is that i need help opening her up and getting the convo going in the direction i want it to and at the same time gauging her interest level. i'm having a difficult time trying to apply what i've learned on this site to my situation.
Judging by the fact that you didn't know what the term C&F meant im guessing that you haven't learnt enough from this site. Your situation isn't unique, don't confuse yourself, just open her up and guage her interest level exactly the same way with any other girl (As taught in this site).

In closing i'll quote The Irish Corleone:

Who cares if you mess it up, as long as you learn something from the experience. You might have heard this a million times before, but you have to learn to let go.
Congrats on getting the date my friend, and i hope it works out for you, just make sure you have fun. ;)

rjherche

Don Juan
Reaction score
She will most likely go off with her friends for at least a little bit. During that time, dance with other girls. Show her that the ladies enjoy your company and you are "the catch." Don't just stand around with other dudes waiting for her to get back.