I'm always the guy on the side who....

lazikia

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm always the guy on the side who gets made fun of by the other guy so the girl can like him more and laugh at his jokes about me. So I get putdown and on top of that I go home alone while the other guy goes home with a girl (a girl that laughed at the guy's jokes about me). This has go to be one of the most frustrating positions.

coacj

Don Juan
Reaction score
i know some guys at my school who do that and to me i think its a chump move, you have to make fun of someone else to get attention from the girl. next time you should say this with the girl their " Why do you need to joke on me to get her attention, thats all you got ?"

PrinceBeavis

Banned
Reaction score
You've gotta stand up for yourself. That's all there is to it. All it takes is once to put yourself on a new path. It starts with two words...."Shut up." You can embellish to suit your taste as you progress.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you're missing some golden opportunities here. If he is with a girl and he points at you or talks about you while you're standing there, he just opened the set for you. Now you can enter and take over the set. Just go in and take over. You don't need techniques for this, and you don't need to get mad or show how tough you are, you go in and take over the set. The girl will think it's funny that you did it, the guy will look like a tool, and you'll come off as a cool guy both to to yourself and her.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
PrinceBeavis said:
You've gotta stand up for yourself. That's all there is to it. All it takes is once to put yourself on a new path. It starts with two words...."Shut up." You can embellish to suit your taste as you progress.
THE ANSWER!!! Stop being down in the dumps, the dude that's making insults is opening a doorway for you to get in the conversation! Make a joke about the guy then talk to the girl confidently. You can steal if successful.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
let your balls drop

martinM.

Don Juan
Reaction score
If he's trying to impress the girl, he's at a very weak point. Anything remotley witty or sharp will embarrass him and probably cause him to embarrass himself further.

swifTy

Don Juan
Reaction score
coacj said:
i know some guys at my school who do that and to me i think its a chump move, you have to make fun of someone else to get attention from the girl. next time you should say this with the girl their " Why do you need to joke on me to get her attention, thats all you got ?"
this guy knows whats up... it is indeed a very chump move. the chumpiest. what kind of loser puts his own friend down just to impress girl. a guy who resorts to this is weak and i would tell him as such. i would explain his behaviour tit for tat so that the girl could follow and it would make him seem like a little girl. just got to be smart with the way you do it tho otherwise youll appear the little girl.

strey

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh yeah

you have got some haters for friends. there is one in every group. most likely, your "friend" is in competition with you for this girl and he knows it. you probably have the upper hand with girls at this point and he knows it. he doesnt have any game and he knows it, so the only thing he has got will be put downs on you to show his worth. these guys are easy, and almost all the time pissed off coz they aint got no game. just play his game back and ten bucks says the next time this happens, the girl will go home with you instaed of him. and yes, have some respect for yourself and dont let people walk all over you and dont take crap from no one. its kill or be killed.

Outsider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude get some new friends, you don't need people like that.

TheNastyAfrican

Don Juan
Reaction score
When people do stuff like that to me I always comeback and/or do the same thing to them.

lazikia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well thanks for the advice everyone.

I think my best bet is to go for the girl that's in each situation and ignore the guy. If it fails then I can always walk away.

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lazikia said:
I'm always the guy on the side who gets made fun of by the other guy so the girl can like him more and laugh at his jokes about me. So I get putdown and on top of that I go home alone while the other guy goes home with a girl (a girl that laughed at the guy's jokes about me). This has go to be one of the most frustrating positions.
I used to be just like you. These days hardly anybody makes fun of me, and if they do it's in a fun way.

Basically you have to stop looking like a chump. The reason they are making fun of you is because it's easy.

If you are/do either of the things below expect people to crack on you:

-Don't walk straight
-Speak in a very soft voice
-Are too high energy
-Look down when spoken to
-Generally afraid to talk to strangers.

Basically what you are trying to do is build RESPECT. If you let somebody put you down you have lost your credibility.

When somebody put you down all you have to do is crack on them back. don't get pissed, because if you do they have won. Instead give them a witty comeback. They won't hit you or punch you or anything. If your comeback is witty enough you will end up GAINING the respect of your peers. You guys will also get a good laugh

remember, when a friend will make fun of you that means they generally like you and are comfortable enough with you to joke around. But if you don't defend yourself you WILL lose the respect they have for you.

Evolution

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lazikia said:
You will be surprised. Even when your having fun with girls in a set. There will still be guys laughing at you behind your back. So what? Who cares?

Most guys in High school are immature, this is something you have to accept right now. In high school, guys who are competing for attention and approval are the jesters. But, the king is the one who stands out. The king doesn't make fun of others, nor do they make fun of him. He controls all the actions. He is the alpha male.

People who make fun of others are insecure, they also lower their own social status.

I'am the king, I don't need to make fun of others. The people who try to make fun of me are the jester's, and they are for my entertainment :rock: .

CORVETTE06

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lazikia said:
Well thanks for the advice everyone.

I think my best bet is to go for the girl that's in each situation and ignore the guy. If it fails then I can always walk away.

no.. don't take that ****. you shouldnt be looking for girls. you should be looking for new friends.