If you don't have a car

jetboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, I'm a long-time reader, first-time poster and have read the bible. What's troubling me is what if you're going out with a girl and you don't have a car? And you don't have any siblings that are old enough to drive a car either? Do you have to ask your parents to give you a ride? That sux....
Btw, I am old enough to drive.

TinyFzzyKiwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I believe alot of people have asked this question before, so you probably could've found what you needed through a search.

But you could ask her to drive, if your both old enough, you could meet her at w/e your going, or yes, you could ask your parents. It's only a problem if you let it be a problem.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my brother wants a car, we are both getting our licsences this summer, but what is it with cars, most people seem to get them to show off, im 17 i dont have one, and you know what im not planning to get one till im out of university, which will be at 23, because i dont need one, its to expensive. I dont need a car to compensate for lacking sometihng somewhere else because nothing is lacking.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
my brother wants a car, we are both getting our licsences this summer, but what is it with cars, most people seem to get them to show off, im 17 i dont have one, and you know what im not planning to get one till im out of university, which will be at 23, because i dont need one, its to expensive. I dont need a car to compensate for lacking sometihng somewhere else because nothing is lacking.
If you live somewhere that lacks sufficient public transportation, a car is necessary just for getting around, not for showing off.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Car = freedom, checkmate.

Can I take my girl on a roadtrip? No. I don't have a car and it wouldn't be much fun her riding pillion on my motorbike. Basically it widens that circle of potential dates. Easier to get to, alton towers, say by car than by train.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a car isnt a bad thing, and if it wouldnt cost me so much i would get one, but the cost of up keep, to me out weighs the benfit.

CobaltBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly two weeks and I can get a provisional liscence, and start learning. :D.

Check_mate you are right about the costs, but my parents are covering it so it's dandy.

The freedom it will bring is phenomenal. As long as you can afford the petrol.

eggnawgkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the answer seems obvious enough. Borrow your parents' car. Not too hard. Unless they have some niceass car that they're afraid you're going to crash. That's why taxis were invented. I would definitely not recommend a taxi though. It doesn't exactly scream elegant if you know what I mean. Good luck dude.

Kcman

Don Juan
Reaction score
yep anytime i wanna do something i just jack the rents car after making sure their not going to be doing anything . dont need to let on its not yours till they ask .

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but then you need to be insured to drive your parents cars. My dad would pay for my insurance for my car but i cant even afford to up keep the car. I cant go on my dads insurance on his car because he drives a 2 liter and anything more then 1.1 liter will be to expensive for me to get insurance on!

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
checkmate i understand your point of view. If you live in UK im sure there is a very good transportation system and a lot of places are close by, also i understand the prices of keeping a car up are pretty high over there.

But there are places where there is only one way out of not having a car and it sucks; thats to get your friends with cars to constantly give you a rides, and eventually your friends will get tired of it. I live in a huge city, where everything is spead out, so a car is essential. Buy an older small asian car in good condition...itll be cheap, insurance will be low, fuel economy will be good, and theyre reliable.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alright listen to me.i just had the same scenario.i was 17 in high school with no license for the first semester,it sucked but i had the ladies drive me around(i know it may be shot to your self estemm but take it,but it also shows your power over her).i got my license and a sick ass ride and i can honestly say that having my own car boosted my confidence and my dating(makes it easier to go on dates when your in charge).

upcomingDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha sh*t this is the only thing that's holding me back to become the ultimate DJ.. why? because:

1) im becoming dependent on my friends and family for rides

2) can't take the girl or girls (if you're a pimp) to far places to do "stuff"

3) can't go out and fly solo to pick up chicks (which i think is better than using a wingman)

4) you're pretty much stuck at home reading this website only to use what you know in doses and never really see your true potential

5) you feel inferior to those who can go out and live life

i'm sure there's more reasons but these are the things i can think of right now... one more month and we'll see the ultimate change (when i get my license)

redshift

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Interpol
If you live somewhere that lacks sufficient public transportation, a car is necessary just for getting around, not for showing off.
True..esp in places like Detroit..where public transportation is Zilch!:down:

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a '76 corvette. If I'm just looking for a little *****, I cruise town, and the car does the work for me. It will pay for itself in snatch.

So FLY

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i have the same problem, but i just get rides from my friends or go on double dates to the movies