If you could never be with the person you love.......

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you love someone and that person could never be yours for some reason i.e. becasue of LDR what would hurt you more?

If you love the person and the person loves you very much, you two are very compatible and great together? In short, there's a potential great relationship.

OR

If you love the person but the person tells you he/she doesn't love you to the same degree you love them?

Gpaq

Don Juan
Reaction score
Love...hmm.
I don't think you should "love" women than can't love you back.
BUT, you can love someone even if he doesn't love you back. Being in love though with a woman that's not into you, is foolish though.
Love cannot be measured or spoken through words. It's all about actions.

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gpaq
Love...hmm.
I don't think you should "love" women than can't love you back.
BUT, you can love someone even if he doesn't love you back. Being in love though with a woman that's not into you, is foolish though.
Love cannot be measured or spoken through words. It's all about actions.
Thanks for your input. But that's not the point of my question actually. What I'm really asking is if you could never be with the person you love what would hurt you more: If you both love each other or Do you prefer the person just do not love you back?

I want to know what case would hurt more for people.

My english is not good, but i hope you understand what trying to say.

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another scenario:

This question is for the men. What about if the case is the woman got into a tragic car accident. A doctor saved her life and did not let her pay money becasue he got an interest with her and want to marry her. Being that what happened sucks but it's fortunate that she did not die and knowing that that guy saved her life would that help you to more accept things and help ease the pain? By looking at the positive side? Or there's no difference it would make...hurts and sucks the same?

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically, the point of my OP is if the two people cannot be together what hurts more if they both love each other or if one person just do not reciprocate (maybe lie to you they do not love you)?

Gpaq

Don Juan
Reaction score
This stuff is too romantic for me, but i'll try to answer. Love is not a selfish feeling (being in love is). So, even if your love is not reprocicated, what YOU feel remains the same.
So, in both cases the feeling is the same.

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
This stuff is too romantic for me, but i'll try to answer. Love is not a selfish feeling (being in love is). So, even if your love is not reprocicated, what YOU feel remains the same.
So, in both cases the feeling is the same.
I understand what you say. I'm a woman actaully. There's this guy I love so much and he feels the same way, we can be great together but LDR is NOT an option. Let's just say we cannot be together. Period. There's problem. I want to lessen the pain FOR HIM, I'm thinking if he can accpet things and ease his pain by lieng to him saying I don't love him to the degree he loves me.

Thoughts?

Gpaq

Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen woman. If you really loved him, LDR WOULD be an option. So, you' re just not that into him, in order to accept a LDR.
Be honest about it, tell the truth. Everything else is BS. If you respect him, treat him with respect and don't lie. DO NOT tell him to stay friends. This is BS too. Cut all contact and move on (both of you).

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen woman. If you really loved him, LDR WOULD be an option. So, you' re just not that into him, in order to accept a LDR.
Be honest about it, tell the truth. Everything else is BS. If you respect him, treat him with respect and don't lie. DO NOT tell him to stay friends. This is BS too. Cut all contact and move on (both of you).
No. I DO love him very much you just don;t know. It just happens we are in different continent. And either cannot relocate. We're both young. No options.

Please I want to know what hurts less.

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
would me telling him i don't love him that much hurts more?

if the two people would never be together but at least love each other you know you have love for each other that will probably never change you will always be in each other's hearts thinking about each other and will never forget each other even if you two will be with different people in the future isn't is better? a bit "consoling"? umm probably it's just emotional torture??
:(

aglenn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell him you gained 50lbs and and you took up chewing tobacco.

aglenn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess the 50lbs would be more hurtful to me. The chewing tobacco isn't so bad. Seriously though, if you are on two different continents, you don't need a story to tell other than the truth. It's pretty damn onvious that that great of a distance just aint gonna fly. Which I'm sure you already know which leads me to believe that this "seperated by oceans story" may not be the case at all.

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aglenn
I guess the 50lbs would be more hurtful to me. The chewing tobacco isn't so bad. Seriously though, if you are on two different continents, you don't need a story to tell other than the truth. It's pretty damn onvious that that great of a distance just aint gonna fly. Which I'm sure you already know which leads me to believe that this "seperated by oceans story" may not be the case at all.
I see. We both know LDR is our problem. But I hope to ease the pain for him..

aglenn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how young you are but if both of you are minors, you aren't in love. It'll pass.

friendlydays

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how young you are but if both of you are minors, you aren't in love. It'll pass.
I'm 23, he's 24. Not too young. Our love is not just infatuation. And we have met and spent some time in real life.

KinkyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score

agreed.

i dont get it. just tell the friggin truth, unless this isnt the actual truth