if you had to choose...

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you had to choose just 3 exercises to widen your torso in the least time possible, what would they be?

i say, in this order:

1. bench presses
2. military presses
3. bent over rows

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just love it how you post the same r*tarded question in 12141314098 different forums.

I've never heard of anyone widening their torso in short time and with those excersises.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I don't like bench press w/a barbell. Too much pressure on the rotator cuff and you don't get the depth you can with a dumbbell.

I favor decline and flat presses with dumbbells because...

-you get lower.
-little to no stress on the front deltoid.
-the control in 1 hand leaves it up to your pec and tricep to do the lifting, not shoulders.
-more natural position for the wrists.

Military presses are nice with dumbbells, too. I get them lower than I would with barbells. The deltoids and triceps are in control of the weight and in natural positions, not forcing stress on the wrists.

Bent-over rows are nice, and so are deads. They're good for overall back work, particularly thickness.

A-Unit

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
if you had to choose just 3 exercises to widen your torso in the least time possible, what would they be?

i say, in this order:

1. bench presses
2. military presses
3. bent over rows
Deadlift
Squat
Bench

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heaves. Heaves are great.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
I just love it how you post the same r*tarded question in 12141314098 different forums.
I love the way you read each post of mine, although you know they suck... What about getting a life outside of here instead?

Originally posted by Centaurion

I've never heard of anyone widening their torso in short time and with those excersises.
Can you read?

1. Did I ever say "short time"? "least time possible" may mean 3 days as it may mean 4 years... Get some reading comprehension 101

2. If i knew which exercises were preferable, would have I asked here for advice? Probably not... Maybe you like spending your time on the Net asking for things you already know, but I'd rather get a better life if I were you

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a very unfriendly and uncooperative attitude, Jay-X, especially for someone asking for advice.
He misunderstood your question, just tell him exactly what you mean again, don't go telling them they need lives, or their life sucks or whatever, that's just pitiful.
Peace! :down:

C00L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if you want to build up your lats theres alot of good exercises for them.

I really like chins/pullups and t bar rows!

ranger smith

Reaction score
When you say "i want to widen my torso", I imagine you are trying to achieve the "V" shape? To get wide, there are two things you need to work on: The shoulders and the lats.

Shoulders:
-barbell/dumbell shoulder presses.
-barbell behind the neck shoulder presses, but I don't recommend doing this if you aren't experienced. But if you want, try lowering the bar to only the forehead level, and stop if you feel something hurting.
-lateral raises, which build up the medial deltoids, and gives width

Lats:
-widegrip pullups, or pulldowns on a machine if you can't do pullups. The key here is to lower yourself slowly, instead of just letting your body drop. This adds width to your lats
-Rows (barbell, or on a machine). This adds thickness to your lats.

Although doing bench/squats/deadlifts don't directly make you wider, these heavy compound exercises recruit a large amount of muscles, which increases your body's natural testosterone output, and helps you develop muscle in other areas of your body.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to widen your torso?

As they said at wbb : Gain 20 lbs.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MrS
You have a very unfriendly and uncooperative attitude, Jay-X, especially for someone asking for advice.
He misunderstood your question, just tell him exactly what you mean again, don't go telling them they need lives, or their life sucks or whatever, that's just pitiful.
Peace! :down:

You are right, MrS
Centaurion, I'm sorry, but I really hate the way you get into each post of mine and start blaming without reading well what I've written.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: if you had to choose...

Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
Deadlift
Squat
Bench