if a girl asks "did you break up with ur gf?" do you answer?

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
so i have been off facebook a while and i'm back now that i'm single again. so a girl who has always had a thing for me messaged me asking if i broke up with my gf. am i meant to answer that? if so, how would i? just tell her "yes, things didn't work out?" i didn't break up with her actually, she did but it was a mutual break up cause we both knew it wasn't going anywhere.

sinnerman

Don Juan
Reaction score
you dont have to go in the details about how you broke up or who was the ''dumper'' and the ''dumpee'' with this new girl. just tell her yea its over or things din't work out

Ace_Magnamus

Don Juan
Reaction score
who cares how it happened.

say it didnt work out. dont say she dumped you

im sure she wont grill you for all the details.

tell her youre back on the market and get the ball rolling.

why wasn't your last one going anywhere?

hopefully the next one will go somewhere.

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
we tried to make things happen but we were too different. she was very outdoorsy and sporty, i wasn't. plus she wasn't very affectionate either, that was just her personality. she was into all the bar scene, drinking beer. very sweet girl but yeah, didn't work. i took it hard when she called me and told me but i'm getting over it.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
big mistake most dudes make with this is going into too much detail. just as in the way dudes either seem to overcontact or non-contact they either say nothing or tell a life story, incapable of doing anything more natural in the middle

if a girl wants to know this - i tell them, sure...but i don't go into detail. most of the time they don't want to know actual detail just a basic thing. ive no problem with that

Myrrdin

Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneWolf said:
should you still use this if you're single and a girl asks something like "you seeing anyone?" kinda risky game to play no?
Basically you use it to evade the answer.

Possible answers to your question:

"I'm playing the field."

"I like to keep my options open."

"No. *wink*"

"Why? You interested?"

It all depends on what you want to communicate.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
HappyHarryHardon said:
so i have been off facebook a while and i'm back now that i'm single again. so a girl who has always had a thing for me messaged me asking if i broke up with my gf. am i meant to answer that? if so, how would i? just tell her "yes, things didn't work out?" i didn't break up with her actually, she did but it was a mutual break up cause we both knew it wasn't going anywhere.
New girl asks you this, always make the old gf look good. "She was sweet and I enjoyed my time with her, yet we both thought we'd be better as friends. Crap like that. Whatever you say about the old one will come back to bite you with the one.

Mr. Fantastic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Best response is...

Her: "Why did you guys break up?"

You: "She had a weird fetish... She liked to dress up as herself and act like a total b!tch."

What can she say to that?